• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Vodafone contract

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vodafone contract

Hi all,

Apologies in advance for such a long post but here goes. My partner has 2 contract mobiles with vodafone, a phone for him and one for me. We have always paid the monthly bills etc...recently though it has come to our attention that im now not getting the "unlimited internet" that i had when first taking out the contract and had now gone down to a 500mb allowance each month and so my partner phoned them up and queried it as that is what we signed up for. there answer was "its for your own good"

My partner requested the copies of both contracts he signed and the customer adviser said no problem they will be in the post in the next few days, that was 3 weeks ago now. My partner has since phoned them up again requesting them, another adviser this time kindly told him how irresponsible he is for misplacing them in the first place and said that it can take up to 10-14 days for them to arrive (snail mail by the sounds of things).

Since then my partner has been emailing Vodafone to request the same thing and after a few days he gets this...

I'm sorry to let you know that we can not provide you the copy of your contract.

However you can take this email as a proor of your contract as it has a Vodafone logo on it.

You have 2 number on your account.

Details for the number 07xxxxxxx.

Your parice plan is Your Plan 1200minutes + Unlimited Text + Vodafone Passport.

Contract started on 12th July 2009 ends on 11th July 2011.

Your phone is Nokia N97

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Details for the number 07xxxxxxx.

Your parice plan is Your Plan 600minutes + Unlimited Text + Vodafone Passport + Vodafone Mobile Internet.

Contract started on 4th December 2009 ends on 3th December 2011.

Your phone is BlackBerry 8900.

I trust the above infroamtion helps.

I've also attached a short customer feedback questionnaire and would really appreciate your thoughts to help us improve our service and I can assure you, this will be treated in confidence. Just click here to start.

Kind regards,

Reena Wilson
    Vodafone Customer Services

So my partner sends one back saying you cant be serious expecting me to take that email as a true signed contract!!! and gets another one back today saying.....

I know for you it is an vital document so that you can keep the records of the contract.

As one of my colleagues had in the previous email explained you the details of the contract

We provide the copy of the contact details only at the time of taking the new contract.

However, considering this situation l have send you the all the contract details on the vodafone letter head which you'll be receiving witnin 5-6 working days.

Trust this helps.

Manjiri Chourasia
    Vodafone Customer Services

So from what we can gather there sending out a letter with the vodafone logo on the top saying exactly what has already been said in a previous email.

We feel like we are banging our heads against a brick wall already, any help or advice will be greatly appretiated.

Tags: None

Re: Vodafone contract

Do you have a copy of your agreement(I know you are asking them for their copy but do you)?
    Do you have paper billing or online billing?(check the call plans on the paper bill).
    "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
    (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

I know this may sound stupid, but have you considered going into a Vodafone shop to talk to them direct about it. I had a problem with 3 recently and they let me back out of a contract without penalties as I've so much stuff with them. Helped another one on T Mobile who took the "I'm a good customer and would hate to leave you as I've been very happy, but......." approach. He also got the result he wanted after legal wrangling. Sometimes a personal touch is a better option, then if you don't get what you want, come back and seek further help!

Comment

Hi Leclerc, yes i have a copy of 1 of the contracts but not for the Blackberry one which is the one where they have changed the unlimited mobile internet to 500mb. I also have the online billing not a paper bill.

Caspar, we went into our local vodafone shop which is 30 miles away only to be fobbed off and told to phone customer service.

Comment

Vodafone defends decision to drop unlimited internet | News | TechRadar UK

Apologies but brain was not in gear earlier so did a search based on the criteria above. They have introduced this limit albeit they have supposedly said that they have had this for some time, I'm not sure that was the case.
          "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
          (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

Thanks LeClerc. Just popping in tonight as still on holiday and doubt I'll have a signal all evening.

Looks like you cam up with the answer - thanks!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X