• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

UK Services & Support Ltd BRITISHPassportServices Copycat Website issues DISCUSSION

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UK Services & Support Ltd BRITISHPassportServices Copycat Website issues

I fell for the con! I have paid the £117 over the internet, im now worried as they have my account details has anyone got some advice on what to do and if they can take more money?

Comment

Hi Lh36,
      I doubt they will try take more money from your account, the point is did you get what you actually paid for?

Comment

I have recieved a contract and a email saying they will be in contact for an appointment. So i havent got what i paid for. Thanks for the quick reply

Comment

So you have no appointment booked?
          You have a contract signed or unsigned?

Comment

I have a contract signed, and received a text message saying appointment approved and a email saying appointed cancelled

Comment

Did you ask them to cancel the appointment with the Passport office ? or are they meaning your '30 minutes telephone consultation appointment'?
              #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Wow

just read this thread,

its as as silly as the prince of Nigeria gold emails or fake lotto ones I get every month, but it's crazy people are really paying

meetings to vote on court action ?? 1 out of 4 haha

po boxes and addresses next door to brothels

Id laugh my head off if I got one of these letters, and if it ended up in court it would be hilarious, all they have is an IP address and considering mad onion is one of the most downloaded apps of the year A judge possessing more than one brain cell would laugh them out of the room,

block their number and and email and when they issue court action defend and claim costs, claim they are data miners who are fraudulently using stolen data which is what it all sounds like to me . An IP address is like saying 'yeah I met him at Alton towers so he clearly must live there '

this is crazy, I can't believe they ever get any ccj s issued unless they are ignored

damm what total scumbags

Comment

Originally posted by Rufus123 View Post
                  Wow

just read this thread,

its as as silly as the prince of Nigeria gold emails or fake lotto ones I get every month, but it's crazy people are really paying

meetings to vote on court action ?? 1 out of 4 haha

po boxes and addresses next door to brothels

Id laugh my head off if I got one of these letters, and if it ended up in court it would be hilarious, all they have is an IP address and considering mad onion is one of the most downloaded apps of the year A judge possessing more than one brain cell would laugh them out of the room,

block their number and and email and when they issue court action defend and claim costs, claim they are data miners who are fraudulently using stolen data which is what it all sounds like to me . An IP address is like saying 'yeah I met him at Alton towers so he clearly must live there '

this is crazy, I can't believe they ever get any ccj s issued unless they are ignored

damm what total scumbags

Yep is sure is crazy, but only for the fact our laws and regulators allow these sort of things to happen.
                  Many have been caught out and many are people who thought this would never happen to them, but it does.
                  Sadly for every boffin out there inventing stuff to make our lives easier, there is a con man designing methods to rob us of out hard earned.
                  Until the powers that be get their heads from up their backsides and understand all what goes on, then the only way for people to try and get justice when they have been ripped off is to visit sites like ours for help.
                  The fact that so many cons can be stopped before they are started seems to elude the said powers that be, no matter how much proof we throw at them.
                  Makes one wonder what's in it for them :tinysmile_twink_t2:

Comment

We do not recommend joining any Facebook groups to discuss the issue. We already know the company harrass, are intimidatory and are not worried about data protection in the slightest.

There is no need to be identifiable to others with similar issues.
                    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

I haven't received any communication this week although had loads of miss calls. Any news on a defence of I do receive a court claim? If we want to defend ourselves how long for it to go to court? Can it drags on for years?

Comment

Goodness, no not years.

We should have things sorted by end of play on Monday.

I wrote a little post about the court process before, will dig it up - about 4 months in total at a guess.
                        #staysafestayhome

Comment

HEre we are

As I realise the CCJ process might be new / confusing / worrying I've just written a brief overview of how things work;

The process for a court claim.

Day 1: Court claim issued by Northampton County Court Business Centre
                          This just means BPS have filled in an online form and paid £25 which automatically gets NOrthampton CCBC to send a N1 claim pack to the defendant.

Day 14: Within 14 days of receiving the claim pack you should enter an ''Acknowledgement of Service'' via the moneyclaimonline website or by returning the page of the claim pack TO THE COURT.
                          This just says, yes I have got the claim, and extends the amount of time you have to enter a defence ( or admission) to the claim to 28 days from receipt. You should tick the 'I intend to defend the claim in full' box, which isn't binding, it simply extends the time period for responding

Day 28: You enter your defence/admission ( either completing the claim pack and sending TO THE COURT or on moneyclaimonline )

IF YOU DON'T ENTER ACKNOWLEDGEMENT OR DEFENCE then the claimant can ask for Judgment in DEFAULT - this does NOT mean the court agree with the claim - it's a rubber stamping process. MOST (if not ALL) of the 'wins' claimed on the BPS site will be DEFAULT judgments.

If Defending:

The county court business centre forward your defence on to the claimant. The claimant has 28 days to respond to the court to say whether they wish to continue with the claim. You will get a letter from the ccbc (county court business centre) telling you this after you have submitted your defence.

IF the claimants indicate to the court they wish to proceed you will receive another letter from the CCBC asking you to complete an allocation/directions questionnaire (N180). This is the form you use to tell the CCBC which court is best for you to attend a hearing.

The claimant will also have to complete the N180 and pay the hearing fee. They can get a refund of their hearing fee if they cancel the hearing at least 7 days before the hearing.

The claim will then be allocated to small claims track and the papers sent to your local court. The Judge at the local court will either issue directions or order a hearing. You may be asked to send in documents to back up your defence and/or a witness statement (basically a chronology of what happened in your view ).

Up until after the N180 forms the court/judge etc will not have looked at the claim in any detail whatsoever.
                          #staysafestayhome

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
                            HEre we are
                            thank you very much. Are we allowed to post phone number on here? I have few miss calls from the same 0843 number and wonders if it is them or not? Thanks again. I wonder if all of a sudden the issue all this court claim and have to pay £25 each time and all the get is people are defending themselves maybe they will give up as it will cost them too many £25 to be worth their while! Or am I living in hope? And delude myself

Comment

Who Called Me

http://whocallsme.com/

May give you caller details

Comment

Looks like it's a debt collecting company...

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X