• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum. Please register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
  • LegalBeagles® is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Electricity debt

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Electricity debt

    My daughter has an electricity debt which goes back four years now. She originally thought an online account had been set up but they say they've been sending bills etc but no money had been taken at all during this time (she has chased them previously but they never get anything arranged. Until recently no threatening letters or anything until now.
    It totals nearly £5000 now, she is a one parent family on benefits with the father being chased for non payment by CSA the last 5 years (he pleads poverty).
    My question is, as her dad is if I set up a direct debit to cover the electricity usage at the moment, maybe £70 per month then she pays me weekly are there any difficulties in having the dd in my name for that account?
    At the moment we have sent a subject access request to them. What can we prepare in our defence that might improve her chances of backbilling applying?
    Your thoughts are appreciated.
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.




Utilities - Gas, Electricity, Water suppliers
See more
See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm