• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Nolans Solicitors Taking Me to Court

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nolans Solicitors Taking Me to Court

I have been paying a credit card debt via cabot financial and then it went to Nolans Solicitors and have been paying them every month even though only a few pounds.They sent me 2 expenditure forms last month to complete but I had covid and was very unwell with it so didn't get to complete them but as soon as I could I did and was still making payments every month.
    Out of the blue I have recieve a pack in the post of court documents saying they are taking me to court. The writ says I defaulted and I haven't paid anything since 2018.But I have been paying via cabot and then nolans?
    I am disabled and recieve benefits. I shouldn't of had the credit card card in first place as it became too much but I am trying to pay small amounts and not excuse it and now this has happened. I'm dealing with long covid at the same time as other health issues.
    can anyone help me and advise me do I complete the forms and ask for a time order and pay what I can or is there anything else I can do.I only have a couple of weeks before it goes to court.

Many thanks
    Tags: None

Do you have a record of these payments?

TBH, it sounds like they're not happy with what your paying them and are chancing their arm with a court case. You MUST contact Citizens Advice Bureau right away. Nolans are a very vindictive and determined organisation.

I see this was on the 18th; how did this pan out?

Comment

I can assist with this....have you replied to the court yet?

Comment

I wasn't well as suffering from long covid and I sent back the forms with a time to pay application. I recieved nothing back until today from Nolans stating that they have told their Client not to accept the offer. It says if a reasonable alternative instalment offer is made gbeg would be happy to take our clients instructions.
        The debt is for £6411.32
        I shouldn't have taken it out in first place as not working and on benefits. It says the debt was incurred on 16/12/2014 and the defender has contacted the pursuer on numerous occasions by letter before requiring to raise court proceedings.

It also states I have made no payments towards the debt when I have. It also states that I made no offers to make payment which where accepted or adhered to. The Pusurers are therefore desirous of the security of a decree.

This isn't true. I was paying Nolans monthly. Yes it was only £2 but they had accepted this and I do have the proof of the payments made. They then sent a letter while I had covid asking me to provide breakdown of outgoings etc which I had done several times before but because I had covid so bad I hadn't even opened the letter let alone been able to fill it out.

I then recieved a letter telling me they were taking me to court. As I said up until then I had been paying them.

Im unsure what to do next. I have proof I paid them instalemebts and I didn not ignore them as stated so how can they get away with lying?

I'm disabled and not well at all. The stress from this is making me even worse. I don't have money to pay my main bills and heating/food nevermind alot of debt and I was offering them something to pay them back. What do I do now? Do I offer them more even though I can't afford it or do I do something else?
        I dont have money to have a solicitor. Please help.

Comment

I can assist with this. I will send you a private message

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X