• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Going to energy ombudsman, advice needed please

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Going to energy ombudsman, advice needed please

I will try to keep this as brief as possible however it is a bit long and winded. Transferred our dual fuel from Bulb to Octopus in April 2021. Paid all bills as sent right through to April 2022. April 2022 octopus decided to wack on £1400 to my bill as they had failed to correctly bill me for a year.

There was a bit of back and forth trying to figure out the issue, it transpired that during the switch there was a disagreement between Bulb and Octopus regarding my hand over reading. So Octopus then admitted they failed to to notify myself and instead put a hold on my account so I was only been charged for Gas, not electric for a year. May 2022 an octopus customer service agent agreed to clear the debt off as it wasn't our fault.

Fast forward to August 2022 they have charged us again. I called them and now it's basically at deadlock, they don't care and aren't backing down and say I have to pay this bill. Despite the fact they didn't notify me of the issue and despite the fact they had agreed previously to write it off. They did write off around £200 of it as it was over 12 months old and as I understand they can't back bill that far by law.

I have now sent them a SAR request and plan to appeal to the ombudsman. Does anyone know if I'm likely to be successful as if not they are offering me a reduction of £350 if I don't goto the ombudsman, I assume that's their fee. I have a few phone calls recorded with them luckily if that means anything.

If you've read this far thank you, any advice would be helpful
    Tags: None

Back-billing explained | Ofgem

https://www.ofgem.gov.uk › energy-advice-household

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X