• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

SKY TV

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SKY TV

We changed our package with SKY TV owing to the cost rising we know that Sky were offering a cheaper package for new customers. TV Channels. Broadband. and Phone Calls. I called Sky to be told we can put you on a better rate, here is the catch (SCAM). You are not told clearly that the phone calls are all day included. We have just received notice that our house phone has been suspended and service has ceased, I contacted my Brother who informed me that Sky had done the same to him, we now have to pay Sky over £200 and even though we pay that the line is still suspended, on speaking to Sky this morning the operator stated she would listen to the call I made, to be told "I have listened to the call " "you were advised by the man that there was no all day phone included".That's a lie blatant as I spoke to a Lady operator, talking to my Brother he had exactly the same reply's, and had to pay as you are under contract and cannot cancel. You are only informed after the 30 days cooling off period.
    Tags: None

Hello

You and your brother might want to send Sky a subject access request immediately and request specifically, both calls that prove you were told X and the person tellig you they have listened to the call - it is fraudulent if Sky have done that and I suspect if the matter came to court, they would cave in very quickly.

You'll need to give them the date and approximate time you called them to discuss it, which should be easy from a mobile or landline as you'll be able to use your itemised bill as evidence. I have known in the past that when you make a SAR Sky tend to ask you the reason why you are making it and if it relates to a dispute or a legal claim, they rather resolve it there and then than comply with the SAR - not sure that practice is still in place though.
    If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    LEGAL DISCLAIMER
    Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

Thanks Rob.We are on that today. Big thanks again.

Comment

Keep us updated if possible, interested to know the outcome.
        If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
        - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
        LEGAL DISCLAIMER
        Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

Rob. Sorry for delay in response, both me and brother have family problems, me with wife Dementia, and ongoing cancer checks, hopefully we will know the outcome soon, brother has his daughter having Hospital waiting list for operation, she lives quite a distance, so he has to visit as much as possible, but as things are now beginning to clear, we will SAR them and write there reply.

Comment

Up_Date Rob I foolishly never photocopied the SAR request, so as of today no reply,and again not sent signed for on delivery. This is the latest saga in September SKY took from our Bank A/C £154 D/D. I as you know phoned them and requested answers, to be told we will look into this, they did, as checking our Bank statement, they were again paid in October £123 D/D. and the latest again they are proposing to take is £156 D/D these are all for phone charges, I have phoned SKY many times trying to sort this, to eventually be told the charges stand, I advise them that I wish to cancel all dealings and cancel our A/C, reply sorry but you have an 18 mth contract. (Good news is Mumsie is clear).

Comment

Hello Archie,

Contacting the relevant data protection department within Sky can be done by post or email which is shown on their privacy policy (link here). Their email address is dp.department@sky.uk

I'm not sure what problem is regarding the payments taken by Sky, are you saying you or anyone in your household didn't make those calls and can you prove this e.g. you were out of the house at the time calls were made and no one was in the house. If you are making daytime calls, would it not be best to use other methods where you might have inclusive phone calls such as a mobile phone contract, or simply upgrade to daytime calls to save the money and then continue dealing with the dispute?
              LEGAL DISCLAIMER

Comment

Rob Phone calls were made, we had the A/C in Mumsie's name from memory £68 a month, then they advertised on TV for newcomers and existing customers at a reduced price of £45-50 a month, what was not made clear at any time was the phone and broadband was not included. When I transferred I made it clear that i was just transferring a like for like package.I was not aware as we receive Bank statements every six mnts. I was not the only one to fall for this as three family members also received these charges, and were only aware after the 31 day right to reject was up, two requested amended contracts, as soon as they received the amendment they both cancelled there agreement and transferred to another supplier

Comment

I think the call is crucial to your complaint then and you should chase up the SAR request as soon as you can because those calls won't be held forever. If I recall, Sky only hold the calls for 6/12 months before deletion.

Like many other businesses, Sky advisors have a protocol for summarising the package prior to placing the order and if they didn't follow that process on the call then that is something you can use against them but it's really a simple question of whether what you asked for is what you got. If it wasn't, Sky are in the wrong and you would be entitled to the return of the monies paid to Sky for those daytime calls. I used to work for Sky back in my younger years and I can also understand from the advisor's point of view when someone says I want a like for like package which might not be clear though again, it's all about context and what was said on the call. You should have also received welcome letters from Sky confirming what was ordered and/or an email too if you provided an email address at the time so you should be conscious that this is what Sky might say if you try to dispute this.

Anyway, that aside if you choose to cancel your direct debit then Sky will probably deem you are breaching your contract and seek repayment of the remainder of the contract. Of course you can do this but you need to be absolutely certain you are in the right so I would suggest you hold back until you have listened to that call and in the meantime, mitigate losses by not using the phone if there are cheaper options available.

Ultimately you need to keep on top of this otherwise your right to redress will fall away along with any evidence you might need.
                  LEGAL DISCLAIMER

Comment

Thanks Rod. I have confirmation that all phone calls and tv are now included. SAR is on its way, obviously I will up date, i have many other problems to sort out,but working my way through them. Brilliant site, otherwise how would we learn the tricks these people get up to.

Comment

customerdatarequestteam@sky.uk <customerdatarequestteam@sky.uk>
                      To:

15 Nov at 11:40

Dear We have received your recent request for a copy of the information Sky holds about you (Subject Access Request). To ensure we provide the right information to the right person, could you please reply to this email to confirm the following: Your Details ·Your preferred contact email address. ·Your contact mobile number; ·Your postcode (in case of multiple accounts) In the instance you are the Sky account holder and would like calls/data made by a third party on the account, please let us know in your email reply. We will require proof of identification for them and their written confirmation authorising you to receive this information. We will be in touch regarding this following your email reply. If you’re a non-Sky account holder we will require identification from yourself and the Sky account holder alongside written authorisation. Specifics of Request To help us provide the correct information to you please advise which categories of information you require from the list below: ·Billing information ·Service History ·Call recording information (calls are held for up to 12 months and not all calls are recorded) Please note that you can access the past 24 months’ billing information and other general account information online via MySky, Cancelled Sky accounts you can view your online bill www.sky.com/myaccount/bill
                      Once we receive the above from you, we will review our records and aim to provide your requested information we hold within 28 days. The information will be delivered to you via a secure folder on Dropbox using your preferred contact email address provided in response to this email. You will not need a Dropbox account to access your information and instructions on how to access the information will be provided by email when it is ready. Please note that the timeframe for responding to your request will not begin until we receive the requested information from you. If we do not hear from you within 14 days from the date of this email, we will assume you no longer wish to pursue your request for information and will close your request. Please get back in touch if you require further assistance. Kind regards, Customer Data Request Team Sky UK Limited

Comment

Rod they have my phone numbers both home and mobile, also my mail address, how else would i get this message ?. i specifically requested the DVD recording of the purchase package. I will obviously respond, once i hopefully receive your advice.

My reply
                        I am requesting a copy of the original transcript changing service from my wife's A/C Namely ++++++++

to my name +++++++++, This I require by DVD to clarify this problem, I also require all conversations

I made to SKY, I was informed that a family member had phoned SKY in September, I have phoned all

members of the family who may have access, not one has phoned regarding this A/C problem.

I also request all transcripts from both myself and reply's from SKY operators.
                        Last edited by Archie.2; 16th November 2019, 09:51:AM.

Comment

I have to say your response is a bit confusing. I think you need to be specific if you are looking for a particular copy of the phone call recording that supports the claims you are making.

You might want to clarify your request and be more specific. If you check the link below there is a template I made in section 3 which is titled Subject Access Request. Check out the long form version and you should see some examples of the categories of information you are looking for.

At the very least you want a copy of your account history, notes and any stored call recordings, specifically on X dates.

https://legalbeagles.info/forums/for...t-of-templates

LEGAL DISCLAIMER

Comment

Rod the saga continues. After sending in a copy of my Passport to prove my existence, the reply I received was to state "this was or is a joint A/C we need proof of the joint A/C I sent Mumsie'sÂ* Passport copy, although she has nothing to do with this now, attached to this I again requested a list of all phone calls, the original transcript and all conversations, cost of all phone calls, I received a reply now asking for my personal proof my driving licence payslip (I'm over 80) bank statement, and utility invoice. In between I also received an e mail stating the case was closed, I am going to send a copy of my Medical card. If this is rejected I propose to forward all mail and reply's to the Financial Ombudsman as I feel each and every turn is a stalling tactic.PS they have yesterday taken by D/D another £155Â*

Comment

I'm surprised the account is in a joint name because back in my days, it was prohibited to have joint accounts and they had to be in one name only. If a person knew the password on the account they could be seen as authorised to handle matters but joint accounts usually caused trouble.*

They should only be asking for proof of ID where there is reasonable doubts about your identity but it should be proportionate. Normally a passport or driving licence plus an additional letter to confirm your address is sufficient so if they are asking you for further documentation then either they are frustrating your request in which case you can make a complaint to the ICO about their handling of the matter or they genuinely have doubts about who you are, but then it is up to them to justify that.*

You could also write to the CEO of Sky (jeremy.darroch@bskyb.com) and that usually gets handled by the executive office who are normally quick to respond and address matters but that's only my experience.

Financial Ombudsman has nothing to do with this, it is the ICO you need to deal with regarding your request for data. I suggest in your next correspondence you tell them that they are being obstructive and you are considering your options including legal action as well as making a complaint to the ICO about their delays in complying with your request. No guarantee it will work, but at least you've put them on notice of your intentions, even if you ultimately don't go down the legal route.*
                              LEGAL DISCLAIMER

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X