• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

UK Services & Support Ltd BRITISHPassportServices Copycat Website issues DISCUSSION

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UK Services & Support Ltd BRITISHPassportServices Copycat Website issues DISCUSSI

I have received a court summons from British passport services for not cancelling properly an appointment to get a passport. Went onto the link thinking it was the only way to get an appointment in Belfast. They were charging 117 pounds which I could not afford. Left the link. They then telephoned me and I said I was cancelling the appointment. She said this was ok. They then said they sent me a cancelling email which I never received. Small claims court now at £212. I'm a single parent and terrified of all thyr threatening calls and emails

Comment

• Re: UK Services & Support Ltd BRITISHPassportServices Copycat Website issues DISCUSSI

Hi drin and welcome.

Can you email a copy of your claim form to admin@legalbeagles.info as discussed on Facebook
      Any opinions I give are my own. Any advice I give is without liability. If you are unsure, please seek qualified legal advice.

IF WE HAVE HELPED YOU PLEASE CONSIDER UPGRADING TO VIP - click here

Comment

Hi drin, Try not to worry, the court process can feel a little scary but we'll help you as much as we can. We can't take the case over for you but can help you get your defence together and go through the court process. Once you've sent me a copy of your claim form I'll set up a thread for you in a private area and ask you some questions to help us put together your defence.

Have you acknowledged the claim at all?

Sharon
        xx
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Sharon
          xx[/QUOTE]

No I just recieved it on friday and got in contact with you today. I am afraid if I challenge this it will end up costing me more

- - - Updated - - -

No I just received it on friday and got in contact with you today. I am afraid if I challenge this it will end up costing me more. How can people get away with this. Has anyone successfully won against these people

- - - Updated - - -

i have done this. thank u

Comment

Whilst watching the news tonight listening to the jewellery heist at 88-90 Hatton Gardens the address sounded so familiar. Have you branched out into absailing and diamond robbery Mr Howard as well as daylight robbery. Wasn't that your old mailing address hmmmmm!

Comment

• Re: UK Services Support Ltd BRITISHPassportServices Copycat Website issues

Originally posted by drin

No I just recieved it on friday and got in contact with you today. I am afraid if I challenge this it will end up costing me more

- - - Updated - - -

No I just received it on friday and got in contact with you today. I am afraid if I challenge this it will end up costing me more. How can people get away with this. Has anyone successfully won against these people

- - - Updated - - -

i have done this. thank u
              In any event you need to acknowledge the claim within 14 days of when you received it and indicate that you intend to defend which you can do online following the information on the claim form. Tick 'no' to mediation and 'no' to contesting the jurisdiction.

This will buy you 33 days during which time you can consider whether to actually defend or not. Even if you defended and eventually lost it's unlikely to cost you much more than the £212 they're claiming.

Of the around 50 people we're currently helping defend claims you are in the best position because you have the most recent claim. Others are due to have their cases heard from the end of this month so we'll know how they got on before you need to commit yourself to defending.

The only reason UK Services & Support get away with this (or have so far) is that people have not defended and the company were able to get judgments by default, so nobody has won against them yet. We do know of one case where a customer took them to court but they failed to defend and lost by default, so I think that there's a fair chance that they won't actually follow through to a hearing on the claims they've issued anyway.
              Last edited by Amethyst; 9th April 2015, 06:16:AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
                Hi drin, Try not to worry, the court process can feel a little scary but we'll help you as much as we can. We can't take the case over for you but can help you get your defence together and go through the court process. Once you've sent me a copy of your claim form I'll set up a thread for you in a private area and ask you some questions to help us put together your defence.

Sharon
                xx
                how do i email you a copy of the claim form?

Comment

I took a screen shot on my iPad and attached it as a photo to Amethyst.

Comment

Originally posted by drin45 View Post
                    As Mandid suggested send a photo (or scan) of it to admin@legalbeagles.info and put 'drin45 v BPS' as the subject.

Comment

Hi this is Ivanidea666......I've sent off a draft witness statement to you guys 3 times now, the first time being last Sunday and I've not heard anything back.....maybe my email's got lost in the system somewhere...I've got to send the stuff off to the court and BPS by next Thursday and i'm off to Spain on Monday....help...

Comment

replied on your thread xx
                        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

see attachment

Thanks.

I'm just going to edit out the personal info from it and repost it.
                          Last edited by EXC; 11th April 2015, 12:38:PM.

Comment

see attachment

Thanks.

I'm just going to edit out the personal info from it and repost it.
                            Here you go but it isn't the actual claim form, it's the application. Do you have the claim form itself?

removed attachment due to pers details
                            Last edited by Amethyst; 11th April 2015, 13:33:PM.

Comment

Are you in Northern Ireland?

(That is the right form for NI - we don't have much experience with NI claims but it's pretty much the same afaik -form 126a - is there a Notice of Dispute/Counterclaim form with it ?)
                              Last edited by Amethyst; 11th April 2015, 13:37:PM.
                              #staysafestayhome

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
                                Are you in Northern Ireland?

(That is the right form for NI - we don't have much experience with NI claims but it's pretty much the same afaik - is there a Notice of Dispute/Counterclaim form with it ?)
                                Yes, Northern Ireland.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X