• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Going round in circles with 3 cancellation

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Going round in circles with 3 cancellation

I signed up to 3 for a 24-month Broadband contract over 2 and a half years ago, I had no problems at all until the day I decided to Cancel and give 30 days notice.
    To be honest I had no contact details and the only I had was to cancel my D/D payment (December 2023) and wait for them to contact me, I received a call on 02/01/24 asking for my late payment and January's payment. I paid it over the phone and I asked to be put through to cancellations where I gave my 30 day cancellation notice, they tried to convince me to stay by offering a tablet but I stuck to my guns and went ahead with the 30 day notice.
    I asked for verification by email but didn't get one, I didn't pursue them for it.
    21st February I received another call from them wanting money for Jan/Feb (payment dates were set from 21st to 20th of the month), I questioned this as I thought it was canceled but had to pay for that month before being transferred to cancellations again.
    The person I spoke to was the same person I spoke to originally and he apologized for not completing the cancellation the month prior, he reassured me that it would be done now and he confirmed that I will not owe them any more money and would not hear from them again. I again asked for a confirmation email but again didn't get one, however, I did get an email off 3 saying my account is now up and running again. I recorded the whole conversation I had with him because I knew I would get another call this month from them asking for money, and sure enough, I got a call on 19/03 saying I owed them more money only this time I kicked off and told them they're not getting a penny out of me as my account is now closed.
    They threatened me with bailiffs if I didn't pay because the account is still active but because I sounded very angry they would put me through to complaints, the guy in complaints claimed I don't know how the procedure works and the sales team didn't know that I canceled because it doesn't show up on their database, he went on to say that I owe nothing even though my account shows I owe money because on the 22nd it will show £0 and my account will be settled in full.
    I have my doubts

Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X