• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

UK Services & Support Ltd BRITISHPassportServices Copycat Website issues DISCUSSION

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UK Services & Support Ltd BRITISHPassportServices Copycat Website issues DISCUSSI

I am due to appear in the small claims court at Buxton at 1400 on 29th September, I received the original summons via the county court business centre 9th March 15, and I have to say I almost ignored that but decided to seek advice and was told to respond, which I did. I did reply and lodged my defence making the following points.

I did not request any of the so called services form this organisation;
    I did not sign or agree to any of the services from this organisation;
    I did not make a request through my computer to this organisation.

The original claim was made by British Passport Services, but the county court summons is from UK Services and Support.

I was due to fly to Egypt on 24 September 2014 and upon getting to the check in desk, discovered my passport was missing, they told me to go to the info desk who advised me to go to the Liverpool passport office immediately as they could issue me a passport that day/or next day, which is what I did. I had been working in Carlisle a few days before and my passport was definitely in the folder with the rest of my travel documents as I had done the final online check in and input passport details, I had stayed with my daughter in Scotland for a night so asked her to check my room to see if the passport was there, which it wasn't.

Passport office advised me that to get my passport quickly I needed a crime number from Carlisle Police, which I did get, the paperwork was actioned and I received my new passport at 0900 on the 25 September, drove like a lunatic to Manchester and was put on the next Thomson flight to Egypt.

It was when I returned, approximately 2-3 weeks after my holiday that I started to get telephone calls about my unpaid passport fee, the woman on the phone was quite aggressive stating that I had signed a contract, which I asked for a copy of, and gave my address for them to send to me, she advised that I had better get a good solicitor etc. When I received to document it was a scrawl seemingly done via a mouse, definitely not mine and definitely not by me.

I did some internet investigation, decided that it was a scam, blocked the number on my phone that they were using to phone me daily, and ignored everything until the County Court Business Centre communication.

I almost paid up to stop the harassment, but didn't, my daughter admitted that she had been on what she thought was the passport office website to try and help me, but that the site had crashed after she had put in some of my details, which is how they got my phone number but nothing else, no email address, no bank details and she is adamant that she didn't click on anything to say that she agreed to T&Cs.

Comment

• Re: UK Services & Support Ltd BRITISHPassportServices Copycat Website issues DISCUSSI

Hi and welcome.

Firstly please e-mail us a copy of the claim form and the defence you filed to admin@legalbeagles.info putting 'bbj690 v BPS' as the subject.

We'll move your thread into a more private area of the forum where we can help you. In the meantime read this http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...455#post522455

Don't worry, we've won all 22 of the hearings we've helped people with so far.

EDIT just seen your other thread http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...sport-services
      Last edited by EXC; 27th August 2015, 16:24:PM.

Comment

Originally posted by EXC View Post
        Hi and welcome.

Firstly please e-mail us a copy of the claim form and the defence you filed to admin@legalbeagles.info putting 'bbj690 v BPS' as the subject.

We'll move your thread into a more private area of the forum where we can help you. In the meantime read this http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...455#post522455

Don't worry, we've won all 22 of the hearings we've helped people with so far.

EDIT just seen your other thread http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...sport-services
        Hi emailed before I'd read this, put British passport services as the subject (1st email and more stuff 2nd email) and attached scanned copies of the paperwork I received, hope this is ok

Joe

Comment

It appears Mr Howard is unable to pay his hearing fee for the remaining few cases and is discontinuing them. So if your case is coming up soon, it might be worth checking with the court..

This is the current count...

BPS Winners

WON IN COURT
          IvanIdea666 .... AlexYates .... Koujar .... AvidUser .... Tyke1601 ..... Magoo .... Dandeogden .... Pagibig ..... Scammed ... cdes9194 ... BugandFudge... Hendrix ... Malcom24 ... Mike2015 .... Windy ... MANDID ..... Rebecca Smith ..... Maude123 ... sbellhog .... peterpiper ... Drin .... StickyIcky ........

DISCONTINUED
          Didactosaurus ... 123456 .... QueenofHearts ..... Yokohama.... Lind01 .... Meg123 .... Goli

SET-ASIDE
          Helmbarrie (waiting for full hearing date)

LOST

BPS forthcoming Hearings

22nd September - Enas
          25th September - Amber1
          29th September - BBJ690

Also it seems that the finance situation with Mr Howard means he can't pay those who did win their cases and had costs awarded against them. All I can suggest on that side of things is to keep in contact with Trading Standards. This is the slow bit, waiting for their case to come to court, which isn't going to be for another year.

Still we have seemingly stopped him bringing new court claims against people, although his website appears to still be operating, we kinda have to trust that TS are taking all the action they can - we haven't heard of any new cases for a good while now
          #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

I spoke to TS last week and was told they are taking him to court in early Oct this year is that just to charge him and then the case will take a year to go to court is that what you mean Amethyst? I am owed costs but happy to wait it out, hope they get the book thrown at them all involved and their worlds fall apart.

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
              It appears Mr Howard is unable to pay his hearing fee for the remaining few cases
              Oh boo hoo. lol

Comment

A bit late but here's an account of our member peterpiper70's hearing in court last month.

So here goes.

First thing I was told was by the usher that the court had got notification the other party would not be attending. Due to that he said the judge would probably see me pretty quickly, which he did.

So I entered the room, exchanged pleasantries (as much as you can with a judge!) and took to my seat.
                The judge proceeded to reaffirm that the other party was not attending but that they had sent him some paperwork to look through. He seemed to take about 10 secs flicking through it and then asked me if the copy of the website he had in his hand was the one I visited. I looked at it, said it was and noted that it was one submitted by UKPS to the judge that had various bits highlighted to justify their case.

He quoted a couple of the highlighted bits such as the wording and the picture of a passport then asked me my version of events.

I told him that I googled the site as I needed a new passport urgently and that the ukps one came on top. After filling in my details I then realised it was a copycat site and closed down the browser. I then started to receive texts asking for money which I replied to. The rest was a rough rough series of the events really.

Anyway he then said he agreed with me that the site was a copycat site and that he too thought it was misleading. He was going to rule in my favour.

That's was it!!

All that was left was for me to ask for costs. He asked how much I would be losing so I said about £150 for the day after tax but he said he believed the maximum award for a days loss of earnings was £90 which he awarded me.
                Wahoo. In and out in 7 mins and a big middle finger up to that robbing stealing as**ole.

All that's left for me to say is a massive massive thank you to Amethyst and all the other people who have helped me on this forum and all the people that sent good luck messages over the last few days. Its all very much appreciated.

And to all the other people who are still waiting for their hearing I say go and enjoy the experience. Its really fulfilling when you walk out there with a beaming smile knowing you have got one over UKPS and their robbing boss.

Regards and thanks again

Comment

Hi guys,

Just a quick note to say I've just had a call from the BBC.

My case (and I think a few others?) will be featured on the BBC's rip off Britain show at 9.15am on Thursday 24th September.

Gotta love a bit of daytime TV.

Alex

Comment

Awesome Alex.

Any links yet? I shall do my best to get maximum coverage of that over the consumer forums and media this has been highlighted in.

Comment

Originally posted by AlexYates View Post
                      Hi guys,

Just a quick note to say I've just had a call from the BBC.

My case (and I think a few others?) will be featured on the BBC's rip off Britain show at 9.15am on Thursday 24th September.

Gotta love a bit of daytime TV.

Alex
                      http://www.radiotimes.com/episode/ds...-7---episode-9

Presenters Gloria Hunniford, Angela Rippon and Julia Somerville report on a problematic passport website

Comment

Thanks.

Also now here

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b06dww6c

Angela Rippon, Gloria Hunniford and Julia Somerville uncover a new twist to the problems hundreds of viewers have had with passport websites that aren't what they seem. Refuse to pay the charges of one of them, and you could end up in court.

Comment

Just a reminder to watch Rip Off Britain at 9.15 this morning.

Comment

Lol. He couldn't even write 'featured'.

http://www.britishpassportservices.co.uk/
                            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by EXC View Post
                              Lol. He couldn't even write 'featured'.

http://www.britishpassportservices.co.uk/
                              Ahh ha ha ha - you have to admire his gaul.
                              #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

http://www.bbc.co.uk/branding

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X