• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Purchase completed without ebay or paypal, wont refund deposit, help!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Purchase completed without ebay or paypal, wont refund deposit, help!

I will make it short and to the point.

I sent 50% of the value of item purchase directly to a friend of seller (we completed out of ebay as seller had withdrawn item). After difficulties in delivery, I asked to end the purchase and seller agreed to send refund.

That was the last I heard from seller for three weeks. When I saw item advertised on another site, i threatened legal action to get my deposit back but seller says he is permitted to keep deposit as I retracted. He also has mentioned that he suffered cancelled delivery costs, this is after delivery was free on this item and i had not confirmed method of delivery at all.

Please can anyone advise me about my rights. I am on a low income and cannot afford to loose out on a deposit. Am i protected under the distant seller regulations?
    Last edited by Joyce evans; 27th April 2014, 23:09:PM.
    Tags: None

Re: Purchase completed without ebay or paypal, wont refund deposit, help!

Hi and welcome.

If you are insisting "Only professional legal advice please" you should take note of the waiver printed on the foot of every page:

The information is necessarily of a general nature and does not, and is not intended to, amount to legal advice to any person on a specific case or matter. You are strongly advised to obtain specific, personal advice from a lawyer about your case or matter and not to rely on anything on this website.

Comment

Re: Purchase completed without ebay or paypal, wont refund deposit, help!

Thanks, problem fixed.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X