• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Do I have a leg to stand on here or am I liable

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do I have a leg to stand on here or am I liable

So two years ago I took upgraded my phone contract to get the next iPhone X fast forward 6 months i lost my phone and I’ve never been able to retrieve it.
    So straight away i rang 3 and asked to claim on my insurance (which I took out on the phone when I bought it over the phone) they then came back to me and said it wasn’t insured. I had no evidence that this was true I’ve never had any receipts any proof of purchase apart from payments coming out of my account for the insurance. I demanded something to be done about it and they said they can either give me a cr*p phone or terminate the contract as I demanded the same phone I received. I ended having a phone call with a women who said I could use the termination package to get out of my contract and no longer pay it. Which I did.
    a week or so later I had a phone call saying I owe money for the phone even though they’ve just told me I no longer needed to pay it and the person on the phone said you shouldn’t I’ll look into it for you. Again, a week later another phone call saying no you’re now liable for this payment by this time I had already got a new contract out with another provider.

After months of refusal and asking to give me the call history to prove this and that they’ve basically went against there word surely this isn’t right/fair.

They only just sold the debt to Lowell which then looked into again after I explained and basically just said since I was told on the phone I’m still liable even with no black and white proof as why would I purchase a brand new phone and not get it fully covered. I said I still refuse to pay and they’ve put me down as refusing payment. Am I in the right here or am I actually liable through this little crack there trying to get money out of me for. I would go to court if it meant I would have a chance of winning it..I’ve never thought of chasing it up but now I feel the balls rolling again
    Tags: None

So a SAR request to the phone company requesting all the information they have about you, including phone calls.

Comment

Hi Adam if you can see the insurance as DD then it's through third party or separate from three/ 3 Hutchinson payment and your port of call on losing the phone is the provider of insurance three will have no record of the insurance as sold as add on as it were a bit like mortgage and home insurance you contact the insurance provider not the service provider. As for held to term charged for phone yes request sars call recording and escalate your complaint not just verbally but email etc intact request email only response so you have it in black n white ink as old saying goes. Good luck keep us updated so we can all know what happens

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X