• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

UK Services & Support Ltd BRITISHPassportServices Copycat Website issues DISCUSSION

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UK Services & Support Ltd Passport Copycat Website issues

http://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/regulation/consumer-contracts-regulations

Comment

Interesting that! The commencement of my services was to the WRONG passport office. And states an 'unchangeable format'. My contract states Peterborough passport office, but I selected Newport, so who altered it?

Amethyst, I wasn't playing down £103.00, and apologise if it seemed that way. The point I made (badly) was that a lot of people would just put it up as a bit of bad luck. Certainly no offense was meant

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
        Sooooo, once you made the ''application'' did you get an email of all the terms in a durable medium ? (email)
        No I did not, I did it on the 5th Jan and the first email I got off them was on the 7th Jan advising I had missed the 30min telephone consultation they had set up for me which I knew nothing about. No terms and conditions emailed at all, think I got something in the post a few days later though will have to check but think it was just the invoice and advising methods of payment. They may well say they sent the terms because they have other emails they say they have sent which I definitely have not received but they are charging for. Eg: £14.25 for a warning email that I was booked for 30 telephone consultation. They have documents of the emails they say they have sent with my IP address and that is their evidence they have completed their side of things even though they never arrived in my inbox. Would a court accept in their favour documents they say I should have received by email.

I only saw up to paragraph three because I was on stupid mini iPad and thought that was it and it caused no concern as the charges are beyond paragraph three so that's why I tick accept as I thought they were the passport offices. The charges should be at the top of that terms and conditions box then everybody would figure it out.

Comment

Nooo I wasn't offended, was saying that it may seem like little to some peeps but to me, you, and many others, it's a shed load.

If it was £30 I'd be as infuriated by it all.

Did you get an email with a copy of the contract you signed at the time of booking ?? and was it changed already by that point?
          #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

If they claim to have sent you an email but have not, ask them to prove it by sending the details of the message header, this will include when, where how, etc the message was sent. When an email is sent there is specific information in the header to trace it.
            Any opinions I give are my own. Any advice I give is without liability. If you are unsure, please seek qualified legal advice.

IF WE HAVE HELPED YOU PLEASE CONSIDER UPGRADING TO VIP - click here

Comment

Originally posted by Tools View Post
              If they claim to have sent you an email but have not, ask them to prove it by sending the details of the message header, this will include when, where how, etc the message was sent. When an email is sent there is specific information in the header to trace it.
              They have certain emails in a link of theirs that they claim have been sent, some of them I did receive. Interestingly all their emails are sent 8hrs ahead of us which at first made me think they were operatting from China or somewhere. At least two I definitely have not received them so is it my word against theres

Comment

Originally posted by Mandid View Post
                No I did not, I did it on the 5th Jan and the first email I got off them was on the 7th Jan advising I had missed the 30min telephone consultation they had set up for me which I knew nothing about. No terms and conditions emailed at all, think I got something in the post a few days later though will have to check but think it was just the invoice and advising methods of payment. They may well say they sent the terms because they have other emails they say they have sent which I definitely have not received but they are charging for. Eg: £14.25 for a warning email that I was booked for 30 telephone consultation. They have documents of the emails they say they have sent with my IP address and that is their evidence they have completed their side of things even though they never arrived in my inbox. Would a court accept in their favour documents they say I should have received by email.

I only saw up to paragraph three because I was on stupid mini iPad and thought that was it and it caused no concern as the charges are beyond paragraph three so that's why I tick accept as I thought they were the passport offices. The charges should be at the top of that terms and conditions box then everybody would figure it out.

Just looked through my pre-court action court form and they have put a copy of the contract in with it which would mean I only received a copy of it in durable form 16 days after I signed the contract online. Surely the courts would throw this out?

Comment

I got an email with a link to it, so that is where I will be stuffed. :tinysmile_cry_t:

Comment

Originally posted by Mandid View Post
                    Just looked through my pre-court action court form and they have put a copy of the contract in with it which would mean I only received a copy of it in durable form 16 days after I signed the contract online. Surely the courts would throw this out?
                    Did that one have your signature on it?

Comment

Originally posted by Poltergeist View Post
                      I got an email with a link to it, so that is where I will be stuffed. :tinysmile_cry_t:
                      It does state that an email with a link to the terms isn't durable as the terms can be changed on the link.
                      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

For ref on the report to the ICO if you get a ''we'll contact Citizens Advice for you''

This is on their website

Personal Data & Communication Preferences

Customers of our service should read the below Terms & Conditions regarding how your data is used, what communication you will receive from us and how to change your preferences. Those who are prospects of our service and who have not signed one of our online contracts should be advised that you may receive free emails, text messages, automated phone calls and letters relating to our service and that your details may be passed onto other parties in the public and private sector. Your information will only be used in compliance with the Data Protection Act. Our ICO registration number is: ZA032800

This is the terms currently on the site for appointments

You need to choose at least two available dates that you can attend the Passport Office. We will then book the appointment in for you and forward details of the exact time, date and the reference number via email. You agree that should you require the appointment urgently you may be allocated with one that was recently cancelled by another consumer. Therefore you understand that the appointment may not be in the applicants name however it will remain valid for use.

Using this form does in no way guarantee you a passport or the appointment time and date that you request as this is subject to availability. British Passport Services (aka UK Services & Support Ltd) will do it’s utmost to secure the date for the time that you select however this is subject to availability and the standard terms set out by the Passport Office which you also agree to by using our service.

You must ensure the applicant is eligible before using our service as no refunds can be issued after this form has been submitted, if an appointment is secured via other means or if the appointment we secure is changed or cancelled. The applicant must be a UK citizen to apply for a UK passport. Those under 16yrs or who have never held a UK passport in the past or if their old passport has been lost, stolen or damaged cannot use the 1 day Premium Service. The Fast Track 1 week service can only be used by first time applicants under 16yrs of age or those 16 or over if they have held a UK passport in the past. If the applicant is not eligible for the Premium Service we may book a Fast Track service instead.

The £117.60 fee you pay our independent organisation for this package is non-refundable once the service has been performed. Full payment is required in full within 72hrs of completing this form otherwise you agree that overdue invoice charges can be added at rates found at: xxxxxxxxxx. All fees you pay us do not come off the passport fee due to Her Majesty’s Passport Office on the day of the appointment. The 1 day Premium Service is £128 for an adult, the 1 week Fast Track Service £103 for an adult or £87 for a child and the standard application passport fees are £72.50 for an adult or £46 for a child.

You can avoid our services and charges by securing a free appointment via Her Majesty's Passport Office directly on 0300 222 0000 (www.gov.uk). British Passport Services does not have any preferential access to Passport Office appointments nor any access to any Offices calendar. During office hours it will take an average of 3-4 working hours to receive confirmation of your booking which will sent via email however it is understood that it may take longer and that there is no guaranteed time scale.

We do not charge for the appointment the fee that you pay British Passport Services is for the use of our online booking form (£10), checking online application for errors and omissions (£8.75), the time and work involved in securing the appointment at the office required (£10), sms, letter and email confirmation (£10), arranging for a blank application form to be posted to you (£5), one telephone consultation with a senior passport adviser (up to 30 minutes, £14.25), Emergency Travel Document Card (£10), directions to the Passport Office (£10) and membership to our queue jumping website (£20). These prices exclude VAT at twenty percent and are charged for each applicants package.

In addition to this the following items are free as part of our package: ongoing phone, live chat and email chat including the use of our international free-phone helpline, email and online video advice on how best to prepare for the appointment, access to our multilingual staff and form, a twenty percent discount on policies from our travel insurance partner, price freeze on passport prices, protective passport cover, 90 day loss protection warranty on the applicants passport, upgrade of the applicants full UK driving license to one recognized worldwide, lost and stolen form completed for you plus an approved authorization and second passport letter completed for you and our optional Passport Office Exemption service whereby twice a week we lodge all applications received at the local Passport Office.

By using our services you expressly agree that we may commence provision of the service immediately upon receipt of this form, consequently once the work has been completed there will no longer be any option to cancel your order. Due to the nature of this service you agree to forfeit your 14 day cooling off period/cancellation rights provided by the Consumer Contract Regulations 2013.

Should you wish to cancel you can call our cancellation helpline on 02036000145 and entering your 5 digit cancellation code/applicant ID, contacting us via our head office UK Services & Support Ltd, Suite 36, 88-90 Hatton Green, London, EC1N 9PG or emailing: cancel@britishpassportservices.org.uk. If work has not yet begun then the contract can be cancelled at no charge. Should you cancel before all paid services have been performed then you will be eligible for a partial refund. If the work has been completed in full then the £117.60 fee will be due in full. You also expressly agree that just cancelling the appointment does in no way cancel the contract and should you miss your telephone consultation appointment then the service will be marked as redeemed as we would not be able to recoup the time the senior agent set aside in their diary for your call.

This online booking form is available for the convenience of the user and is provided by British Passport Services who are not affiliated with Her Majesty’s Passport Office or any government department as we are an unaccredited privately owned organization with no ability to issue passports ourselves. We are not responsible for any errors, losses or damages that you may incur whilst using this service, you use any of our services at your own risk and understand that any advice provided should not be considered professional advice.

We may contact you to ask if you are satisfied with such services, send you free email, sms and recorded phone call messages from ourselves and other companies in our group. We may pass information held on your passport and on related passport records to public and private sector organisations in the UK and abroad when you use your passport, obtain a service or when it is in the public interest to do so. You can unsubscribe, complain or change your communication preferences at any time by visiting: xxxxxxx

This is the current terms for applications

Using this form will submit the personal details required for us to complete the UK Passport Application & Renewal Form on your behalf. Through our service we will advise you of any errors or mistakes that you submit before moving the details over to Her Majesty’s Passport Office’s paper 04 application form. This will then be posted to you for you to sign and then return to the Passport Office with the supporting documents and two passport photographs.

This form is not suitable for those travelling within the next 4 weeks if you are renewing a British passport or travelling within 6 weeks if this is a first ever British passport. If you require a passport within 1 day or 1 week you should use the Premium or Fast Track Services. Your application can be delayed if non-compliant forms, photographs and supporting documents are provided. Submitting this form in no way guarantees you a British Passport. If you are applying for your first adult passport, a passport for someone aged 16 or under, or you were born outside the UK, you will need to fill in a section of this online form that asks for your parent's details.

You are responsible for ensuring that the applicant is eligible for a British Passport before using this form. This online application form is available for the convenience of the user and is provided by British Passport Services (t/a UK Services & Support Ltd) who are not affiliated with Her Majesty’s Passport Office or any government department as we are an unaccredited, privately owned organization with no authority to issue passports ourselves. We are not responsible for any errors, losses or damages that you may incur whilst using this service and that all services are used at own risk.

The £86.00 service fee you pay our independent organisation for this service is non-refundable and is payment for use of our online booking form, a passport advisor checking the details you entered for through the online form for any errors or omission, moving the details over to the 04 form, a 30 minute consultation with a senior passport advisor, Emergency Travel Document Card and free postage to send your application to the Passport Office. This fee is due within 72hrs of completing the form. Should payment not arrive within this time frame then you expressly agree that we can add overdue invoice charges at the rates found at: xxxxxxxx to your account until the balance has been cleared in full.

All funds paid to us do not reduce the passport fee which is still due to Her Majesty’s Passport Office. An adult passport costs £72.50 and is £46 for a child passport. You will need to pay this via cheque, postal order or card when sending the signed application to Her Majesty's Passport Office in the post. You can avoid our services and charges by contacting Her Majesty's Passport Office directly on: 0300 222 0000 or through www.Gov.uk

As part of the package you also receive the following free services such a twenty per cent discount offered by our travel insurance partner, voucher for 4 passport photographs at our Wimbledon studio or sent to us via email, price freeze on passport prices where the applicants next passport is guaranteed not to cost more than 2014’s prices and access to our form translation service.

By using our services you expressly agree that we may commence provision of the service immediately upon receipt of this form, consequently once the work has been completed there will no longer be any option to cancel your order. Due to the nature of this service you expressly agree to forfeit your 14 day cooling off period/cancellation rights provided by the Consumer Contract Regulations 2013.

Should you wish to cancel you need to call our cancellation helpline on 02036000145 and entering your 5 digit cancellation code/applicant ID, contacting us via our head office UK Services & Support Ltd, Suite 36, 88-90 Hatton Green, London, EC1N 9PG or emailing: cancel@britishpassportservices.org.uk. If work has not yet begun then the contract can be cancelled at no charge. Should you cancel before all paid services have been performed then you will be eligible for a partial refund. If the work has been completed in full then the £86.00 fee will be due in full.

You expressly agree that should you miss your telephone consultation appointment then the service will be marked as redeemed as we would not be able to recoup the time the senior agent set aside in their diary for your call. Should the application not be received in the post then it is agreed that we will arrange for a replacement to be sent at our expense. You agree that failure of the postage system is out of our control and does not warrant a refund on the service fee that you pay us.

We may contact you to ask if you are satisfied with such services, send you free email, sms and recorded phone call messages from ourselves and other companies in our group. We may pass information held on your passport and on related passport records to public and private sector organisations in the UK and abroad when you use your passport, obtain a service or when it is in the public interest to do so. You can unsubscribe, complain or change your communication preferences at any time by visiting: xxxxxxxx
                        #staysafestayhome

Comment

• Re: UK Services & Support Ltd Passport Scam

Just going back to this for a second, the registration number was granted to them when they were called Passport Services Worldwide Ltd and are listed as travel agents. Can they just keep the same number even though they have changed their name and business description to information technology services?

Comment

If they have changed legal entity they'd need to re register but they have just changed their name so think it's okay.

To be honest DPA registration is pretty pointless. But complaints to the ICO help put on the pressure.
                            #staysafestayhome

Comment

Originally posted by enaid View Post
                              Did that one have your signature on it?
                              Yes the contract they have sent with court papers has my digital signature on it. Also when they have sent one of the money chasing emails it has a link to the evidence of my contract which is a screen shots of my contract and copies of the emails they sent, that is where I noticed the big time difference of them sending things to my computer receiving them.

Comment

Well Mr Howard , you have been a busy boy haven't you.
                                Any opinions I give are my own. Any advice I give is without liability. If you are unsure, please seek qualified legal advice.

IF WE HAVE HELPED YOU PLEASE CONSIDER UPGRADING TO VIP - click here

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X