• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

UK Services & Support Ltd BRITISHPassportServices Copycat Website issues DISCUSSION

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UK Services & Support Ltd BRITISHPassportServices Copycat Website issues DISCUSSI

Congratulations to [MENTION=63644]Rebecca Smith[/MENTION]; More details later xxx ( She got the set aside costs and costs for the day )

18 - nil
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

• Re: UK Services & Support Ltd BRITISHPassportServices Copycat Website issues DISCUSSI

MAKE IT 19-Nil

It lasted all of 5 minutes!

It seems Mr Howard the legal mega brain has learned nothing from the previous 18 as he didn't even manage to send the correct paperwork to the Court to tell them he wasn't coming!

Anyone else worried about taking this fool on, just don't be. I'm surprised he manages to tie his own shoelaces.

Thanks for all your help Legal Beagles, you're the best!

Comment

Well done Maude really pleased for you x

ps any costs awarded?

Comment

Originally posted by Maude123 View Post
          MAKE IT 19-Nil

It seems Mr Howard the legal mega brain has learned nothing from the previous 18 as he didn't even manage to send the correct paperwork to the Court to tell them he wasn't coming!

Anyone else worried about taking this fool on, just don't be. I'm surprised he manages to tie his own shoelaces.

Whooohoooo ! Well done

Thank you for letting us know I love this clean score sheet
          #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Originally posted by Maude123 View Post
            MAKE IT 19-Nil

Well done - Let us know the juicy details, especially what the judge had to say about it
            Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Always seek the advice of an insured qualified professional. All my legal and nonlegal knowledge comes from either here (LB),my own personal research and experience and/or as the result of necessity as an Employer and Businessman.

By using my advice in any form, you agreed to waive all rights to hold myself or any persons representing myself of any liability.

If you PM me, make sure to include a link to your thread as I don't give out advice in private. All PMs that are sent in missuse (including but not limited to phishing, spam) of the PM application and/or PMs that are threatening or abusive will be reported to the Site Team and if necessary to the police and/or relevant Authority.

I AM SO GOING TO GET BANNED BY CEL FOR POSTING terrible humour POSTS.

The Governess; 6th March 2012 GRRRRRR

Comment

Good luck to Sharon who is in court this afternoon against the dear Mr Howard xx

Just by way of background...
              Originally posted by sharon
              I needed to get 3 passports very quickly last year and was panicking so went online to see how I could get an appointment at the Passport Office in Durham quickly......and went onto thier website - well what I thought was the official site!! When I was asked to sign at the bottom of the questionnaire that you have to fill out I started getting suspicious, but I fell for it!! I realised it was a con and contacted the real passport office and got an appointment fro the next day - I then tried to email BPS to cancel their service - it did not allow me to text back! I tried to telephone them on several occasions but could not get through. I then started to get texts and emails sent, even late at night and I was unable to answer them. I emailed them during office hours asking them to stop sending me numerous emails and texts but my email was not acknowledged - I mentioned that they indicated their office hourse so how were they able to send texts and emails late at night - some of them being quite aggressive and worrying - no acknowlegement!!?

I rang the office number on numerous occasions and eventually got throught to the Manchester number and spoke to a young lady who would only say 'how would you like to pay?', when I asked to speak to the manager she informed me he was not in; when i asked about texts/emails being sent in the late hours she hung up on me - several times I tried when I was at work and from my office where 2 colleagues were present and heard what was being said. I then tried a london number (the managers office?!) on several occasions but did not get an answer. I called Manchester office again and said I would pay by cheque but the young lady told me I could only pay be card! It is very obvious that this is not a legitmate company.

Current status: I have recieved documentation from the small claims court and have been asked if I would like to attend mediation (this will probably be in Northants and I live in South Shields). I need to post the form back today to confirm whether or not I do want mediation but I am going to say No as by the time I pay for travel to Northants I may as well pay the claimant (Richard Howard) - I am not at all happy to pay anything on principle but I feel 'my hands are tied'!!

This has been going on since last August 2014!
              I am now going to contact LegalBeagles who are also mentioned in your report - the report is excellent and I do hope lots of people realise the 'scam' because of it.

I do hope this scam stops as it is very upsetting for people/families and very expensive - I do not understand how the watchdogs and government allow this to happen?!?!
              #staysafestayhome

Comment

the judge said 'the consumer did not have a fair and equitable opportunity to cancel the contract
                Last edited by Amethyst; 8th August 2015, 08:25:AM.
                #staysafestayhome

Comment

There is nothing to tell really. We went into Court and sat down and the Judge said that he had notified them that he was not attending but he had not filled the paperwork in correctly so she was of a mind to dismiss his case. She asked Maude if she would like to tell her anything, so she nervously began laying out why she wasn't responible to pay anything. She struggled a little as to understand what exactly the Judge wanted her to say so she put her out of her misery and dismissed it. Just like that. 14 month fight ended without a punch being thrown!

There was no mention of costs as it was over so quickly!

Comment

Bless her. Well done to you both, and to your Judge : ) Shame about the costs doesn't feel fair after such a long time dealing with the stress of all this - I would guess Maude will be treble checking the website she's on before filling in any forms from now on xx It's an experience anyway, and you can put it behind you, and be proud that you stood up to the sh*thead, unlike around 94% of people who received a court claim ! I'm sure everyone that has now been through it can understand why so many people just pay up.... but sadly that's exactly what his business model counts on.

So WELL DONE to EVERYONE that has stuck with this over the last, well, at least 8 months, for most of you !

And THANK YOU !
                    #staysafestayhome

Comment

1. BPS Winners

WON IN COURT
                        IvanIdea666 .... AlexYates .... Koujar .... AvidUser .... Tyke1601 ..... Magoo .... Dandeogden .... Pagibig ..... Scammed ... cdes9194 ... BugandFudge... Hendrix ... Malcom24 ... Mike2015 .... Windy ... MANDID ..... Rebecca Smith ..... Maude123 ... sbellhog ....

DISCONTINUED
                        Didactosaurus ... 123456 .... QueenofHearts ..... Yokohama

LOST
                        BPS forthcoming Hearings

13th August - PeterPiper
                        19th August - HelmBarrie
                        20th August - Lind01
                        21st August - Flutterby
                        21st August - Ikram
                        17th September - Meg123
                        25th September - Amber1
                      #staysafestayhome

Comment

Didn't really think for 1 minute he would have paid them anyway! Can't for the life of me understand why he pays to go to court and to send all the useless documents across to us, only to bail at the last minute though!

We had a chimnea court document burning party last evening which included a bottle of local champagne (cider) each to celebrate.

Thanks once again to all of your team for all the invaluable assistance and moral support you have provided which has kept us on the right track to victory.

Good luck to the rest of the people waiting in line to shaft him and also to the Trading Standards team waiting to throw him in jail!

Comment

That sounds like a perfect celebration

PeterPiper won their case today, and Richard H has discontinued Lind01's case - there are 5 cases to go, but no new 'victims' coming forwards, so hopefully that is pretty much the end of the court claiming malarky now.

BPS Winners

WON IN COURT
                          IvanIdea666 .... AlexYates .... Koujar .... AvidUser .... Tyke1601 ..... Magoo .... Dandeogden .... Pagibig ..... Scammed ... cdes9194 ... BugandFudge... Hendrix ... Malcom24 ... Mike2015 .... Windy ... MANDID ..... Rebecca Smith ..... Maude123 ... sbellhog .... peterpiper ...

DISCONTINUED
                          Didactosaurus ... 123456 .... QueenofHearts ..... Yokohama.... Lind01 ....

LOST

BPS forthcoming Hearings

19th August - HelmBarrie // 21st August - Flutterby // 21st August - Ikram // 17th September - Meg123 // 25th September - Amber1 //
                          #staysafestayhome

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
                            PeterPiper won their case today, and Richard H has discontinued Lind01's case - there are 5 cases to go, but no new 'victims' coming forwards, so hopefully that is pretty much the end of the court claiming malarky now.
                            Perhaps he's run out of money? I wonder how much he's spent issuing claims he can't win... :noidea: I guess others who haven't come here may have paid or just not responded and he obtained default judgment. :mmph:

Comment

Well there's still around 700-800 people who had default judgment or settled his court claim rather than defending. And of course around all those thousands of people who didn't get to the court claim stage and either paid at the beginning or when the letters/calls started. From Richard Howards side, it's cost him £25 a claim, and in the 20 cases where costs where awarded about £3k overall, so court claims issued up to end of March (772) has cost him about £19k - if we guess 700 paid up average of £180 that's £126k. so about £104k profit. Not bad odds.

There has been one set aside - the cost up front just makes it disproportionate risk to paying the judgment I'm guessing. Claims are about £180 and a set aside app is £155 plus two court hearings ( and when it goes up to £255 there's going to be no hope of people applying to set aside these kind of claims !)
                              #staysafestayhome

Comment

It's good we get all those wins but scary to think how much money he makes!!! I am going to chase him for the money he owes me out of principal!!!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X