• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Permission to put man hole in neighbours garden

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Permission to put man hole in neighbours garden

I live in a maisonette and there ar two flats in the building.

I have a side garden and the other flat has the back garden.

I have built a house in my side garden.

The foul sewer is in the neighbours garden which I am allowed to connect my new built house to.

I have to use a pump to pump the waste fouls to that man hole.

I have now been told that I will have to create another man hole in the neighbours garden to use as a pressure release before the sewage can go into the present man hole.

The neighbour wont give me permission to create another man hole in there garden.

I have a shared freehold with the other flat owner, and together we are both separate leaseholders of our flats.

Do I have any rights here to put a man hole in there garden, it has to be 5 meters away from the existing man hole.

Any advice please
    Tags: None

The terms of this neighbour's lease are likely to be crucial to this question, but my instinct is that the answer to your question is that you do not have this right. You may have to offer money to persuade your neighbour to agree.

Sorry, but this sort of thing should have been considered before the building work started.
    Lawyer (solicitor) - retired from practice, now supervising solicitor in a university law clinic. I do not advise by private message.

Litigants in Person should download and read this: https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/..._in_Person.pdf

Comment

Hi ATTICUS

Unfortunately I left everything to the developer whom took off and left me in the lurch. I have another alternative in which I dig up the connecting pipe that has been laid and change the diameter and put the manhole in my garden, this alternative has just arisen after talks with Thames Water or they say they will allow me to use the smaller diameter pipe which is needed to connect to a pump and pump directly into the man hole but I must be aware that the pressure from the pumped sewage into the existing manhole must not have a detrimental affect on the other sewage pipes contained in the manhole.

Comment

That alternative may be your only option.
        Lawyer (solicitor) - retired from practice, now supervising solicitor in a university law clinic. I do not advise by private message.

Litigants in Person should download and read this: https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/..._in_Person.pdf

Comment

I have been really unfortunate, I chose a developer to build my house after seeing two very nice looking house he had built located no too far from me. I trusted this builder but after nearly paying all the money he took off leaving me with huge losess and also work that was not up to standard. My fault many would say but for those who have had experience with builders will probably agree that it is very difficult to find an honest builder.

I am still picking up the pieces, its difficult and painful, I did try from the beginning to make sure I found the right builder, unfortunately I go the worse of the worse. The system of Limited Companies looks to be a license to rob people, most of these companies have no assetts so there is no chance to get your money back.

Comment

Is there any social media for this developer? Maybe you can contact him that way.

Also have you lodged a complaint with Trading Standards via CAB?

Comment

It seem that these small limited companies dont have any assetts and have a lisence to steal money.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X