• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

United Utilities Billing problems

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• United Utilities Billing problems

Hello everyone

I'd appreciate any help regarding attached united utilities high bill, I don't understand water billing system (separate fresh water charges plus waste water charges and rainwater removal charges; seem a lot ) I dispute it and I don't believe I used that much water, United Utilities think I could have a leak. Secondly they have refused to accept offered £60 per month because of arrears instead they insisted I speak to DCA. They have also registered defaults on my credit file which they kept updating.

I take responsibility for failing behind on bill payment, lost income at thick of pandemic and self employed

Please could someone help me with contact details or email of United Utilities CEO, and any handy template to use? Thank you.
    Attached Files
    Tags: None

That is ridiculous, what you need to do is canvass neighbors on your street, to see what their usage / billing is. Then you can use that information to make your case. It is pointless them saying, there might be a leak, they need to find it.

Write a Formal Letter of Complaint, mark it as such. Explain what's happened (high water bill regardless of low usage), why it's clearly wrong (evidence from neighbors) and what you want them to do.

Email it to:

Steve Mogford
    Chief Executive
    United Utilities

steve.mogford@uuplc.co.uk

https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/co...water-company/

Comment

Originally posted by echat11 View Post
      That is ridiculous, what you need to do is canvass neighbors on your street, to see what their usage / billing is. Then you can use that information to make your case. It is pointless them saying, there might be a leak, they need to find it.

Write a Formal Letter of Complaint, mark it as such. Explain what's happened (high water bill regardless of low usage), why it's clearly wrong (evidence from neighbors) and what you want them to do.

Email it to:

Steve Mogford
      Chief Executive
      United Utilities

This's helpful, many thanks

Comment

Email it to:

Steve Mogford
        Chief Executive
        United Utilities

Thanks ECHAT11

This matter is being sorted via United Utilities trust fund. Direct debit in place, the only regret is defaults on my credit file

Comment

Well done on getting a resolution.

If the Defaults aren't your fault, ask them to remove them, they shouldn't be on your Credit File.

Comment

Originally posted by Ndurennai View Post

Thanks ECHAT11

This matter is being sorted via United Utilities trust fund. Direct debit in place, the only regret is defaults on my credit file

Loss of job due to pandemic and being on benefits aren't valid reason for removing default, they said.

Aside that please do you have address for e.on I need to do SAR to them? Or point me to where I can get it. Thanks

Comment

Loss of job due to pandemic and being on benefits aren't valid reason for removing default, they said.

Aside that please do you have address for e.on I need to do SAR to them? Or point me to where I can get it. Thanks
              https://www.gov.uk/government/news/a...of-coronavirus

https://www.ofwat.gov.uk/regulated-c...irus-covid-19/

I sent Eon a SAR a couple of days ago to CustomerRightTeam@eonenergy.com

They responded a couple of days later.

Comment

Those links are really helpful, I will use it to persuade them for removal of default and see how it goes. Many thanks ECHAT11

Comment

I'm happy that issues I've with United Utilities is kind of sorted because I now get help with her TRUSTFUND however, what they are entering on my Credit File affects my score. Guys, please anyone know if there is something I can do about it?

Comment

I'm happy that issues I've with United Utilities is kind of sorted because I now get help with her TRUSTFUND however, what they are entering on my Credit File affects my score. Guys, please anyone know if there is something I can do about it?
                    Have you asked them to remove them? What did they say?

Comment

Have you asked them to remove them? What did they say?
                      Yes, they said no that is same for everyone who's being assisted by her trust fund matching scheme. I pay £56 per month, they said meter reading I used £110/month.

Could anyone here who is on same UU Trust Fund please confirm if it is same entry on credit record?

Comment

UU created 2 accounts on my credit file, one for arrears where they report D,D, D..default every month and the other where they report A, A, A....arrangement every month; please is this correct? Please anyone more experience and knowledgeable about this let me know. Thank you

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                        Working...
                        X