• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Gas Meter.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gas Meter.

Briefly read about a couple of related issues but here goes. I moved into my flat in October 2017 and was informed my gas and electric supply was with British Gas. After some hassle with them i tried to switch supplier, got the electric sorted out after six months. Two years and one week on i still have not been billed for any gas as there has been problem after problem with serial numbers. MPRN numbers and erroneous transfers. I have had my local council. my local MP, British Gas, the ombudsman, national grid, gtc-uk and citizens advice bureau all involved and still i am at a dead end. After almost two years British Gas finally sent someone out to read my meter (they have all the correct information which i have supplied them with) and still they read the wrong meter. On 01/11/2018 the ombudsman issued British Gas with a resolution plan to initiate within 30 days. Still i am waiting for a resolution. No one seems to be bothered about getting anything sorted.
    Tags: None

Good ol' British Gas, I feel for you.

I am in a similar situation and currently ongoing legal proceedings with British Gas which in my case they denied that they were the supplier of the property despite there being a heap of evidence showing they are.

I assume you have contacted the Ombudsman to find out whether British Gas have actually started to implement the resolution plan? ​ and if so, what has been their response? Have you sought compensation as a result of the fiasco and has the Ombudsman awarded anything for the distress and inconvenice?

It may be the case that the only way of resolving this is to issue legal proceedings, though given the way they have been acting with me, very much doubt you'll hear anything until the last minute.

You might want to consider whether it is worth pursuing and simply not taking it any further because you might be able to get away with it under the back-billing principle, meaning that the energy supplier cannot charge you any further than 12 months prior to the error being detected and any correct bill being issued.

Given the length of time on this, I presume you have written evidence of your attempts to get British Gas to do their thing since the Ombudsman made their deicsion to implement a resolution plan? Clearly the error falls within British Gas' remit since they've done bugger all about it.
    If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    LEGAL DISCLAIMER
    Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

Thank you for your response. British Gas have been terrible throughout this whole process, i have copies of everything that has happened thus far. All i keep getting from British Gas is we are in the process of registering your meter with the correct serial number and will issue you with an accurate bill accordingly. This is what i have been getting for last 12 months and i always forward a copy to the ombudsman but they don't seem to be bothered by it at all. I think you may be correct in saying legal proceedings may be the only way to actually get it sorted out for good

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X