• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

vodaphone dispute

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vodaphone dispute

Hi,
    I was 11mths into my 18mth voda contract when my mobile was lost/stolen. I informed voda who put a block on the sim until I could confirm that it was gone for good. I phoned voda to confirm that the phone was gone and could they send me a new sim. 10 days later I made a follow up call asking for an update on when my sim would be arriving, but they said they had no record of that call taking place, so I requested a new sim again and asked when I should receive it and was advised within a couple of days.
    28 days later I still had no sim so I informed them in writing that it had been 2 months since I had used theservice I had requested a repacement sim on 2 occassions without ever receiving it and they had still taken the money I said that this is unreasonable and that they have broken the service agreement and as far as I was concerned the contract was now over.
    they responded in a letter by foregoing 2 months rental and that they will send out a new sim...which I never got again! As far as I was concerned they had accepted my letter and that the contract was over.

However now they are demanding the full outstanding amount of the contract they find it strange that I never received the sims even tho they sent a couple out and that I could of walked into a voda shop and got one over the counter, although I was never advised of that at any point until now, they even stated that even if I have not got the sim I am still liable for the line rental!!!
    Part of the t&c states that if they dont fundamentally do something that I ask in writing the contract is terminated....
    They have passed it over to a debt collector who are threatening court/doorstop collections! Is their anything I can argue because as far as I am concerned this is unreasonable to expect me to pay for something they have not provided to me on my request.

Re: vodaphone dispute

How much time has elapsed since you terminated the contract?

Comment

3 months or just over

Comment

You have a number of options. You could allow them to sue you, then counter claim, you could do nothing and hope they are bluffing or you could take action now to prevent them from issuing a claim, or placing a default on your credit file.

Since the account is clearly in dispute, you should inform the DCA that they must return the account to Vodafone and that you will deal with Vodafone yourself.

In the meantime, write to Vodafone and inform them that you repudiated the contract due to their multiple breaches. It might be wise to take a look at the terms and conditions of your particular contract to see if there is a clause which allows for this as there certainly should be.

Comment

Hi,
          I did as advised and found that under my monthly contract that if they dont fundamentally do as I ask in writing I can terminate the contract. I advised them of this in a letter.

They responded by saying the following 'changes to the interpretation ofconsumer regulations have recently been made with regard to termination fees. These changes are applied to any early contract termination charges you may have incurred, and therefore should reduce the value of the final payment required by vodafone.

Vodafone then, as a good will gesture are providing a discount to the value of your final bill'

this amounted to a grand total of £16.91.

they have totally ignored my letter quotingthe t&c and my rights to cancel and are talking about early contract termination charge!

Comment

Write another letter, keeping it short and informing them that they need to pay attention and actually read your first letter and respond to the points in it. Attach a copy of your first letter.

All you have received is a template response to a common complaint regarding early termination charges. Your case is different and you must persevere and make them understand this, however, try not to get wound up, Vodafone don't care and neither should you.

What you are doing is creating a paper trail for the dispute that documents it all and demonstrates that you have been reasonable throughout and have tried to settle this matter.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X