• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

UK Services & Support Ltd BRITISHPassportServices Copycat Website issues DISCUSSION

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UK Services & Support Ltd BRITISHPassportServices Copycat Website issues DISCUSSI

On the pay now button part - it really isn't as straight forward - in signing the contract you are alledgedly agreeing to make payment within 72 hrs by one of a variety of available methods, so I wouldn't get overly confident on that side - we are against quite a poor 'opponent' and doing well at the moment on the first argument. Of course there are a huge amount of other legal reasons the contract is invalid and as such as is the promise to pay within 72 hours. Also remember quite a number of people did pay and then reclaim via their card providers. The next few cases though are 'clicked away from the site before paying' defences, including Magoo on Friday

Just making sure people aren't focussing on a single aspect - all the defences and skeleton arguments differ dependent on all the circumstances of each case.
    Last edited by Amethyst; 2nd June 2015, 08:31:AM.
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

• Re: UK Services & Support Ltd BRITISHPassportServices Copycat Website issues DISCUSSI

Originally posted by tyke1601 View Post
      Hopefully it won't come to enforcement, however, my preferred route would be via a Statutory Demand. If he's determined not to pay at least we can start moves to wind up his company though I do like the idea of bailiff + camera crew + Jeff Prestridge!
      Was Jeff quite pleased yesterday btw? I haven't spoken to him since.
      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

distant selling reg!s cover this ?

Comment

Have a read of Tyke's skeleton argument. http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...667#post548667 (sorry VIPs only at the minute)
          #staysafestayhome

Comment

Originally posted by teaboy2 View Post
            Well if he doesn't pay up in time, then time to send in the court bailiffs along with a TV crew so we can all watch it on TV and have a good chuckle at RH's expense lol

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
              Was Jeff quite pleased yesterday btw? I haven't spoken to him since.
              He was absolutely ecstatic!

Comment

Thought he might be

Just found this on someones contract

Cheeky sods.
                Attached Files
                #staysafestayhome

Comment

A classic Unfair contract term!

Comment

Fantastic news and well done!

My judge said that according to the regs RH uses to justify the immediate start of work and cancellation stuff that the regs expressly state that he is not allowed to make cancelling complicated and that any reasonable efforts to cancel should be sufficient, including a simple phone call like I made.

[MENTION=6]Amethyst[/MENTION], let me know if you think it is worth me making a claim for compensation and I certainly will. 😊

Comment

On the damages/compensation side of things, it can really only be done for cases where agreements were ''signed'' post October 2014 as that is when the The Consumer Protection (Amendment) Regulations 2014 came into force and gave consumers the right of redress for misleading behaviour.

Prior to then there could be a possibility of small damages for breaches of data protection - following Vidal Hall v Google ( ie no actual damage needs to have been caused just the potential for damage ) but that's a bit more complex and would need looking at fully as a stand alone claim.

We'll have a clearer idea after we receive the transcript from yours and Tyke's case.
                      #staysafestayhome

Comment

Anyone noticed that the URL linked to on this page http://www.britishpassportservices.c...n-request.html (www.passportdisputes.co.uk) doesn't actually lead to www.passportdisputes.co.uk but redirects to a different page on the www.britishpassportservices.co.uk website for making a complaint?

Thats misleading, as it leads people to think their is a formal third party dispute resolution process. When the domain www.passportdisputes.co.uk isn't even a registered of valid domain name either.

Ohh and thats on RH's cancellation page!

Ohh and his site needs to be reported to the ICO for failing to comply with EU cookie law, i.e. failing to give site visitors the right to accept of refuse the use of cookies. I.e. think of pop up appearing when you first visit a site asking you if you accept!
                        Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Always seek the advice of an insured qualified professional. All my legal and nonlegal knowledge comes from either here (LB),my own personal research and experience and/or as the result of necessity as an Employer and Businessman.

By using my advice in any form, you agreed to waive all rights to hold myself or any persons representing myself of any liability.

If you PM me, make sure to include a link to your thread as I don't give out advice in private. All PMs that are sent in missuse (including but not limited to phishing, spam) of the PM application and/or PMs that are threatening or abusive will be reported to the Site Team and if necessary to the police and/or relevant Authority.

I AM SO GOING TO GET BANNED BY CEL FOR POSTING terrible humour POSTS.

The Governess; 6th March 2012 GRRRRRR

Comment

advertising standards

Comment

• Re: UK Services & Support Ltd BRITISHPassportServices Copycat Website issues

Judgment in the Cambridge County Court 7th May 2015 - http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...oved-Judgement
                            #staysafestayhome

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
                              Judgment in the Cambridge County Court 7th May 2015 - http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...oved-Judgement
                              Everyone who has any interest in BPS should read this ^^^

Comment

If any one is in ANY doubt that this is a MASSIVE issue - this is the number of court claims Mr Howard has bought through the County Court since mid November, up to the end of March 2015.

....yes, that is over 772 claims ... and that is 73% of people DID NOT DEFEND.

.....who knows what he did in April and May, we can't find out until Septmeber.
                                Attached Files
                                #staysafestayhome

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X