• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Help required: virgin media contract

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help required: virgin media contract

Have read through a few threads regarding Virgin Media on this forum, but my question is still not exactly answered. My partner and I agreed to Virgin Media bundle (phone/tv/broadband all at the lowest package) at the start of February. At no point have we signed anything at all that appears to be a contractual agreement between ourselves and Virgin Media. My question is, if we have not signed a contract are well still entitled to the charges that would be incurred if we cancel our services?
    We are extremely unhappy with their product and feel we have been mis sold the bundle and have contacted Virgin Media on a regular basis since their services began. Our main issue is their charging of their services we were told that our package would be no more than £25 plus phone which we understood. Our first bill was £98. When I phoned and queried this I was told we had been charged for the XL package not the M package. I asked them to correct this which they did. At that point I also enquired about cancelling all their services which they stated it would cost £180 cancellation fee, I then enquired about cancelling just the tv service and they said it would cost £37 cancellation fee as I had already changed the package once by 'downgrading' from the XL to the M. I did explain that we had not taken out the XL package and that it had been an error on their part, but the person was unhelpful (yes customer services!). This is just the 'readers digest' version, there has been a lot more phonecalls in the past few months and we have struggled to find anyone who can help us with this and basically feel backed into a corner by Virgin. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanking you
    Angel x

Re: Help required: virgin media contract

Angel, I had exactly the same thing when I tried to sort out my mother's Virgin contract for her.

I couldn't make head nor tail of their billing system and their customer service call centre staff were next to useless when I rang them. So I went straight to the top.

Have a read, if you haven't aready Virgin Media - Legal Beagles Consumer Forum

Comment

Maybe off topic slightly, but I started a claim via Northants against VM for the usual crap, late payment charges reconnect fees blah blah, and due to the Courts cockup it took nearly 8 weeks to get a copy of the defence from them (nearly 1 full page!) this goes back to September 09
      Whats interesting is that ALL bills after issuing the claim stopped, mind you they had cut off the Broadband service and phone some weeks previous.
      Now (yesterday) I get a letter from some DCA in Scotland requesting payment of the full amount, the wheels turn slowly at Bransons ranch...

Comment

Email the CEO - it worked for me Neil.berkett@virginmedia.co.uk

Comment

Amy - many thanks for your advice.. will try the CEO route xx
          Brian - best of luck with your fight ! am advising anyone now who asks about virgin media to avoid them xx

Angel x

Comment

Originally posted by AngelG View Post
            Amy - many thanks for your advice.. will try the CEO route xx
            You're welcome, let us know how you get on xx

Comment

Originally posted by AngelG View Post
              ! am advising anyone now who asks about virgin media to avoid them xx

Angel x
              Me too.
              Have been with them for years and just upgraded to inc phone and get a wireless router. What a rubbish bit of kit. Didn't work, they gave rubbish and potentially damaging advice, cost me money and then offered to recompense for that and then got that wrong so they charged me for their mistake that had already cost me .... Bunch of incompetents.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X