• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

UK Services & Support Ltd BRITISHPassportServices Copycat Website issues DISCUSSION

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UK Services & Support Ltd BRITISHPassportServices Copycat Website issues DISCUSSI

Perhaps they mean the OFT?

Comment

• Re: UK Services & Support Ltd BRITISHPassportServices Copycat Website issues DISCUSSI

Having looked at all his websites, and associated material provided in this forum, it is my belief that the young man in question might well be on the point of implosion.

It would appear that he has built a business out of nought much more than hot air and bluster without a lot of substance - meaning I don't believe that he has the resources or intelligence he would like others to believe that he has.

My gut instinct says the behaviours and actions that he has taken since November are not those of a rational businessman keen to prove that he is running a respectable business but those of a desperate one (for whatever reasons - one can only speculate).

That aside, the more pressure that can be applied to himself and his business, the more likely it is that they will disappear - it is my hope (and would not surprise me at all) to see his name appearing in bankruptcy and/or criminal proceedings at some future date.

Comment

Or he ends up using his own passport to go somewhere. One way....

Comment

A group of copycat website peeps are up in court in York facing charges of fraud and conspiracy to commit fraud this coming week. Should be interesting. And interesting to see how BPS react.

http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/b...-websites.html

Four people involved in the running of alleged copycat Government websites that charged users extra fees for arranging passports, free European Health Insurance Cards, through to the filing of tax returns, have been given unconditional bail to appear at York Crown Court next month.

This follows their appearance last Thursday at York and Selby Magistrates Court. The four - Richard Hough, Michael Hughes, Stephen Oliver and Jamie Wyatt - have been charged with a number of offences relating to the running of these unofficial websites.

They include conspiracy to defraud and engaging in activities designed to mislead consumers. The charges follow an investigation by the eCrime unit of National Trading Standards, leading to arrests made early last summer.
          &
          Hughes and Wyatt, both 24, and Oliver, aged 45, face 16 charges each and were directors of Who4, which ran a series of websites including taxreturngateway. This charged users up to £1,000 for processing their self-assessment return.

Read more: http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/b...#ixzz3T8h9cv2v
          Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
          #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

That particular case and the resulting warnings followed and already good working relationship between Trading Standards eCrime Team, Martin Lewis & LegalBeagles.

The result of which culminated in the production of this short video and associated information about "copcat" GOV.UK websites. Just in case anyone missed it, it can be found here - http://www.tradingstandardsecrime.or...e-crackdown-2/
            or on our Youtube Channel - Please feel free to subscribe and share any information with as many as you can so we can put a stop to these shysters.

We have also worked with TSeCT to warn consumers about the dangers of buying vehicles and other high value goods online - http://www.tradingstandardsecrime.or...areness-month/
            Any opinions I give are my own. Any advice I give is without liability. If you are unsure, please seek qualified legal advice.

IF WE HAVE HELPED YOU PLEASE CONSIDER UPGRADING TO VIP - click here

Comment

Wyatt, facing 8 (I believe) charges at York this week used to run The Passport Application Online Service and passport.uk.com ... which charged people for ummm booking applications with the passport office ..... just as a matter of interest.
              #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Did the four in court this week in York use aggressive tactics to purse payments like Howard ?

Comment

Very proud of the article in the MOS and to all those who spoke up, well done everyone.

Comment

Not as far as we are aware. As with most copycat sites, they misled the consumer into believing that they were using the official government online tax returns website. They "calculated" an amount and led you to believe that was the amount payable under self assessment for your taxes, you were then hit with a separate tax bill, and in many cases a late submission fine by HMRC.

They also operated other similar "copycat" government services websites and EHIC application websites.
                    Any opinions I give are my own. Any advice I give is without liability. If you are unsure, please seek qualified legal advice.

IF WE HAVE HELPED YOU PLEASE CONSIDER UPGRADING TO VIP - click here

Comment

Has anyone checked out Richard Howard's Facebook page?
                      He's boasting about his 20th employee and his charitable works....wow what a guy!

Comment

He does seem to have an unhealthy obsession with Sam Harris too. his fb page is full of photo's of him....
                        #staysafestayhome

Comment

Ahh. That's where the Chicago photo came from. I did briefly wonder.

Comment

Originally posted by Tools View Post
                            Not as far as we are aware. As with most copycat sites, they misled the consumer into believing that they were using the official government online tax returns website. They "calculated" an amount and led you to believe that was the amount payable under self assessment for your taxes, you were then hit with a separate tax bill, and in many cases a late submission fine by HMRC.

They also operated other similar "copycat" government services websites and EHIC application websites.
                            Thats fine... Seeing how he's impersonating an official government (passport site) in looks if not fine detail he can start off on his next government body related activity...
                            They do still sew mail sacks inside don't they? :tongue2:

Comment

I couldn't find him on Facebook?

Comment

• Re: UK Services & Support Ltd Passport Scam

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
                                Actually Peter - apologies - have you had a court claim/threats etc from them or did you pay upfront ?
                                Yes- I have had emails and texts threatening me with the Police Fraud for stopping the payment under the Consumer Credit Act.
                                Ok my story’s simple. I design websites so I should know better right? Wrong! These people know what they are doing and they are barely legal. Try purchasing a domain name with a famous brand within it. I guarantee that company will have lawyers onto you within minutes so why are these so called “businesses” allowed to rip people off? The Government wants us all to do our businesses online. We go into the banks and we are told “why not do it online sir”, we go to our supermarkets and we are given incentives to shop online, TV Licences “do it online”. In fact almost everything we do on paper the Government wants us to do online TO SAVE THEM MONEY! Yet, when we get ripped off by these businesses the government and the same authorities who tell us “do it online” turn their backs on us! I have just been ripped off by BPS and I can tell you FORGET the ASA, forget the MEDIA, forget the HMPO and forget the POLICE ACTION FRAUD because they all look the other way regarding these websites and when you complain to them you get told “you should of read the small print”. The government can close down Paedophile sites with the click of a finger yet hundreds of thousands of tax payers who pay these PUBLIC SERVANTS are being turned away. The only cure for this is for us, the people who are being ripped off to stand up and say ENOUGH. We all need to stand together and fight this because if we don’t THEY WIN! I have just written my story to the Daily Mail and ps, BPS are not answering scheduled appointments now?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X