• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

TV licensing

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TV licensing

Hi all,

So I cancelled my TV license around 2 years ago, i've never been a TV watcher, and only ever used it for gaming and movies (Subscription services Netflix+Disney).

I heard nothing for a long time, but am recently starting to receive mail and emails, with the most recent being a 'We have authorised a visit'.

I'm currently shielding due to health/medical status of my young daughter, and have previously informed a debt collector (debt not in my name) of the vulnerable status of the household etc.,..

I've heard horror stories of TV licensing agents 'visiting' and under the guise of checking smart TV's and devices finding avenues of live TV and incurring heavy fines.

I won't be allowing anyone in my house currently, and want to stop any attempted visit at source due to the health of my daughter, so how best should I play this?

Thanks for any advice
    Tags: None

If you write requesting they respect the fact you are shielding, they will assume you are trying to avoid paying the fee and are more likely to turn up (perhaps with a warrant}.

I would assume the letter is yet another one in the chain they send out, and wouldn't respond to it.
    If they should then turn up, shout at them through the letterbox that you are shielding and they cannot enter.
    They can only enter your home without your permission if authorised to do so under a search warrant granted by a magistrate

Comment

No warrant would be granted for a TV licence inspection by us Magistrates - well I have not seen on in over 10 years anyway!. DES8 is absolutely correct - you have the right not to allow entry.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X