• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

UK Services & Support Ltd BRITISHPassportServices Copycat Website issues DISCUSSION

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UK Services & Support Ltd BRITISH UK Passport Services Copycat Website issues

Hi dann, yes I have seen this, but I think Amethyst posted earlier that Which? keep removing the links back to here. Plus I have been over there and touted the change.org petition, this thread and gave a thuimbs up to a facebook group, all have been ignored.

I'm not sure how is best to integrate, but would err caution too as I don't know how you would stop an infiltration from that company into any co-ordinated group. It is a tough one.

Comment

• Re: UK Services & Support Ltd BRITISH UK Passport Services Copycat Website issues

Thanks Dann. I have seen the thread (it popped up on our Mention's list yesterday but the post had been moderated ). Quite happy for other victims to come here. We are gathering evidence together so it might be better to give me/LB admin evidence etc rather than some random person on FB. I'd certainly feel better that people's personal information was safe anyway.

Could you post a warning on Which? for people to be careful if posting copies of letters on Which? or FB (or sending them to others) to REMOVE THE LINKS as the link is absolutely chokkablock of your personal information.
      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

I have logged it with CAB but don't know how to add it to the poll at the top of this thread sorry

Comment

Originally posted by Scammed View Post
          I have logged it with CAB but don't know how to add it to the poll at the top of this thread sorry
          Select Citizen's Advice and click 'Vote Now'.
          Attached Files

Comment

Thats exactly what im worried about.
            To be fair they have ALL our personal info..

I would love to get this verminous cretin bang to rights and im sure he will come a cropper soon, he is ticking too many people off.

Comment

Do you mean copies of letters addressed to them? Those links linking to the petition and this site are ok though?

Comment

Originally posted by EXC View Post
                Select Citizen's Advice and click 'Vote Now'.
                Ah think it might only let you chose one, will see if I can suss that out.
                #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
                  Yes that would be good.

Comment

Originally posted by dann View Post
                    Do you mean copies of letters addressed to them? Those links linking to the petition and this site are ok though?
                    Oh yes, just be wary of posting copies of letters sent to them and remove any links or link texts before posting

Links to here just won't be allowed (I don't think they allow any links on Which? convo at all so don't think it;s anything personal lol)
                    #staysafestayhome

Comment

If I remember correctly you can't change a poll from single to multiple choice once you've posted it?

Comment

It seems not, bummerer. I'll fix it backend .
                        #staysafestayhome

Comment

It seems not, bummerer. I'll fix it backend .
                          Just tried that on a test poll and seems to work. I think.

Comment

Today I have received an email from British Passport Services saying they have had mail returned to them. I do not live in the UK and while I was there to renew my Passport in the summer I used an address where I was staying for the form filling process only, it is not my home and I do not know who is there now, they do not know me so they returned to sender.
                            They are pressurising me to give them my current overseas address, no way will this happen, apparently it is my duty to let them know. If I don't give it to them they say they will issue court proceedings to the address they have even though they know I am not there and according to them I will have been informed and the claim will be active.

Comment

Yes they can legitimately serve the court papers on your last known address, and get a default judgment against you by doing so. Enforcement would be tricky, but your credit file would have the CCJ on (unless you paid within 28 days)

Really it will depend on your status, if you are, in essence having an extended holiday / employment then you'd still be classed as resident here (so they can use the county court process) and also depends which country you are in (IF Brussells convention or something applies). Really I'd just give them the address ( or a uk address you can obtain mail from) and defend the claim, but see if you can stall them until after Friday.
                              #staysafestayhome

Comment

That's disgusting. Can they sink any lower?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X