• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Delayed response form for the simple procedure

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Delayed response form for the simple procedure

I submitted a claim against a well known uk chemist using a local Glasgow branch for the address on 9/7/23. The court accepted the claim
    last week l heard from the court “A response has not been lodged as the warrant is now passed the last date of response.
    Please follow the civil portal and lodge a form 7a Application for decision”
    I did this and today heard from the court “ Service has not been actioned.
    We hereby reject your application for decision as Royal Mail tracking Is showing that the documents have not been served on the Respondent.
    As it is now beyond the last date for service, you may wish to apply to change the Timetable to allow the Sheriff Clerk to make a second attempt at serving the claim form.
    in order to request a change of time table you must submit an Additional Orders Application”

My question is if the form was not served on the chemist 2 months ago why has the court not informed me earlier?
    Tags: None

Because its your case and this is your responsibility

Comment

Originally posted by ScottishSolicitor View Post
      Because its your case and this is your responsibility
      but on the claim form I asked the court to serve the papers and in August I got the following reply from the court ,

We can confirm your claim was accepted and registered with claim number GLW-.

This has been served upon the respondent but no response has yet been received.

A letter with details of the case is viewable on your case file. We have also sent a copy of same to the email address provided on your claim today for clarity.

Kind regards

Administration Officer

Glasgow Sheriff Court

Comment

If that's the case, go back to the Court with that information and request a copy of the evidence of service. If they can't provide it, ask them to effect service again.

This sounds like the respondent is going to try and claim they never received it in order to give themselves more time.

Alternatively, you probably could also request a Sheriff Officer effects service as well but you'll need to deal with the timetable issue first.
        ----- DISCLAIMER -----

I am a former trainee Sheriff Officer who became disillusioned with the Scottish legal system so left the industry. I will offer insights from my first-hand experience, but *I am not a legal professional and you should always seek independent legal advice before acting on anything I say*.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X