• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

(Non) default of a gas bill

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• (Non) default of a gas bill

I have received a default notification from my utility company for non payment of gas but they have never sent me a bill. I have twice asked them to send me a bill and they have still not send me a bill. The letter says that are preparing debt recovery against me. Can they do that with out ever sending a bill notifying me of the gas consumed, the meter readings and a formal bill? Do they have to get a court order first?
    Tags: None

TREVOR51

a) Who is your gas supplier? They don't need a court order to Default you, you need to have missed 3 or more payments, Clearly they should have given you the opportunity to rectify the opportunity, which you say you haven't been given. How did you request the bill's from them?

To take you to court they have to send a Letter Before Action letter, so they have to follow CPR protocols.

Here's some info on Defaults - https://www.stepchange.org/debt-info...-payments.aspx

b) I would write a Formal Letter of Complaint, email it to the gas supplier, explain that you requested bills, they never sent any bills, so you've not made payments, so they can't Default you because they are at fault. Explain that you will raise a complaint with the Services Ombudsman.

https://www.ombudsman-services.org/

c) Send them a SAR, they have 30 days to provide all the data on the account, you can prove you contacted them and asked for bills, that might help to remove the Default.

https://legalbeagles.info/library/gu...ccess-request/

Comment

The supplier is SSE. I received the electricity bill and a was waiting to see the gas bill. I received a reminder to pay the electricity bill and gas. I called them and said that I had not recieved the gas bill. They checked an said that their records show that I receive paper electricity bill and electronic gas bills. I have never agreed to this. I require paper bills for id purposes for my wife when she renews fer settlement visa. The Government only accepts original paper utility bills and bank statements.
      They said that they would send the gas bill. I paid the electricity bill. Two weeks later I received the default letter. I again called them and told them that I still hadn't received the gas bill. Another week has gone by and I still haven't received a bill.
      I lodged a telephone complaint at the time.

Comment

You might have a online energy account for gas that you've never registered or logged into. Tell them you've always had paper billing.

Write a Formal Letter of Complaint, amend the template below with your complaint details, stick to the points, number them 1, 2, 3 etc (they won't be interested ID purposes etc, so don't mention that).

Email it to:

Alister Phillips-Davies
        CEO
        SSE PLC
        Alistair.Phillips-Davies@sse.com

https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/co...ergy-supplier/

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X