• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Gumtree Car Scam - Currently Active - October 3rd - Assistance Required

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Gumtree Car Scam - Currently Active - October 3rd - Assistance Required

Another Account just received by a near victim, thank you Fergus

Bank Name: TSB
    Account number: 00941760
    Sort code: 77-68-31
    Beneficiary Name: Thomas Cramer

Email yet again alice@btcentralpro.co.uk
    Any opinions I give are my own. Any advice I give is without liability. If you are unsure, please seek qualified legal advice.

IF WE HAVE HELPED YOU PLEASE CONSIDER UPGRADING TO VIP - click here

Comment

I have been in contact with 'Alice' since Friday with a lot of correspondence back and forth as I had lots of doubts due to her 'relocation' and I have obtained bank account - TSB in the name of Thomas Cramer (he's been dead a few years..) trying to scam me for £2700, also have paypal 'live chat' correspondence transcripts emailed to me ( also from 'Alice ' no doubt) very protracted correspondence and reassurance the my money would be safe in a TSB holding a/c....very clever scammers

Comment

[MENTION=55601]Ferg[/MENTION], exact thing happened to my dad! Shame he didnt research into it before hand :\

Comment

Which is why I have asked everyone who can to share the information here http://legalbeagles.info/scamaccounts/index.html in as many places as they can. If we can get the message out and all the warning signs then it will help prevent victims and encourage people to search first before sending money. 9/10 people who have fallen victim to this had that "gut feeling" something wasn't right and relied on the what they believed to be a genuine person to reassure them. The scammers are very clever and know how to press the right buttons, I urge anyone who has fallen victim not to be afraid to report it, I know you may feel foolish but you will not be judged. Better to walk away if you feel unsure, there are many other genuine cars out there for sale. The underlying message is

Always go see the vehicle and never send money to a seller you have not met.
          Any opinions I give are my own. Any advice I give is without liability. If you are unsure, please seek qualified legal advice.

Comment

I thought I was pretty savy with things like this, was nearly caught, just had niggling doubts which I kept prodding away looking for answers. The correspondence is very good and believable - horrible human beings. Really sorry your dad was deceived , hopefully he may recoup the money from the bank as it is plain and simple fraud

Comment

Alice at it again - sent me a new account to pay into a few minutes ago :

Dear

Thanks for using PayPal.
              The seller has requested the payment through PayPal and we offered to cover all the risks for you and the seller.
              It is our responsibility to inform Buyers about our Sellers. You are dealing with a verified PayPal member, protected by our PayPal services such as insurance and dispute resolution, and you may buy and sell with confidence in all eBay transactions with this seller.

You should proceed accordingly to complete the transaction in a safe manner.

The following is a notice from PayPal Trust & Safety Department regarding:

Item Title - 2007 HYUNDAI SANTA FE 7 SEATER
              Item Number - 170785154722
              Item Price - £2,700.00

Buy safely using eBay's Buyer Protection Program
              This vehicle is eligible for up to £10,000 in Buyer Protection when your transaction is completed through PayPal
              It may take a few moments for this transaction to appear in your account.
              For any questions contact PayPal Live Support by clicking here

Complete the transaction in 5 easy, secure and safe steps!
              1. eBay accepts the transaction and offers purchase protection to the buyer (if the transaction is declined, no further action is required from either the buyer or the seller);
              2. All information received will be processed by PayPal under the direct review of eBay Inc.
              3. The Buyer follows instructions and sends the payment to the assigned PayPal representative bank account.
              After the payment is cleared and verified by PayPal under the review of eBay Inc, it will be secured into a non-interest bearing trust account. Payment being secured, the Seller is notified by PayPal to deliver the vehicle to the Buyer. The Seller has 5 (five) business days to start the deliver procedure. The seller must deliver the vehicle for inspection along with the certificate of title, signed Bill of sale in the Buyer's name, all keys and all ownership documents. The vehicle must be delivered along with all documentation requested by the Buyer in order to allow him to change the registration in his name as soon as he will decide to accept it after the inspection period will be over.
              If no delivery procedure is started, a full refund is immediately sent to the Buyer.
              As soon as the delivery procedure will start, the Buyer should wait for the vehicle and documentation to be delivered.
              4. After the inspection period is over, the Buyer must contact PayPal with the result of the inspection of the vehicle.
              The Buyer receives the vehicle and has 5-7 (five-seven) business days to inspect it. The inspection period will not begin until PayPal has confirmed delivery of the vehicle by either Buyer’s or shipper’s notification.
              5. If he refuses it a full refund is immediately sent to the Buyer if the reason that determined the Buyer not to keep the vehicle is strictly related to the vehicle's condition i.e (different from what the seller has advertised, described and agreed to sell to you).
              The Seller will have the obligation to make all necessary arrangements in order to take the vehicle from Buyer’s possession in maximum 3 (three) business days.
              If the vehicle and documentation are as advertised, described and agreed, the Buyer should accept it. If the Buyer accepts the vehicle, the payment will be sent to the Seller within 3 (three) business days.
              How to proceed from this moment?
              The conventional method of transferring funds to a PayPal member cannot be used due to the large amount that must be paid.
              Payment must be submitted via bank transfer to the PayPal representative bank account assigned for this transaction. PayPal will secure the payment until the Buyer receives, inspects and accepts the vehicle. Or, if it is the case, PayPal will refund the payment to the Buyer.

Protecting the security of your payment is our primary concern.

PayPal representative Bank account* : Payment details:
              Bank Name: Barclays
              Account number: 33980960
              Sort code: 20-63-28
              Beneficiary Name: Wieslaw Stromecki

*Bacs, CHAPS and Faster Payments are accepted.
              Invoice#: 95188554
              Subtotal: £2,700.00
              Shipping(Free): £0.00

Deposit: £0.00

Total: £2,700.00

Consult your bank or financial institution for more information on how to complete a bank transfer. Please note that it is extremely important to use the exact details of the account. The beneficiary name must be as written above. Include "95188554" on the "reference" field of the bank transfer instructions. Failure to use the exact information as stated above will result in your bank transfer being returned to you at your own expense.

We recommend the online transfer system, because it saves a considerable amount of time.Online Banking saves you the trouble of going to a bank and wasting your valuable time (payments can also be made on the weekends). If this is your first time making an online transfer, please go to your bank’s website in order to read about the procedure.

The electronic transfer from bank to bank is considered to be the safest international payment method. The transfer data are transmitted through an encrypted communication channel.

CONFIDENTIALITY AND NON-DISCLOSURE AGREEMENT

* Do not disclose any information related to your PayPal purchase agreement to any third parties (i.e 1. your seller, 2. your bank)
              1. Of to where your funds are being sent.
              2. The actual reason the bank transfer is to be sent to your assigned representative.

Questions?

Please do not reply to this email. This mailbox is not monitored and you will not receive a response. For assistance, click here to enter PayPal Live Support

PayPal protects your bank account number the same way we protect your credit card number – it's not exposed to merchants when you pay.
              Once you transfer the payment to your assigned PayPal representative bank account as per the instructions and non-disclosure agreement above all your money will be fully guaranteed and fully protected.

This message is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged, confidential, and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. You are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender immediately and destroy this message.

Sincerely,
              PayPal

Copyright © 1999-2014 PayPal, Inc. or its Affiliates.
              All rights reserved.
              PayPal Email ID PP841
              Last edited by Tools; 12th November 2014, 21:05:PM. Reason: Highlighting main details for Mr Google

Comment

Nice work Fergus, have now passed that on to Barclays for closure, should be dead mid morning tomorrow.

If you fancy doing a little more baiting I will give you some tips when I email you, let's get as many of these accounts closed down as we can.

Comment

Game on, quite enjoying the fact they are getting stitched up and saving some one else misery from these scams - please email me details

Comment

Have emailed you some baiting tips Fergus, anyone else who would like to help feel free to message me, lets get as many accounts out of the bastards as possible

Comment

http://www.gumtree.com/p/campervans-...ion/1088778621

this is the same, at £5300 for a motorhome i thought it was a very cheap price so there must be something dodgy about it

Comment

Thanks Martin, already removed by Gumtree

Comment

This/these mugs tried to rip me off too, but luckily I smelt a rat. they did text me from this number if it's of any use ?

+447970175970

I believe the 07970 prefix is an original orange number so maybe had this number for some years or maybe contract phone, I don't know but I hope it leads somewhere to help people recover some of their loses.

I do not know how to post this message for everyone to read, if you could I'd be grateful Thank You
                          Last edited by ohnojohnjo; 15th November 2014, 12:56:PM. Reason: spelling mistake

Comment

Well done for spotting it, did they send you any bank account details at all?

Comment

And was it for this Motorhme?

Comment

I'm afraid I got no more details as I sent very abusive reply to them when I realised their game hence they've not been back in touch, vehicle I was looking at was 2009 VW Transporter Shuttle

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X