• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

UK Services & Support Ltd BRITISHPassportServices Copycat Website issues DISCUSSION

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UK Services & Support Ltd BRITISHPassportServices Copycat Website issues DISCUSSI

Live Chat on BPS is not online either - Bear in mind it will take a few days for the site to be shut down if its hosted via a third party hosting company and not via their own servers!
    Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Always seek the advice of an insured qualified professional. All my legal and nonlegal knowledge comes from either here (LB),my own personal research and experience and/or as the result of necessity as an Employer and Businessman.

By using my advice in any form, you agreed to waive all rights to hold myself or any persons representing myself of any liability.

If you PM me, make sure to include a link to your thread as I don't give out advice in private. All PMs that are sent in missuse (including but not limited to phishing, spam) of the PM application and/or PMs that are threatening or abusive will be reported to the Site Team and if necessary to the police and/or relevant Authority.

I AM SO GOING TO GET BANNED BY CEL FOR POSTING terrible humour POSTS.

The Governess; 6th March 2012 GRRRRRR

Comment

• Re: UK Services & Support Ltd BRITISHPassportServices Copycat Website issues DISCUSSI

Just a thought...

Just assuming that BPS was one of those raided, and RH was arrested, charged and convicted of fraud, could any/all of his victims pursue compensation claims against him - even those who settled or have CCJ's against them?

Comment

If it were he and it went to him being charged and convicted then yes those with CCJ's may have a good case to apply to have those Judgments set aside, and if people have paid they may be able to obtain a refund. Whether through the company or through their credit card company.

However it's just supposition until the names of those arrested and the website closed down is named, so everyone dealing with a court claim should carry on as before.

As soon as anything official is known to us we will let people know.
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

In the meantime, if you receive any contact from British Passport Services, UK Services & Support, Richard Howard or any of his employees let us know as soon as possible. If it was him/them then I assume any bail conditions would prevent any direct or indirect contact with customers/victims without authority from Trading Standards.
          Any opinions I give are my own. Any advice I give is without liability. If you are unsure, please seek qualified legal advice.

IF WE HAVE HELPED YOU PLEASE CONSIDER UPGRADING TO VIP - click here

Comment

It's official.

National Trading Standards confirmed it had arrested five individuals alleged to be behind the British Passport Services website, releasing them on bail pending further enquiries. The resulting cheers from our offices could be heard throughout London.
            One of the five arrested was Richard Howard, director of UK Services & Support Limited
            http://www.dailymail.co.uk/money/com...nt-police.html

Comment

Originally posted by EXC View Post
              Bloody hell....
              #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

:bounce::grin:

Comment

Came back from holiday last night and that is the best news to come back to

Comment

Hope you had a lovely break xxx This news should make week on tuesday a bit easier xxx
                    #staysafestayhome

Comment

Absolutely so what wil happen to the person going to court tomorrow? You still have to go to court in front of a judge but tell them RH has been arrested pending charges? And therefore will I have to do the same?

Comment

You can mention that he is under investigation by Trading Standards, but the civil cases will proceed as normal.

We should have the ASA appeal adjudication Wednesday too which hopefully will help back up the misleading website argument.
                        #staysafestayhome

Comment

Omg crying with elation here, speachless! Well done everybody. I hope he squirms and flounders in that interview room to try and talk his way out of knowing what he's done. Legal Beagles, Jeff Prestridge and all of you are bloody amazing xx

Comment

nij2e.jpg
                            hahahaha
                            crazy council ( as in local council,NELC ) as a member of the public, i don't get mad, i get even

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
                              We should have the ASA appeal adjudication Wednesday too which hopefully will help back up the misleading website argument.
                              In current circumstances I think that the final ruling has gained importance now. If ASA uphold the adjudication I would imagine that prosecuting Howard would be that much easier.

It's certainly going to make for interesting reading.

Comment

Any news on the court case today?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X