• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Npower help please

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Npower help please

I moved to this house in 2006.

When I moved in both gas and electric meters were damaged and unreadable.
    The house had been empty for app 6 months and the council were using it to store stuff for the workers.

I kept receiving bills and disputing the amount.
    It was ridiculously high for the time accrued.

Eventually it went to bailiffs who once shown the meters referred it back to Npower.
    I had a ferocious amount going on and when they went for prepayment meters I was kind of relieved.

Npower promised they would look into it further once the meters were installed
    They have refused to look at it ever since.

The elcetric meter which was just as badly damaged damaged has been long sorted and paid off.

I have sent letters asking how they got the figure I allegedly owe?
    I have paid well over two thousand pounds already on the meter on these arrears. There’s still another £700 to pay.

I have begged them to look into this and each and everytime they reply with it’s to long ago.
    We don’t know and we can’t help you.

I have requested sar. They have ignored me completely.
    Every single letter says the same thing. They cannot help me due to the limitations act. They have absolutely no idea how much I owe them, how they calculated it, when the meters were installed, how much I have actually paid them and apparently that’s fine because of this act.
    How can this be? Surely they must have some records if they claim people owe them money. I have googled the limitations act but I can’t figure out how they are using it in this instance. Although it is possible I just don’t understand it.

My annual gas usage now is £8-900 according to npower and yet I will have paid nearly three thousand pounds for a years gas from 12 years ago.
    Please can anyone help me get out of this loop?
    Currently using £50 a week in this cold and it’s crippling us. I just don’t know what else to do. Thank you.

Tags: None

Tagging slainte caragh

Comment

Thanks for tagging me des8

Firstly, this is disgusting and unacceptable.

If you can supply me with the following information I CAN and WILL help you. Don't worry. Leave the math to me.

I need the answers to a few questions.

1: How many people are in the house?
      2: The first reading on your new meter. (either a yellow sticker on the meter or Npower can tell you, they have to by law)
      3: An up to date meter reading.
      Obviously I need these for both please.
      Ask Npower for your unit rate, standing charge and your calorific value. I know this probably means nothing right now, but trust me.. I'm not going nuts! They will shake in their boots if you use this language!
      Ask them what tariff you are on, if they say Variable, ask them if there were any cheaper available and why you were not offered them. Reminding them that it is a legal requirement is always a good starting point if they get snotty!

If they start humming and ha-ing then ask them for a deadlock letter and go straight to the Ombudsman too, never hurts to threaten them especially when they know they have messed up!

When I have the info I can work out your consumption, your average spend and what I think you have used before the meters went in!

Tell them you will work out a proposed read and are happy to provide the info via email if needed.

In the meantime, keep warm for heaven's sake and leave the worrying to me!

Callie <3

PLEASE NOTE: I work irregular hours including nights and sleep in shifts. If I have not responded in 48 hours, please ask an admin to Messenger me!

"If you ever feel alone, remember, I am just the other side of the rainbow, or just south of the North Star. Whichever is closer." - A.J Murphy. 17/3/1974 - 16/03/1997 (RIP babe <3)

Comment

Thank you Slainte Caragh for your reply. I will do my best to answer but this is going back 12 years.
        When we moved in there was 2 adults and 3 children age 5, 7 and 8.
        I don’t know the first reading of the meter and npower say they have no records of it as they don’t legally have to keep records going back further than 6 years.
        The rest of the information I will get for you later. Meters are outside the house.
        I have repeatedly asked for deadlock. They ignore me. I have so many letters and word for word they all say the same. They cannot help me as they have no records. But surely they have to keep records if they are charging you for a debt. I have no choice paying it as it’s prepayment.
        I have wrote a letter today to Ico as they have refused SAR. Just need to print copies of everything to go with that letter.
        Thanks again.

Comment

OK, you will be amazed how much that helps me.

contact the Ombudsman immediately, you only have to wait 8 weeks to do this (from your complaint start) regardless of what nPower say!

I will draft you off a letter, if you fill in the blanks for me

CCing in the CEO (I will find the email address) never hurts either

I have also worked out that I am an idiot!!

If this was a brand new meter, the chances are the inital read was 0. Can you take a meter reading for me please and I can work out your usage. If you have an old bill, I can work out the rest, are the kids still at home or have they flown the nest? is seems an odd question but I need to factor in the usage so it may have changed if someone moved out!

Might take me a couple of hours, but trust me I will sort something out. Was the original meter a prepay or credit meter.. and if so can you find an old bill with an estimate/supposed meter reading for me to compare to.

cheers

Callie
          PLEASE NOTE: I work irregular hours including nights and sleep in shifts. If I have not responded in 48 hours, please ask an admin to Messenger me!

"If you ever feel alone, remember, I am just the other side of the rainbow, or just south of the North Star. Whichever is closer." - A.J Murphy. 17/3/1974 - 16/03/1997 (RIP babe <3)

Comment

Hi I’m sorry I didn’t reply last night. My son was in a car accident. He’s ok but his car is currently upside down in a tree. Miracles do happen. Will get on it today for you once I’ve sorted all this out.

Comment

Blimey, thank goodness he's okay... I think that's a bit more important than the leccy bill so I'm sure slainte caragh will let you off the tardiness
              #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Forget everything else but your son.

Npower can and will wait.

Give him everyone here's love and get him 100%

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
                  Blimey, thank goodness he's okay... I think that's a bit more important than the leccy bill so I'm sure slainte caragh will let you off the tardiness
                  You know me Amethyst, family first every time!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                  Working...
                  X