• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Virgin switch off landline swap to VOIP

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Virgin switch off landline swap to VOIP

Virgin have switched off my landline and plugged my phone into my router (internet calls) last year - for approx 18 months they have been in breach of contract -did not ask me if they could do this AND are still charging me for a landline I no longer have - regulator said all landlines in UK being switched off by 2025 BUT

After pointing out to regulator if I have a problem with my router, if there is a power cut e.g. fire in the house cuts out the power, if virgin internet goes down - ALL 3 SCENARIOS I lose my phone (as it is no longer in the landline but plugged into router instead. BT have stopped rolling out switchover as they have all now been caught secretly switching us over (and for next 3 years defraud us all by charging us for a landline that does not exist

For over 18 months VIRGIN refuse to deal with this, everyone lies and hangs up because you understand exactly what they did without consulting you - now they claim a deadlock letter was sent (only after 18 months) because I demand my landline back and refund for 18 months fraud charging for a landline that does not exist - they refuse to restore landline and even LIE I have a landline says so in their system

They claim deadlock letter sent - not received they refuse request to get a copy emailed - without the letter you cannot proceed - as I am in deadlock I cannot reduce my package either

they have admitted not everyone in my area has been switched over so it is still physically possible to switch my landline back on - I am disabled and told them they are in breach of contract and health and safety as I have three scenarios where I lose my phone - one being if there is a fire - when do lots of fires happen -during power cuts - what is government threating - power cuts - so when power cuts happen I HAVE NO PHONE as my phone is in my router which requires electricity

this means I must keep my router plugged in and switch on (increasing my electricity bill further) as router must be on or telephone does not work

Their backup service is a mobile type device which you cannot use in a power cut unless you keep it charged 24/7 just in case of router breakdown, virgin internet goes down or power cut for any reason

So a telephone line that - was designed to be separate from electricity supply for health and safety reasons is being replaced with requirement to keep router plugged in 24/7 and also an emergency mobile type devide charged at your cost in case your VOIP system goes down - and despite them using the broadband I already pay for separately as my new telephone line - they still want to keep fraudulently charging me for a landline that no longer exists- is physically switched off by them untl 2025

If you notice Sky etc no longer advertise phone, tv, broadband package just tv & broadband - if you switch they say they will take over you phone and you will pay £0 for the landline - because - there is no landline - why virgin etc continuing to charge landline charge every month after they switch you over BY COMPLETE STEALTH as you have not been consulted to keep defrauding you until 2025

So virgin is charging me for a landline that does not exist, refuses to send deadlock letter - claim it's sent but it never arrives - refuse to email a copy - are in breach of contract and committing fraud and this is to happen to EVERYONE IN THE UK - and once everyone on VOIP in above three scenarios - fire alarms in workplace and nursing home won't work, safety alarm systems go down - no one has any access to a phone - now you understand why BT have agreed to stop their roll out - virgin still doing it secretly to existing customers and don't explain to new customers why it's not a landline any more -

British Government, regulator and the entire telecoms industry all agreed behind the four nations back - all this is on a need to know basis and the four nations don't need to know

So legally where do i stand - they are in breach of contract and committing fraud and putting my life in danger and I have had 18 months of virgin media staff lying and then hanging up - I am not giving up but this is to happen to everyone in UK - if BT has stopped roll out of switch from landline to VOIP why have virgin not stopped and have a system in place to breach existing cotracts (by stealth) and fraudulently charge customers for landlines that have been disconnected without your knowledge
    Tags: None

They are proving landline services just not in the form you would like.Alas copper lines are being revoked across all UK there is a deadline that providers have circa 2025 so you will not have the ability to have a phone in a telephone socket for much longer.Its digital phone lines .all the way

Comment

I renewed a BT contract yesterday - they are also going internet only soon

Comment

As I said all network providers I am afraid it is plug your phone into a router or switcher.If you do not have broadband and landline only you're be given a router that you can't use for broadband only phones calls via digital.If your area is prone to power cuts they may give you a back up battery or a one off prepaid ten pound mobile top up worth asking them?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X