• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

E-ON and Effecting my credit rating

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• E-ON and Effecting my credit rating

Hi Everybody -

Have a strange one here that I need help with as I have exhausted all avenues so far.

I lived in a flat with two other guys, and we where with e-on utilities. Now we have apparently £700 outstanding However they have both buggered off and left it on my somehow, well actually they did not, Eon found me first because I was trying for a mortgage so made myself visible on tinterweb so they probsably found me that way. and Now have put the WHOLE debt on me, no I have on a recorded call that I will pay my 1/3rd of this as this IS what i owe, however it is on my credit report that I owe the WHOLE amount, now I am also afraid this will stay on my credit rating for 6 years and nobody will agree to remove it or accept my 1/3 payment. I am desperate as this will be the only thing stopping my mortage application I would imagine! I need help to get this removed completely and an angle where they can accept my offer of payment. I do NOT want to go to small claims court either as this is just way too much for me to handle!

Thank you ever so much
    ~Never has PPI refunds been owed to so many...by so few~
    Tags: None

Re: E-ON and Effecting my credit rating

Bump

Comment

Whose name was on the bill?

Comment

I think there was 3 of us, BUT when one of the guys left without telling the rest of us, he slyly took his name of the bill WHICH i spoke to the company about and they said that was totally fine and legit! Surely Sense prevails though, three of us on the tenancy agreement so if the bill was not paid ever, then it should be split three ways, just because they are dodgey guys now and have not gone on the elect roll etc they where not found and I was because I want to have a life in society! Also for all of their actions they have NO marker against their creit file yet i do for the whole whack, it's ok generic answers but this is effecting my life and probably trying to get a mortgage.

Comment

Originally posted by PocketTheDifference View Post
          I think there was 3 of us, BUT when one of the guys left without telling the rest of us, he slyly took his name of the bill WHICH i spoke to the company about and they said that was totally fine and legit! Surely Sense prevails though, three of us on the tenancy agreement so if the bill was not paid ever, then it should be split three ways, just because they are dodgey guys now and have not gone on the elect roll etc they where not found and I was because I want to have a life in society! Also for all of their actions they have NO marker against their creit file yet i do for the whole whack, it's ok generic answers but this is effecting my life and probably trying to get a mortgage.
          Oh really? What case or statute law are they relying on for that statement? The onus is on E-ON to prove you are liable for the whole debt. Put them to strict proof. If they duck and dive, penny to a pound they are being disingenuous at the very least.
          Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

Well they send me a bill with the amounts. I firstly disagree with the dates they are supplying. But mostly It's the fact they have put the whole ownus on me! I would HAPPILY pay my share and have rid. I have queried it through Equifax, who got a reply from E-ON saying all Information was correct. It's so fustrating I need to clear this as quickly as possible. I WILL write to them, but I know their reply will be as I have stated that I owe it, and that i am liable for the whole thing. They did tell em to pay the whole lot and go to small claims court, Which I have neither the time or money for as I work away days a week so have limited time.
            Thanks for everybodys time on this case.

Comment

Unfortunately everyone on the bill is jointly and severally liable for the whole bill. The utility company just chases whoever is easiest, as you have found out.

I believe it becomes a civil matter between you and your ex flatmates.

Do you have contact details for your ex flat mates (that could be passed on to E-on) so they can chase them.

Legally though you are liable for the full amount, as are your ex flatmates, and E-on won't really care who pays it, and their advice so far is right.

If you can pay it on the condition they remove the data from your credit file, then chase your flat mates (tricky situation I know but they may have grown up a bit and might just take asking) for their share.

On the dates issue - do you have a copy of your tenancy agreement still that can evidence the dates you were actually responsible for the utility bills ?

Also to think about, had they come across one of your ex flat mates first then they would be dealing with the same issue........... £700 is quite a big bill to be outstanding.
              #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Yes it is, Seems like nobody paid this at all, which I am just as much to blame as the rest of them, I did make one payment at the begining of setting this up.
                I don't have a tenancey agreement as I am not sure that shows when we left, But I can find emails from the Tenancey people, which confirms leaving dates. They would back me up on when we left I know that much they where good landlords.

So as above where I stand I am liable and should pay the whole lot and then chase my flatmates? I am actually not willing to do this. There surely should be something in place as to be able to pay off my share and then they should chase somebody else for the remainder. This is completely unfair in terms of human rights, they do a runner and I am left to sort out my credit history and forced in submitting.... Does anybody else think this is wrong and one big scheme, If I ignored them etc etc that would be fair enough, But I have not and I have offered payment of my share, I also think I would be able to find addresses of the people who where at my address.
                I also want this cleared of my report mainly as It wouldn't be a default if we came to some sort of arragement, I wasn't offered ANYTHING i was told pay it all or nothing basically!!!

Comment

They are hardly likely to accept your share of this and remove anything off your credit record for a bill that as AME says is joint and severally liability .

It would then be easy for others to only pay half or a share of a bill that's owed by more than one person.Dont work like that

Comment

But it is definately fair to put all liability on one person. And this is with obvious proof that there where three tennants in this house hold? and Like I stated they just randomly found me first. I just don't agree this to be fair it is a one way street isn't it. Even if I gave them details of the other people living at the flat.

I do see what your saying but from a person that is quite innocent I am willing to sort all of my side out, it isn't me avoiding anything and I am not being unfair....I do feel like they are though.

Comment

Fair does not come into it,if you had a joint mortage and the house was repossessed they would come after each of you even if one was a millionaire and the other skint you have to remember they don't ask for half from each obe.

Your choice seems to be pay it all and take your so called friends to court pay it all yourself or have a bad credit score

Comment

Seriously, as a consumer in this day and age there is no protection at all for people forced into situations such as this. You say about they would come to each you. Well they haven't they have come after me and not bothered trying to find the others, surely it should be their obligation to at LEAST try and find the other two? they are allowed to find the first person and say oh well we found him let's just ask him for all the money BECAUSE no matter what he says he is totally liable and it wont matter about finding the others.

Why does FAIR not come into it? It's Genuine circumstances i don't have £700 to pay this all off.

Comment

Why would they spend time and money looking for the others? they are in business to make money not throw it away as unfair as it is they got you.

I strongly agree with your views on fairness and liability

Comment

WEll surely this should be reviewed by appropriate bodies then. It cannot be fair in any way shape or form to do this to somebody that doesn't earn a great deal, I hate it the fact they do no have to offer to help or to chase the other people liable. How is there now way to challenge this??

Comment

If you get some spare time take a look around the threads on this website and you will see how many debtors are treated you are not alone and the appropriate authorities have don e little to stop the actions of many debt collectors and bailiffs who will stop at nothing to get money.

As I said in a previous post and many will agree you have only a few choices of how to deal with this.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X