• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Billing problems-Shell

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Billing problems-Shell

I would appreciate any help regarding this matter which is causing me sleepless nights. We plan to improve our credit score in order to buy a house but, Shell is adding salt to injury by adding default in addition to one default I had due to losing job during pandemic.

--I joined SE on 21/10/20 fixed tariff, direct debit set up but SE wasn't taking money due system error they later said

--between 21/10/20 to 06/05/21 SE didn't produce invoice

--SE eventually produced estimated bill of £867.07 on 06/05/21, and immediately wanted to take huge amount from direct debit but it bounced back because I didn't enough or overdraft to cover that

--I rang and asked for actual reading before setting up payment plan, they hesitated and instead passed account to their DCA

--I insisted on not dealing with DCA because if they were taking and producing monthly bills as agreed upon joining, amount owning wouldn't a lot.

--I insisted actual meter reading, they arranged to send staff down and he came on 19/07/21 and read meter, however SE claimed that they started gaining communication to my smart meter on 11/07/21

--so on 13/07/21 they produced very high bill of £566.74 (period 11/06/21 to 11/07/21), I SAID NO, I DISPUTE IT AS I'VE NEVER CONSUMED THAT AMOUNT OF ENERGY IN A MONTH, at this point I've paid about £490

--I also disputed their opening reading used for 1st bill which was estimated. I said that be problem of high bill but SE said they had been under estimating bills.

--As we couldn't agree, I escalated this Ombudsman-----I shall upload Ombudsman report here.

--However, before Ombudsman could decide, I received notice from Credit Karma that there is something new on my credit report, I check it was default by SE

--Aside from high bill of £566.74, the other bills seem okay and I was prepared to agree payment plan and clear bill after ombudsman investigation

--SE have refused to remove default, I asked for proof of default notice and agreement they said I breached, SE didn't bother to reply.

--SE said default was placed on the account on 06/10/21 and that default notice was served on 18/08/21. I didn't receive said default notice. I asked which credit ref agency was default placed on, but got no reply. As far as I know and believe DEFAULT was registered when Karma notified me of new entry on my credit report.

As said any help will be highly appreciated. Sorry for the long note. Thanks again

ALL BILLS

17 Jan 22---------------------£156.53

17 Dec 21-----------------------160.26

17 Nov 21------------------------140.74

17 Oct 21--------------------------113.41

17 Sep 21--------------------------92.58

17 Aug 21--------------------------106.63

13 July 21--------------------------566.74

15 Jun 21-------------------------- 78.08

13 May 21--------------------------109.00

06 May 21----------------------------867.01
    Tags: None

Still on this. Despite most of the bills estimated and opening reading used seems incorrect, to limit damage and avoid troubles as I'm feeling unwell and on medication, I accepted Ombudsman decision. Following the latter SE said they'll call me for setting up of payment plan but for over 2 weeks they've not. I don't know what SE is playing at but, they're quick to update and damage my credit file.

Comment

Afraid you are not alone. Left Utility Point paying bills over £100. next, EDF one mth later £200, Government allowance £140. (All approx) then bill £540, disputed, amended in April, just paid another £450 this is all since Utility Point went bust (Or did they, or forced out)

Comment

How is this related to the other thread?

Comment

Just shows how we are being made to pay anything or as much as they can get.

Comment

Originally posted by DE DOGS View Post
            Just shows how we are being made to pay anything or as much as they can get.
            The problem is lack of regulation, energy sector is the 'wild, wild, west', government's failure on many fronts.

Comment

Originally posted by Ndurennai View Post
              Still on this. Despite most of the bills estimated and opening reading used seems incorrect, to limit damage and avoid troubles as I'm feeling unwell and on medication, I accepted Ombudsman decision. Following the latter SE said they'll call me for setting up of payment plan but for over 2 weeks they've not. I don't know what SE is playing at but, they're quick to update and damage my credit file.
              Send them a SAR request, they will provide all the data on the account over a 6 year period, then you can see what is what. They have 30 days to provide all the information. Keep Proof of Postage.

https://legalbeagles.info/library/gu...ccess-request/

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X