• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

UK Services & Support Ltd BRITISHPassportServices Copycat Website issues DISCUSSION

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UK Services & Support Ltd BRITISHPassportServices Copycat Website issues

Originally posted by didactosaurus View Post
    That was me - I think I've already told you though?

Quite what they hope to achieve with this I know not. I suspect it's a case of prodding the angry dog to see if it will bite....there'll be an ulterior motive at work.

If we find out that solicitors are representing BPS, we need to report them to the Law Society immediately for bringing the profession into disrepute.
    lol yes you have, as has someone else ... so it's anyone who hasn't already told me lol.

BPS don't have solicitors acting for them, at the moment every single claim is signed by Richard Howard.
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Originally posted by Poltergeist View Post
      Yes, I just got mine through. I wonder what the score is there then, and best they don't charge me for that text message either.
      Ahh you got one as well, and you paid ages ago - now that's odd - must be trying to sort out their systems or they just have a glitch.
      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Originally posted by TheCarGuy View Post
        Ok so I should definatley tick no to mediation?
        Despite what I said earlier, don't tick yes to mediation. In most claims from creditors we would usually suggest you would but our advice is that with BPS you shouldn't.

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
          Can I also remind everyone to please make a complaint to the ICO about your information being publicly accessible.

Thankyou.
          The only thing here is, the ICO are asking if I have contacted them in the first place which I have not, and frankly do not want to (I don't physically like being sick!). If you haven't they don't allow you to continue, you just get a redirection saying 'contact them'. Maybe a phone call to the ICO on Monday will be best, just to explain why I won't. Does that sound reasonable, or is it best to contact them?
          Last edited by Kati; 13th February 2015, 20:34:PM. Reason: fixed quote ;)

Comment

Originally posted by didactosaurus View Post
            If we find out that solicitors are representing BPS, we need to report them to the Law Society immediately for bringing the profession into disrepute.

It's highly unlikely that they would instruct solicitors for claims worth a few hundred quid. As adverse costs awards are limited to such a small amount in the small claims court it wouldn't make economic sense.

Comment

God no don't contact BPS, apart from the fact they'll charge you for it, I doubt you'd actually get to speak to anyone. Ring the ICO. They should have a complaint logged already about the company but if not (as they might not be able to say they have - government departments are a bit weird like that ) they should log it anyway and every little helps.

And hopefully Richard is reading this and taking actions to make sure all your personal information is secure.
              #staysafestayhome

Comment

Originally posted by EXC View Post
                It's highly unlikely that they would instruct solicitors for claims worth a few hundred quid. As adverse costs awards are limited to such a small amount in the small claims court it wouldn't make economic sense.
                To a sensible businessman it wouldn't make any sense! I just think about who we are dealing with!

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
                  God no don't contact BPS, apart from the fact they'll charge you for it, I doubt you'd actually get to speak to anyone. Ring the ICO. They should have a complaint logged already about the company but if not (as they might not be able to say they have - government departments are a bit weird like that ) they should log it anyway and every little helps.

And hopefully Richard is reading this and taking actions to make sure all your personal information is secure.
                  He had better be...

...and then publicly calling me out as a 'debtor' after I paid him his fee is slander is it not? Check your records Mr. HOWARD, I paid you fair and square, but my irrefutable evidence says that I still owe you, so if your reading this, Mr. HOWARD, delete that comment post haste and secure my personal data NOW.

Comment

Can also email complaint to casework@ico.org.uk

Comment

Surely there must be Data Protection Issues here????? If they are effectively capturing peoples personal details under well effectively a misleading website then surely the Information Commissioner must have something to say about it... :tongue2:

Comment

Sent email as well as text. Double charge for me!!

Comment

Agreed. Remember, he instructed TLT Solicitors to argue the case against the ASA ruling, which had no direct cost implication at the time....the captain's at the helm, whiskey in hand.

But maybe - if he writes the website drivel personally - he fancies himself as Tom Cruise in A Few Good Men (to be remade as A Few Fake Passport Appointments...?)

Originally posted by Poltergeist View Post
                          To a sensible businessman it wouldn't make any sense! I just think about who we are dealing with!

Comment

Originally posted by Mineral1 View Post
                            Surely there must be Data Protection Issues here????? If they are effectively capturing peoples personal details under well effectively a misleading website then surely the Information Commissioner must have something to say about it... :tongue2:
                            Exactly Mineral1 xx
                            #staysafestayhome

Comment

Maybe there should be an entire forum heading devoted to this subject...
                              It could be entitled UK Disservices and Self Support Ltd, or even more contrite.. Tic..:tongue2:

Comment

Couldn't agree more, Mineral1. No actual paperwork arrived for us - I assume it's the same for everyone else - so we had to complete the official form anyway. They didn't need details; they obtained them by deception and continue to hold them (unsecured, to make it worse).

Originally posted by Mineral1 View Post
                                Last edited by Amethyst; 13th February 2015, 21:03:PM.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X