• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Scottish Power incorrect negative credit score

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scottish Power incorrect negative credit score

Hi all,

I bought a flat in 2006 that has been rented out since then. Following an unsuccessful mortgage application I checked my credit report on Experian and there's a negative report by Scottish Power of an unpaid bill totalling £2,300 for the period December 2017 to October 2020. I've informed them that the flat was rented during this period and they've asked for proof of tenancy agreement. Now it's no problem for me to supply this however I have serious concerns about how they've laid this against me, where they've got my details from and the urgency with which I need them to update and remove their entry on my credit reports. I've never had any contract with Scottish Power and I presume they've conducted unauthorised(?) searches of land registry and/or landlord register to get me details.

I've initially contacted them via email to which they've replied asking for tenancy agreement and suggesting I contact them in future via live chat.

How would members suggest I move forward to address this matter?

Thanks,
    XJR
    Tags: None

Supply a copy of the tenancy agreement. Anyone can search the land registry by the way to establish ownership of a property, whether it's mortgaged and to whom. I have on a number of occasions.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X