• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

UK Services & Support Ltd BRITISHPassportServices Copycat Website issues DISCUSSION

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UK Services & Support Ltd Passport Scam

To be fair Peter the BBC and the Mail have done quite a good job on exposing this site and trying to make people aware of it. Trading Standards are acting - it is just slow as they can't discuss things publicly and have a LOT of other sites to deal with too. The ASA ARE looking at all of RH's sites, again it takes time. Action Fraud have always been a bit pants, but complaints add up and are looked at, and the HMPO will write a letter for you to say you didn't have the appointment booked (if you didn't) or that is was booked in a different name etc.

How do you mean about BPS answering scheduled appointments?

Re Press - in case you have missed it

Mail on Sunday - EXPOSED !! Shameless copycat website's Boss who threatens wary customers with court - but don't swear - he'll charge you £10 for it !

Have you been caught out by an 'unofficial' website ? Listen to Radio 4 - You & Yours Shari Vahl has investigated a website that charges for passport appointments, and explains why it is suing many of its customers.

Listen to MONEYBOX on RADIO 4 28th Feb - PENSIONS Misleading WEBSITES

If you are dealing with issues arising from use of a third party website feel free to read others experiences and join in the discussion HERE

PETITION: To ban or regulate 3rd party copycat websites dealing in UK Passports, Driving licences, Online Tax Returns and the like. PLEASE SIGN
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

• Re: UK Services & Support Ltd BRITISHPassportServices Copycat Website issues DISCUSSI

Do Mr Howard's friends exist? If he's putting in bills to the court showing texts/emails/voicemails etc etc purporting to be from x, y and z then if they don't exist those claims cannot be true? They must be fraudulent/perjury surely????

Comment

Because I am very ill I decided with my wife that we would not fight and simply pay what they requested even though the bank refunded us.
        Amanda Kirkman would not answer calls and neither would any other staff without a pin number.
        They ask you to log onto their call scheduling site and request an appointment with an agent.
        I did this and attempted five calls exactly at the right time and entering the pin.
        The call was answered by "kate" and I was told to call back as systems were down and they refused payment.
        She asked me to call back in half hour- I did and this time after entering my pin I was met with a recorded message stating that the call could not be taken as an agent was NOT expecting my call????? crazy??

Comment

Originally posted by peterjones View Post
          Because I am very ill I decided with my wife that we would not fight and simply pay what they requested even though the bank refunded us.
          Amanda Kirkman would not answer calls and neither would any other staff without a pin number.
          They ask you to log onto their call scheduling site and request an appointment with an agent.
          I did this and attempted five calls exactly at the right time and entering the pin.
          The call was answered by "kate" and I was told to call back as systems were down and they refused payment.
          She asked me to call back in half hour- I did and this time after entering my pin I was met with a recorded message stating that the call could not be taken as an agent was NOT expecting my call????? crazy??
          They ASKED YOU FOR YOUR CARD PIN NUMBER??????????????????
          If they did report them to your bank they don't need it its CNP (Cardholder not present)

Comment

noooo it's a 5 digit applicant pin for BPS xxx
            #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

DO NOT GIVE OUT YOUR CARD PIN NUMBER... The Bank wouldn't underwrite any loss if they then misused it!!

Comment

• Re: UK Services & Support Ltd BRITISHPassportServices Copycat Website issues DISCUSSI

No Sorry- they asked for a pin that they allocate for you when you book the appointment online so that an agent knows it is you calling.

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
                  noooo it's a 5 digit applicant pin for BPS xxx

Ahhh I had kittens there :tongue2:

Comment

so you haven't paid yet Peter?
                    #staysafestayhome

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
                      so you haven't paid yet Peter?
                      I paid and then reported it to my bank who then reimbursed me- I received threats from BPS within minutes of the notification from the bank.

Comment

This doesn't surprise me in the slightest. When I tried to ascertain what was going on, and ringing them in their advertised business hours, no reply, forwarded on or just plain hung up. There was no way on earth anyone would answer a phone just after I had paid, it wouldn't be viable for them as they would have to pay you back. NOT!

Also, now is a good time to start trying to figure out any Criminality, either for the police or otherwise. Any thoughts, please let me know.

Comment

Yes, and you are now trying to pay them that back because they are making threats about police and fraud ?

I understand you just want it out of the way and it is entirely up to you, but you know those threats are groundless don't you?
                          #staysafestayhome

Comment

Peter - have a read of [MENTION=62450]GrumpyOldHat[/MENTION] 's post http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...002#post524002
                            #staysafestayhome

Comment

The question is do you let it go to court knowing ALL these authorities are against you??

Comment

I paid and then reported it to my bank who then reimbursed me- I received threats from BPS within minutes of the notification from the bank.
                                Do you have the notification from the bank in writing and if so can you post it up without any personal details?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X