• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

UK Services & Support Ltd BRITISHPassportServices Copycat Website issues DISCUSSION

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UK Services & Support Ltd BRITISHPassportServices Copycat Website issues DISCUSSI

Originally posted by peterjones View Post
    The question is do you let it go to court knowing ALL these authorities are against you??
    Have any of the authorities told you you should pay ?
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

• Re: UK Services & Support Ltd BRITISHPassportServices Copycat Website issues DISCUSSI

No authorities have told us to pay. I will scan and post the bank letter for you all now.

Comment

What authorities exactly?

And did you contact them yourself, and if so how?

Comment

I am speaking to my bank now to try to get a letter from them as to why the payment was withdrawn from BPS under the consumer credit act. I have a letter from the bank but it only states that the funds were refunded to me and not why or how it was resolved- they are trying to help.

Comment

That should help. Lets try writing a letter before you give up and pay the buggers xxx
            #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

The bank are asking me to send all the threatening emails and texts to them so they can investigate it further. I want to get some muscle behind me. They are also going to send me an updated letter as to the outcome of the enquiry- the banks have a responsibility here too.

Comment

I am speaking to my bank now to try to get a letter from them as to why the payment was withdrawn from BPS under the consumer credit act. I have a letter from the bank but it only states that the funds were refunded to me and not why or how it was resolved- they are trying to help.
                Ok thanks.

What I'm trying to establish is where your refund has come from. Under sec 75 if you are refunded on the basis that the supplier broke the terms of the contract or didn't supply the services you paid for (which probably is the case here) the supplier and card provider are jointly liable for the refund. So if you pay back BPS the full amount that they are currently asking you for they will effectively be getting all of it from you plus another 50% from the card company, which I doubt the card company would be too happy about.

Comment

Hi That would be great- can I privately email you my full story?

Comment

Brilliant Keep us in the loop.
                    #staysafestayhome

Comment

Hi- it was a debit card?

Comment

Hi- it was a debit card?
                        That won't fall within CCA than, it'll be a charge back.

Comment

OK- The bank are shocked and I have requested an update as to why the bank refunded the money to me- if this was under the Consumer Credit act then they must of investigated and found in favour of my claim. I would urge everyone to call your banks- inundate them with calls and then maybe the big muscle will get involved. No culprit is too big for the might of the banks so maybe that is the way forward. The banks hold a responsibility to investigate these companies also surely???

Comment

Which means that the BPS can then claim directly against us after the bank takes the money back

Comment

Which means that the BPS can then claim directly against us after the bank takes the money back
                              I'm not sure about that. Only the bank can authorize the charge back and as such you may be able to argue that BPS can only dispute it with the bank.

Comment

....in other words you cannot be held responsible for decisions that only the bank can make.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X