• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

I'm minted! £800,000......woo-hooooo!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm minted! £800,000......woo-hooooo!!

I received this email

My husband and I Won 40million Pounds and have decided to donate £800,000.00 Pounds to you, for more info:send *Full Names:, *Tel: *Country: click the link for more proof http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jLSbf6QM_Jg Yours Sincerely, Gareth and Catherine Bull.

I bet all I've got to do is send some money to cover expenses, & provide "Mr & Mrs Bull" with my financial details, so that "they" can kindly empty.......erm, deposit the dosh in my account.

Btw, apparently there is a real Mr & Mrs Bull who did win big on the Eurolottery.

http://419.bittenus.com/donations.htm
    Donations.Watch out for donation scams. If you receive an email about a charitable donation, it is probably a scam. Organisations that make big donations do not inform the receivers via email.
    The scammers use names of existing organisations. In most cases the email accounts in the email are free email accounts and the phone number is a mobile phone.
    NEVER send any money to the criminals behind these scams. If you do, they will just invent a new fee you have to pay, and if you pay that, they invent a new fee, etc, etc until you give up or run out of money.
    These scams work exactly like lottery scams, where the victim is told that he won a lottery.
    CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
    Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
    gets his brain a-going.
    Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
    The last words of John Sedgwick
    Tags: None

Re: I'm minted! £800,000......woo-hooooo!!

So you're picking up the tab for the Brighton bash?

Comment

Originally posted by des8 View Post
      So you're picking up the tab for the Brighton bash?
      I thought it was being funded this year by the Leeds Losers

Comment

I got that scam email . As I only live a few miles away from where the real Mr and mrs Bull live I suggested that a meeting with them and their legal representatives in Haverhill . Never heard another word . Funny that .

Comment

Would it be really bad to give the the details off a DCA bank giro slip

Comment

Originally posted by ODC View Post
            Would it be really bad to give the the details off a DCA bank giro slip
            Lowells, CrapQuest or Marlin?

Comment

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post
              Lowells, CrapQuest or Marlin?

All 3

Comment

As a friend of mine so eloquently put it..........BULL-SH************T!

CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
                Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
                gets his brain a-going.
                Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
                The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                Working...
                X