• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

UK Services & Support Ltd BRITISHPassportServices Copycat Website issues DISCUSSION

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UK Services & Support Ltd BRITISHPassportServices Copycat Website issues

Originally posted by Mandid View Post
    I have just calculated the value of the court cases they claim to have won between Feb 2014 and Nov 2014 on their website, total approx £14,400! Not a bad income for sitting firing off intimidating emails. These are just court cases then you have all the victims that will have paid on top of that. I have emailed the ICO about them publishing people's names on their site by the court cases. If I loose my case I do not agree to having my case and name adding to that list. Are they within their rights to publish people's names?
    It is another intimidatory tactic (eg.if you don't pay you'll be publicly shamed)

Can you have a google of your own name, email / postcode and britishpassportservices - we've found a couple where the details are all publicly accessible (ie without having the specific link )
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

If they lost, they wouldn't get a CCJ against them anyway, only if they were ordered to pay you costs and failed (I think)

If you sued them and won then they'd have a CCJ (and then only if they didn't pay within 28 days )
      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

I have just calculated the value of the court cases they claim to have won between Feb 2014 and Nov 2014 on their website, total approx £14,400! Not a bad income for sitting firing off intimidating emails. These are just court cases then you have all the victims that will have paid on top of that. I have emailed the ICO about them publishing people's names on their site by the court cases. If I loose my case I do not agree to having my case and name adding to that list. Are they within their rights to publish people's names?
        Maybe they made up all that information.

Comment

http://www.adviceguide.org.uk/england/consumer_e/consumer_protection_for_the_consumer_e/consumer_unfair_trading_e/consumer_overview_of_unfair_trading_practices_e/misleading_omissions_unfair_commercial_practices.h tm

Misleading omissions - unfair commercial practices

If a trader leaves out important information to mislead you into buying something that you may not have bought if you had been given all the facts, this is an unfair commercial practice and is against the law. Misleading actions are covered by Consumer Protection from Unfair Trading Regulations (2008).

To me, this is the crux of the whole mess. They DO NOT make it clear enough (if AT ALL) what their site does. Misrepresentation at its finest.

Comment

It's like setting up a parking ticket company and issuing tickets to people who, by parking in this (legally free to park in) space, also thereby contracted to take out a 'car storage package' which included telepathic supervision (£20.00), special pre-treated tyre-preserving parking surface (£50.00), a 30-minute telephone consultation with a senior car parking technique advisor (£30.00)...blah blah blah. Terms & conditions 'prominently' displayed in 12 point font on a stuck-on notice, in Latin, placed 20 feet up on the side of a wall...in the next town 10 miles down the road.

Comment

aw: pmsl, it is exactly like that .... excellent xxxxx
              #staysafestayhome

Comment

Originally posted by EXC View Post
                This entire section has now miraculously disappeared from the BPS site.
                And back again.

Someone is obviously playing games here, or their hosting/page caching is up the spout.

Comment

Yes I get it but only when I empty my cache.

I wonder if they're trying to fool HMPO that they've taken it down?

Comment

Originally posted by Nibbler View Post
                    And back again.

Someone is obviously playing games here, or their hosting/page caching is up the spout.
                    They don't seem to have been amending it at all.

( ahhh they've added more default judgments)
                    Last edited by Amethyst; 5th February 2015, 08:56:AM.
                    #staysafestayhome

Comment

The CCJs they list state that ''The date field below represents the date they became a customer''.

Given that some of the dates are as recent as 11 November it's unlikely that they could have got CCJs even by default within that time.

Comment

Well, 11 November - 3 days payment terms - so 14th November - 14 days preaction - 28th November - 17 days to default - enter for judgment day after - takes you to only 16th Dec - so even if they left a month between due date and court claim, non defended claims could get default judgement within 2 months from first visiting the site.

Judgments are always payment within 28 days NOT 2 weeks. That's bugging me why he always says two weeks. I did try to contact a couple of the more unusual names off his list but haven't got anywhere. I wanted to see a copy of the judgment from the court.
                        #staysafestayhome

Comment

On the next page there's one dated 16 December but maybe that's still possible.

Comment

say 34 days .... so yes, that one might want an extra couple days for Bank Hols but could have had default judgment by 3rd Jan.

PEOPLE NEED TO ACKNOWLEDGE THE CLAIM WITH INTENT TO DEFEND IN FULL.
                            #staysafestayhome

Comment

So as we know on default judgements there would never have been

- A defence entered
                              - Any hearing
                              - An actual judge ever looking at it
                              - Any decision based on the actual merits of the claim
                              - Any indication that claim forms were even sent to the correct address or the defendant had knowledge of the claim.

and no indication there of post claim action that may have been taken such as set aside applications etc.

In other words such a list, even if genuine, proves absolutely *****er all as to the legality or merit of their claims.

Comment

We are now well on the way to getting the first escalation with only 18 more signatures needed. This is really good news, so this is just another push for this to be circulated. Many thanks.

http://chn.ge/1zuv6Be

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X