• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

VM mis-sold contract?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VM mis-sold contract?

Hi everyone, my Virgin Media package, Broadband/tv/landline phone, is coming to an end 26th this month so I got into a WhatsApp chat with one of their reps. Cutting a long story short (ish) I was offered a deal that included a sim card with unlimited data, minutes and texts with O2 for £64. As I already have a sim with the exact same deal with O2 for £30 which was part of my initial VM contract, I asked if the new new contract would include my existing sim and I, by their response, thought it would. I asked for confirmation a total three times although the second time the reply was a little evasive, the third answer to specifically, "can you please confirm my current O2 sim, unlimited data/mins and text, is included in the new package", was "Sure! no problem, like I mentioned earlier you will be able to receive a confirmation on this O2 contract through email address and mobile number that you shared to me earlier" On this basis I accepted the offer but when the confirmation email was received the sim card was not included and VM are saying that the O2 sim is part of the renewal but since that is separate contract your bill will be £25 for O2 sim and £64 for VM services. they advise to contact O2 directly regarding the issue. They're not budging. I informed them that this is not what I was told and I have had to give 30 days notice to cancel and my final bill will be £68 which £6 will be refunded (how they work out their bills I have no idea) but I'm wondering if there's any other action/direction I could go?
    Bit rambly but thanks in anticipation.
    Dave
    Tags: None

Sorry to hear that
    so the cooling off period has ended of 14 days? You could write a complaint letter,and then if it fails, onto the ombudsman? Have you read the complaints policy? If they have been ambiguous and can prove it, u should have a good case; good luck

Comment

Hi, thanks for your reply. I received a call yesterday from VM with another offer, not completely satisfied but near enough.
      Thanks again,
      Dave

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X