• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Virgin mobile broadband

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Virgin mobile broadband

Hi there. I'm not sure if I can really progress with this, so asking for advice, virgin have really got my goat on this one.

My step mum recently got a new laptop with mobile broadband capabilities. following a series of incompatible sims we finally found my dad's contract sim worked just fine and she called them asking if it could be switched to a mobile broadband tariff. No problem, they said. its 30p a day, but be careful of downloading videos, music or games. she agreed and all was well.

When I queried the data limit for this tariff my step mum had no idea what I was talking about so its quite clear virgin did not explain this.
    She proceeded to download an antivirus program later in the week, which exceeded the data limit of 25mb per day. I believe it was around 63mb total.
    She's now being charged £142 for this. I had to do a bit of rooting around to actually find data limits and extra charges on their website and it turns out they charge £2 per mb if you exceed your limit. Even with this extortionate charge it works out to £126 and thats if she used up her daily limit before downloading it, which is highly unlikely, she's a very light internet user.

Is there anything we can do to bring this charge down? they say they can check the data usage, but not what it was for. can i challenge them knowing exactly what was downloaded and that the figures do not add up?
    I'm annoyed over the points of them reccomending this tariff knowing it was for a laptop and not a mobile phone, and that the charges were not fully explained.
    this tariff is even marketed as unlimited access for 30p a day which i find very misleading in the first place.

Re: Virgin mobile broadband

Go straight to the top, there is no point wasting your time with call centre workers.

Email Neil Berkett at the executive offices - Neil.Berkett@virginmedia.co.uk and explain your problem.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X