• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

UK Services & Support Ltd BRITISHPassportServices Copycat Website issues DISCUSSION

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UK Services & Support Ltd BRITISH UK Passport Services Copycat Website issues

Looking at the large banner across the top third of www.britishpassportservices.co.uk (which I just tried to C&P and failed miserably), there is indeed a major Section 3.3 breach...right there, right now.

Throw them in the Tower!
    Last edited by didactosaurus; 1st February 2015, 23:17:PM. Reason: Didn't paste properly

Comment

• Re: UK Services & Support Ltd BRITISH UK Passport Services Copycat Website issues

3.3 Restrictions on reproductionThe image of the cover of the Passport including the Royal Arms, or the details pages of thePassport may not be used:× as the main focus of the cover of a work, for example, the dust jacket or cover of apublication× in advertising× in facsimile form for use as a passport holder or cover

Comment

We did this last year for FB/Twitter etc

#staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Did you get in trouble? lol

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
            Hi, I think the petition should be more general - against third party websites selling government services in general. I have signed it, but to gain traction I think it may be too specific. I don't really know how change works or if you can amend the text or make additions. Just a thought anyway xx

I'll try sort out a pic tmw for you - no idea how to put it on there though

Just for interest tho...see att rules...
            A fair point. I have amended the title to include, D/L's and HMRC Tax returns and used the phrase 'and the like', purely to stop people getting bored with a long list, and then getting bored and not signing it.

We already have a fair few signatures, we just need to convince loads more to sign it. I will think of another picture to put on the campaign.

The Change.org is not the be all and end all, just another avenue of public awareness and scam prevention, we must all sign up to the other consumer protection sites, as outlined on the first thread, as a matter of urgency.

Comment

• Re: UK Services & Support Ltd Passport Copycat Website issues

Shame that Which? removed the post mentioning us in their conversations site about this (I got a notification on Mentions)

For ref I reported the WSA to the ASA yesterday- not really sure who else to report that to - other than TSeCrime

Hopefully will hear back from the ASA review peeps soon, if not I'll ring them.

I know we're in a little bit of Limbo until next weekend just have to remind people who have court claims they should acknowledge the claim on MCOL and they have 28 days to defend.
              #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

I managed to upload a photo. Slightly amateurish, but serves the purpose! :tinysmile_aha_t:

Comment

It's fine I could amend the one I posted earlier if you wanted ( it isn't an advertisement and doesn't show the full passport frontage so is fine IMO)
                  #staysafestayhome

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
                    It's fine I could amend the one I posted earlier if you wanted ( it isn't an advertisement and doesn't show the full passport frontage so is fine IMO)
                    probably anything is better than mine! Email it to me please, and I'll upload it. Thanks again.

Comment

Hi everyone I have received a text and email this morning in tandem saying today by 6pm is my last day to pay and if I haven't they will issue court proceedings without further notice. Text says £147 and email £152 so obviously have charged an extra £5 to send an email! Scandalous.

They have not replied to my two emails to them last week and just seem hell bent on pursuing this via the courts. I will email copies to you Amethyst. Is it time for me to see a solicitor or wait for the court papers first?

Comment

It is entirely up to you about seeing a solicitor, although I would wait until you received court papers and I would hang fire till after the weekend coming and we will have a much better idea where you stand legally.
                        #staysafestayhome

Comment

Will wait to see if court papers arrive, and hopefully have so good news after the weekend, thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Mandid View Post
                            Is it time for me to see a solicitor or wait for the court papers first?
                            As Amethyst says hang on at least until you've been issued a claim. We've got a barrister looking at it who'll give us an opinion and a draft defence to use, hopefully by the end of the week.

My personal view is that if anyone enters a defence it is very unlikely that even UK Services & Support Ltd would be stupid enough to attend the hearing for a questionable claim that has a value of just £150.

Comment

As I realise the CCJ process might be new / confusing / worrying I've just written a brief overview of how things work;

The process for a court claim.

Day 1: Court claim issued by Northampton County Court Business Centre
                              This just means BPS have filled in an online form and paid £25 which automatically gets NOrthampton CCBC to send a N1 claim pack to the defendant.

Day 14: Within 14 days of receiving the claim pack you should enter an ''Acknowledgement of Service'' via the moneyclaimonline website or by returning the page of the claim pack TO THE COURT.
                              This just says, yes I have got the claim, and extends the amount of time you have to enter a defence ( or admission) to the claim to 28 days from receipt. You should tick the 'I intend to defend the claim in full' box, which isn't binding, it simply extends the time period for responding

Day 28: You enter your defence/admission ( either completing the claim pack and sending TO THE COURT or on moneyclaimonline )

IF YOU DON'T ENTER ACKNOWLEDGEMENT OR DEFENCE then the claimant can ask for Judgment in DEFAULT - this does NOT mean the court agree with the claim - it's a rubber stamping process. MOST (if not ALL) of the 'wins' claimed on the BPS site will be DEFAULT judgments.

If Defending:

The county court business centre forward your defence on to the claimant. The claimant has 28 days to respond to the court to say whether they wish to continue with the claim. You will get a letter from the ccbc (county court business centre) telling you this after you have submitted your defence.

IF the claimants indicate to the court they wish to proceed you will receive another letter from the CCBC asking you to complete an allocation/directions questionnaire (N180). This is the form you use to tell the CCBC which court is best for you to attend a hearing.

The claimant will also have to complete the N180 and pay the hearing fee. They can get a refund of their hearing fee if they cancel the hearing at least 7 days before the hearing.

The claim will then be allocated to small claims track and the papers sent to your local court. The Judge at the local court will either issue directions or order a hearing. You may be asked to send in documents to back up your defence and/or a witness statement (basically a chronology of what happened in your view ).

Up until after the N180 forms the court/judge etc will not have looked at the claim in any detail whatsoever.
                              #staysafestayhome

Comment

Hi Guys

I dont know if you have seen this site but there are a few people over on this Which forum wanting help and advice.. Now there is a link to the petition and other bits from here , so they can see that we are getting somewhere even if it slow.. They need support too.
                                The more we have the better and someone is also setting up a facebook page
                                http://conversation.which.co.uk/mone...omment-1402285

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X