• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

*WON* £5800 mobile phone charges following theft in BCN ** WIPED !!! **

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: £5800 mobile phone charges following theft in BCN If anyone can advise me ; (

Hi All
    There appears to have been a communication error .
    Ive just received an email from The Complaints Department of Ombudsman ( I complained about Ombudsman services)
    All charges for fraudulent calls following assault and theft in Barcelona on May 17 2014 have been removed
    the bill is £0.00
    Thank you Dear Folk and Miles for all the support
    :doggieyes::doggieyes::doggieyes::doggieyes::doggi eyes::doggieyes::doggieyes::doggieyes::doggieyes:: doggieyes::doggieyes:
    Huzzah

xxx

Comment

Re: £5800 mobile phone charges following theft in BCN If anyone can advise me ; (

Bloody hell Mabel, that's bloody brilliant ! ( and as it should be !) WELL DONE !!!!
      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Re: *WON* £5800 mobile phone charges following theft in BCN ** WIPED !!! **

Amethyst ,
        What a journey , By heck, Thank you x

Comment

It should have happened straight away and you shouldn't have had to go to the press and the ombudsman.... well done for sticking with it !
          #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Hey Amethyst

Its been 10 months of journeying and yes it shouldn't have occurred.

I still stand by - lessons learned,

BE WISE

Do not take your contract phone abroad,. if you need a phone abroad then buy a cheap pay as you go phone (in the country that you are staying) or use the internet . or don't use a phone whilst you are there .

PROTECT YOUR SIM CARD

Mabel

Comment

Great advice there Mabel, my friends daughter went to Ibiza, there was a gang of them, on the same night in a club 3 of their phones were nicked. It is so easy for the thieves when the young ens get merry and dancing.
              I think all parents would like to hear from their kids while they are away, so a cheap phone is a great idea, probably not great for their status lol

Well done, I wont call it a win, well done on getting the right and just solution by not giving in as so many do.
              Enaid x

Comment

Nice one Mabel.

Comment

Hi Enaid
                  I'm not sure how the word "won" appeared.
                  It's been a 10 month journey , Leagle Beagles and Miles Brignall and some information from my Union have given me, focus and fight along the way. It should never have happened ( Vodafone don't appear to have a duty of care to their customers and Telephone Ombudsman, I don't understand their role , it's been a lot of time consuming and wasted hours for everyone involved ( including Ombudsman and VF employee's over the last 10 months )

The Ombudsman appear to have changed their view point as has vodafone.

The Ombudsman stated on 13/01/2015

I write with reference to the recent correspondence you sent us in response to the final decision issued by xxxxxxx on 20 November 2014.

Vodafone confirms it has already implemented the remedies in full, which were as follows:
                  • confirm in writing that there are no remaining charges on your account for usage after 17:55 on 17 May 2014;
                  • send you a letter of apology for the shortfalls in customer service you experienced with the handling of you complaint; and,
                  • send you a copy of your invoice evidencing the £4,954.95 credit for your records.

( which is thanks to Miles Brignall ( Guardian Money and Amethyst for putting me in touch )

While we note you query a remaining balance on your account, Vodafone confirms that it has already implemented the above remedies and explains that the balance £500.00 relates to other unpaid invoices. It confirms that you can find a detailed breakdown of the balance on your online MyAccount.

As you have received our final decision, this brings an end to our involvement in this matter. As you have not yet accepted the final decision, I will allow you a further 14 days from today to do so. If you do not accept the final decision, then you are free to try to resolve the complaint in any other way that suits you better.

28 th January from Ombudsman

YOUR COMPLAINT ABOUT VODAFONE LTD.
                  Thank you for returning written confirmation that you do not accept the Final Decision.
                  As you have not accepted the Final Decision, you lose the right to the stipulated solution set out. However, you are free to follow other routes to try to sort out the problem in a way that suits you better.
                  We shall inform Vodafone Ltd. of your decision.

Following an email to the Complaints Department of Ombudsman services and Chief Exec at Vodafone

customer-relations@Ombudsman-services.org,
                  Jeroen.Hoencamp@vodafone.com

Chief Exec didn't respond The Ombudsman did ...

The Ombudsman - (Complaints Dept of Ombudsman services) stated on 2/03/2015
                  Vodafone reviewed your account and explained that when processing the refund, it applied credits to your account in increments of £500. Following investigation, it confirms the total of all data charges for usage in May 2014 was £5,821.67 (inclusive of VAT). Vodafone confirms that in June 2014, it applied a credit of £366.72 to your account,
                  ( this credit was given at the point Vodafone's number became contactable to stop my SIM )
                  which left remaining charges of
                  £5,454.95, but that due to a processing error, it only applied further credits to your account of £4,954.95.
                  ( this is interesting Vodafone informed Miles Brignall of The Guardian that my bill had been reduced to £500)
                  We can confirm Vodafone has now credited your account with the remaining £500. We apologise for not getting to the bottom of this sooner. Vodafone will now confirm its actions to you in writing.

We queried whether Vodafone has recorded any adverse information on your credit file during your dispute and it advises us it has not.

It is a result and thanks to you all

Mabel xxx
                  Last edited by Mabel; 6th March 2015, 02:02:AM.

Comment

Have you informed Miles yet Mabel?
                    Any opinions I give are my own. Any advice I give is without liability. If you are unsure, please seek qualified legal advice.

IF WE HAVE HELPED YOU PLEASE CONSIDER UPGRADING TO VIP - click here

Comment

• Re: *WON* £5800 mobile phone charges following theft in BCN ** WIPED !!! **

Tools, I have let Miles know of course xx
                      Last edited by Mabel; 6th March 2015, 01:09:AM.

Comment

And so it goes.....

I've received a letter from Vodafone
                        Stating that further to my more recent correspondence with Ombudsman, they have been asked to write to me.
                        They have written to say that they failed to apply credits of £500 to my account

(This was at the time that Miles from The Guardian was writing about the £5,800 bill shock) Vodafone informed Miles that, the £5,800 had been reduced to £500 - A wonderful result by Miles fighting big companies on behalf of folk with phone shock bills) following assault/ theft of phones in Barcelona)

Vodafone state that the failure to apply all credits was an error. That they sincerely apologize and have credited my account with £50 as an apology,

( All the criminal charges have been removed and my account is £50 in credit)

Thank you everyone for the support along the road.

Mabel xx
                        Last edited by Mabel; 12th March 2015, 12:48:PM.

Comment

• Re: £5800 mobile phone charges following theft in BCN If anyone can advise me ; (

It just gets better & better.........£50 in credit, excellent news.
                          Any opinions I give are my own. Any advice I give is without liability. If you are unsure, please seek qualified legal advice.

Comment

http://legalbeagles.info/mobile-netw...e-independent/

http://legalbeagles.info/government-...leases-gov-uk/

Major mobile networks have confirmed plans to introduce protection for consumers from huge bills run-up on stolen mobiles following Government action.

Under the voluntary agreement, five mobile networks – EE, O2, Three, Virgin Media and Vodafone – will protect around 27 million consumers on pay monthly contracts from being hit with shock bills through no fault of their own. They will all offer consumers a liability cap set at £100 when reported within 24 hours of being lost or stolen to the mobile network and police.

Read more at: http://legalbeagles.info/government-...#ixzz3VDJcR6L4
                            http://www.mobilebroadbandgroup.com/press.htm
                            Mobile networks to offer £100 liability cap for consumers when bills run-up on stolen mobiles
                            Major mobile networks have confirmed plans to introduce protection for consumers from huge bills run-up on stolen mobiles following agreement with Government.
                            Under the voluntary agreement, five mobile networks – EE, O2, Three, Virgin Media and Vodafone – will protect around 27 million consumers on pay monthly contracts from being hit with shock bills through no fault of their own. They will all offer consumers a liability cap set at £100 when reported within 24 hours of being lost or stolen to the mobile network and police.
                            #staysafestayhome

Comment

Background.
                              Attached Files
                              #staysafestayhome

Comment

• Re: £5800 mobile phone charges following theft in BCN If anyone can advise me ; (

For Mabel and anyone else involved with this issue

http://legalbeagles.info/europol-sup...group-europol/

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X