• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Broken Laptop Screen

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broken Laptop Screen

Does anyone know if laptop screens can be repaired or replaced? I'm absolutely fuming right now cos my kids have been messing about, the youngest has pushed the eldest, who fell on the youngest's laptop, crushing the screen - all that can be seen is white and black [like cracked sections] all over the screen.

If it can be sorted, is it an expensive job?

Thanks in advance.

PJ xXx

Re: Broken Laptop Screen

Yep, I had mine done a few months ago. I paid about £95 for 14.5"screen fitted.

Comment

Post up the make/model etc.

Last one I bought from ebay, about the same price as Smashers and fitted myself
      Any opinions I give are my own. Any advice I give is without liability. If you are unsure, please seek qualified legal advice.

IF WE HAVE HELPED YOU PLEASE CONSIDER UPGRADING TO VIP - click here

Comment

It's a Fujitsu-seimen, 15.4" screen. I've just looked and found a website where I can get the replacement screen for £75. My dad could fit it for me.

Although, I've just realised that it's probably covered under my contents insurance policy with the accidental damage. The excess on there is only £50 [which the youngest WILL be paying out of his own savings - gotta learn a lesson].

Comment

To insure against future mishaps you might consider dedicated extended warranty insurance (Google it - some fairly cheap deals & they often cover accidental damage as well as breakdown)
          Not that there's likely to be a repeat - it's amazing the effect 6 months in the pokey can have (hard labour, bread & water, etc) lol
          CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
          Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
          gets his brain a-going.
          Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
          The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Interesting read:-

http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/bargain..._page_id=53954
            CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
            Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
            gets his brain a-going.
            Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
            The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Originally posted by charitynjw View Post
              To insure against future mishaps you might consider dedicated extended warranty insurance (Google it - some fairly cheap deals & they often cover accidental damage as well as breakdown)
              Not that there's likely to be a repeat - it's amazing the effect 6 months in the pokey can have (hard labour, bread & water, etc) lol

Thanks for that Charity. I've always found extended warranty to be a waste of money in most cases, compared to the cost of them [although in this instance it may have been advantageous! lol]. I'm going to phone my household insurance provider when I get home from work, as I'm fairly certain that it will be covered under that - I took out accidental damage cover for such instances of clumsy children! lol

Comment

Panic over - my household insurance covers the damage. I just need to take it to the computer shop to get a report on whether it's repairable or needs replacing [woman at insurance company says they'll probably just replace it]. It'll just cost me [or rather, my son] the £50 excess, and hopefully lesson learnt - he really wanted his money for scuba-diving lessons [tough!! lol]

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                Working...
                X