• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Fraud - Lloyds Bank confusion??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fraud - Lloyds Bank confusion??

Good Afternoon,

I have an issue with Lloyds Bank. Fraud Team is investigating Debit Card transactions that I didn't authorise. Now it also involves internal transactions. The team that is dealing with the internal fraud has determined it was fraud but the other team are still investigating. I am confused how can one team be so quick and the other not? Also the refund side on the FCA it states that it should be given immediately but Lloyds say not until the investigation is complete. Is this wrong? Sorry forgot to mention that It's online fraud. Somehow a RAT took over my Laptop and 2 malware and several viruses. They keylogged my passwords for different accounts and from what I can gather from my ISP they masked as me so my IP is showing only. I also asked if Virgin Media have any proof that I can use to support my issue but they say there's nothing. Sorry guys but any help is appreciated.
    Last edited by loulouxx; 1st May 2014, 12:40:PM.
    Tags: None

Re: Fraud - Lloyds Bank confusion??

Good Afternoon,

I have an issue with Lloyds Bank. Fraud Team is investigating Debit Card transactions that I didn't authorise. Now it also involves internal transactions. The team that is dealing with the internal fraud has determined it was fraud but the other team are still investigating. I am confused how can one team be so quick and the other not? Also the refund side on the FCA it states that it should be given immediately but Lloyds say not until the investigation is complete. Is this wrong? Sorry forgot to mention that It's online fraud. Somehow a RAT took over my Laptop and 2 malware and several viruses. They keylogged my passwords for different accounts and from what I can gather from my ISP they masked as me so my IP is showing only. I also asked if Virgin Media have any proof that I can use to support my issue but they say there's nothing. Sorry guys but any help is appreciated.

Hi loulou,

Did they say what the external online transactions were to and did they also say what the internal transactions were?

The reason the internal investigation has been cleared up quickly is that they will be 100% certain you have not made those transactions. The external ones will need further investigation and so take longer.

The internal transactions should be refunded immediately, the others should be refunded once they have seen they were not made by you. How did you find out about the transactions, did you spot them when checking yourself or did they contact you to check?

Have you managed to clear the malware and viruses from your laptop and what anti-virus/malware software do you have installed? Do you know what led your laptop to be infected, was it via a link in an email, visiting a website or by downloading something?
    Any opinions I give are my own. Any advice I give is without liability. If you are unsure, please seek qualified legal advice.

IF WE HAVE HELPED YOU PLEASE CONSIDER UPGRADING TO VIP - click here

Comment

Re: Fraud - Lloyds Bank confusion??

They are for gambling sites that I haven't used since mid 2013, iTunes, paypal and amazon. I think it must have been a pop that came up it looked exactly like Microsoft's (I use their anti virus for Windows 8.1) They've been used on sites where the card was already saved by me. I spoke to fraud and she said it's been rejected as fraud because whoever it was hasn't gained anything. I have lodged a formal complaint about disputes becuase when I first called I was brushed off and no advice given nothing. They gave me an incorrect email to send all my information which was wrong! It took 3days just to get a new card and security details sent out. Complaints teams I'm hoping will deal with disputes. It's ridiculous that disputes wouldn't deal with it and kept passing the buck. Surely it comes under service not received or requested. I also said that the way disputes dealt with it all at first took away my right to an immediate refund before their investigation as even fraud said at first there wasn't any to suggest negligence or fraud by me. Hope my powers of complaining are up to speed. I got an email to say I was £1300 OD which is not possible I thought thats when I saw it all that's when I made the link between the RAT and my accounts. It's all sorted now and I'm fully covered a little too much so but not letting this happen again. Just fought to get this money back now got to fight again. Not happy with lloyds at all. Any ideas how to send a very stern and which bits of regulation to quote. I found a few but not sure they're correct. Thanks
      Last edited by loulouxx; 3rd May 2014, 07:47:AM. Reason: a question I had

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X