• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

How do you get rid of "Date taken" on JPG photos?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you get rid of "Date taken" on JPG photos?

How do you get rid of "Date taken" on JPG photos?
    I've got some photos where we set the camera to put the date on the photo.

When viewing them as Thumbnails in Window & Fax Viewer the date don't show-but double clicking for a larger view-it appears--(Grrrr)--& also in PSP & Photoshop. (which makes printed copies Naff!

Is there some hidden property which records JPG "Date Taken" as a separate item within the file which can then be selected within Windows (or other Editing programs) to not display it in the photo image??

Re: How do you get rid of "Date taken" on JPG photos?

The only way you can do it now is to edit the image in Photoshop or something similar, or crop the image, if it means you would not lose too much of the picture by doing so.

The reason the thumbnail images do not display the date is because many digital cameras embed a small preview image or thumbnail of the picture in the header of each JPEG file. This and other data is refered to as metadata and stored in the header file of each JPEG image.

Google for EXIF data tags and how to remove them, although there is little you can do about the dates now displayed aside from editing them out.

Comment

My OH says read this....

How to Remove Date Stamp - Photography QnA at BetterPhoto.com
      Dragging myself and my family back into the light with the help of Beagles.

My Hardship Claim
      Me VS Abbey Win
      BIL HSBC Credit Card
      BIL EGG
      BIL HSBC Loan
      BIL PPI Win

Comment

Thanks for explanation Cetelco.

And thanks for reference Mochamoo--I'm getting hooked on Photo forums now-LOL

Anyone reccommend a good PSP forum for starting off learning PSP?

Comment

how do i go about getting rid of my credit card loan? what are the letters you send out that starts the ball rolling

Comment

lol nice jump in topic there ross welcome to the site.

You probably want to start your own thread in the debts section and give a bit more detail of what the loan is, how much, why you want to get rid of it etc.

If you click on the debt forum you should see a button NEW TOPIC and that will start off your own thread.
            #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Originally posted by Turboman View Post
              Anyone reccommend a good PSP forum for starting off learning PSP?
              Here's a couple I have used, when i was doign Pop Art Pics

Photoshop Tutorials - Home

Melissa Clifton - Photoshop Tutorials, Animation, 2D, 3D and Illustration Galleries

They both had simple tutorials and cover a lot of stuff

Hope they help

PKea

Comment

Thanks Pkea--its PSP (Paintshop Pro) I have--are those tutorials specific to Photoshop

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                Working...
                X