• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Re: Talk talk £50 engineer charge

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Talk talk £50 engineer charge

I have just had my recent talk talk bill debited from my account with an extra £50 charge added to it.

I called talk talk and they have explained that this charge is due to the fact that we had an engineer sent out to us as we were having problems with our wifi connections. We have been having problems with talk talk since around February with the connections.

After numerous phone calls and troubleshooting, they advised us that we needed to have an engineer sent out to rectify the problem, BUT THEY DID NOT ADVISE THAT THIS WOULD INCUR A £50 CHARGE!!

The money has now been debited from my account and has put me overdrawn which now means that I will get another charge from my bank account for around £30!!

We are still having problems with our talk talk connection and have lost count how many times we have contacted them to resolve the issue, but it seems to be happening over and over again.

I called talk talk AGAIN with regards to this lump sum being debited from my account and they advised that they have to listen to the telephone conversation they had with me to see if they had in fact informed me of the £50 charge and that it will take up to 48hrs!

Please advise.
    Tags: None

Re: Talk talk £50 engineer charge

I'd check your T&Cs; you must have a hard copy of them lying around somewhere. They may say whether a call-out charge is applicable. If not, then you might have to request info from them if you don't believe their version of events and that would involve a DSAR.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X