• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum. If this is your first visit to LegalBeagles and you need assistance then you can ask a question here;
    Create a Thread
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Copycat website scammers sentenced - TAD Services

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Copycat website scammers sentenced - TAD Services

From TSecrime ( http://www.tradingstandardsecrime.or...website-fraud/ )
    • Peter Hall (age 47 of Homestead Road, Medstead, Alton, Hampshire) was sentenced to 8 years and 8 months in prison. Mr Hall also received a further 1 year and 4 months in relation to a previous suspended sentence following a conviction for fraud.
    • Claire Hall (age 41 of Homestead Road, Medstead, Alton, Hampshire) was sentenced to 4 years in prison.
    • Syed Bilal Zaidi (aged 35 formerly of Broad Street, Arlesford, Hampshire) was sentenced to 6 years in prison in his absence and his whereabouts are currently unknown.
    • Collette Ferrow (aged 50 of Longmead, Liss, Hampshire) was sentenced to 4 years in prison
    • Liam Hincks (aged 28 of St Albans Heights, Tanyfron, Wrexham, Clwyd) pleaded guilty before the trial began and was sentenced to 3 years.

The March 2018 trial (which ended today) resulted in the followed sentences:
    • Peter Hall (age 47 of Homestead Road, Medstead, Alton, Hampshire) was sentenced to 5 years in prison. He was also disqualified as company director for 10 years.
    • Kerry Mills (age 49 of Hillsborough Park, Camberley, Surrey) was sentenced to 5 years in prison. She was also disqualified as a company director for 8 years.
    • Liam Michael Murray Hincks (aged 28 of St Albans Heights, Tanyfron, Wrexham, Clwyd) pleaded guilty before the trial began and will be sentenced at a later date.
    Lord Toby Harris, Chair of National Trading Standards, said:

Citizens Advice consumer service by calling 03454 04 05 06

Mike Andrews from the National Trading Standards eCrime Team said:

GOV.UK website when looking to apply for any kind of government service such as a passport, driving licence or EHIC card. Search engines may seem the easiest route but searching using the GOV.UK

Councillor Andrew Lee of North Yorkshire County Council, said:

GOV.UK

Councillor Ann Reid of City of York Council, said:

The investigation into this case was led by the National Trading Standards eCrime Team, which is hosted by North Yorkshire County Council, in partnership with the National Trading Standards Yorkshire and Humber Regional Investigations Team, which is hosted by City of York Council.

In handing down his sentences in September 2017 His Honour Judge Sean Morris said:

In handing down his sentences in March 2018 His Honour Judge Sean Morris said:

Claire Hall (age 41 of Homestead Road, Medstead, Alton, Hampshire) and Andrew Baker (age 46 of Gascoigne Lane, Ropley, Hampshire) both stood trial as part of the March 2018 trial but were found not guilty.

The Advertising Standards Authority previously found websites run by the defendants to be misleading. Commenting on the convictions and sentences handed down ASA Chief Executive Guy Parker said:

#staysafestayhome

We may not win by protesting, but if we don't protest we will lose. If we stand up to them, there is always a chance we will win.
    Hetty Bower

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps
    Tags: None

Couple more sentences handed down...

Liam Michael Murray Hincks (aged 29, of Tanyfron, Wrexham, Clwyd) received 11 months in prison after pleading guilty to Conspiracy to Defraud, and Doing Acts Tending and Intended to Perverting the Course of Justice. This sentence is in addition to the 3 year prison sentenced he received after pleaded guilty to previous offences in a July 2017 trial.

Caroline Gowans (aged 53, of Petersfield, Hampshire) was handed a 2 year suspended prison sentence after pleading guilty to Unauthorised Misuse of a Trademark belonging to the DVLA and Money Laundering.

FINAL DEFENDANTS SENTENCED IN LANDMARK COPYCAT CASE

29/03/2018 by Stephen Forster

Lord Toby Harris, Chair of National Trading Standards, said:In handing down sentences His Honour Judge Sean Morris said:Councillor Nigel Ayre of City of York Council said:Councillor Andrew Lee of North Yorkshire County Council said:here.
    ***ENDS***
    #staysafestayhome

We may not win by protesting, but if we don't protest we will lose. If we stand up to them, there is always a chance we will win.
    Hetty Bower

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

https://www.nationaltradingstandards...ite-criminals/

Has something happened with TAD services more recently ? only thing I can see is someone incorporated an completely unrelated company with the same name ( slightly unfortunate - always google your new company name before committing to it!)
      #staysafestayhome

Hetty Bower

Comment

Bloody impressive sentences.

I like your pin shot
        I keep it with your letter
        Done up in blueprint blue
        It sure looks good on you
        And when you smile for the camera
        I know I'll love you better

Then the shutter falls
        You see it all in 3-D
        It's your favorite foreign movie

'Peg'

Donald Jay Fagen

Comment

They are bloody good. I haven't seen anything as to whether they did manage to pay up within the 3 months or not yet though..
          #staysafestayhome

Hetty Bower

Comment

https://www.amanetworks.com/managed-it-services-san-diego/ . After that, she began to behave more carefully on the Internet. I hope these guys will help you someday too
            Last edited by BearMonster7; 9th July 2020, 18:06:PM.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Online Scams

You can report online scams to Trading Standards via the Citizens Advice Consumer Helpline:

03454 04 05 06

Beware of COPYCAT Websites

Check you are on the OFFICIAL website before parting with any personal information or money.
            See more
            See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
            X