• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Problem buying on Facebook

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem buying on Facebook

Posted on behalf of new member

I entered into a contract on a Facebook page to buy hospital bags for when I go into hospital to have a baby to take some stress away from me. I have paid the full amount of £150 to the person and since this time, she keeps coming up with endless excuses as to why she hasn't been able to contact me back. Anyway I asked for delivery of the bags in first week of September and this didn't happen so sent her messages to chase up to which she advised she was waiting on delivery of some of the items and would send it out then. Getting ever closer to when I physically need the bags, I contacted her again for update advising I may have to take it with bits missing and sort that out later, she eventually replied claiming she was sending full bags out on Tuesday 17th and I would have by Wednesday 18th, I asked if she would send me shipping details and she agreed. Have received nothing at all since and waited in all day Wednesday for delivery. Have sent her a few messages asking for refund and now having to go and buy what I need myself and she is not responding to any of my messages. What can I do about this? Payment was made via bank transfers (of which I can prove) also I have all messages. I think it will be civil matter as I cannot prove she has intentionally de-frauded me but can't afford services of a lawyer as I soon go on maternity leave. Any advice would be greatly appreciated, thank you. I'm sure you'll understand that the product is of absolutely no use to me after the event.
    Do you have the seller's address/name etc, if so I would send her a letter requesting a refund of your money and formally cancelling your order. Give her 7/14 days to respond then send a letter before action informing her you will be taking court action against her for a refund of the money paid.
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Re: Scammed? on Facebook

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
    Posted on behalf of new member

Do you have the seller's address/name etc, if so I would send her a letter requesting a refund of your money and formally cancelling your order. Give her 7/14 days to respond then send a letter before action informing her you will be taking court action against her for a refund of the money paid.
    Thank you for reply. I have the seller's name but not her home address. I have sent e-mails requesting a full refund starting last Wednesday 18th, but she has never answered any of these. Reading this, I should give her 14 days to respond and failing that send a further e-mail advising court action will be taken against her? From there, how do I initiate court proceedings and what on average does this cost? Many thanks

Comment

You'll need to find out an address for her for service of the court documents. The claim would for approx £150 so the cost would be £25 (which is reclaimed from the defendant).

Have other people had the same problem with this person ? Do they have a business/website where they also sell the same products (as that may help find more information about her) Is it this one ( Beccie's Hospital Bags and New Baby Packs ) ? She sounds like she's had some crisis over the last week so may be why things have gone awry - I know that doesn't help you but it may not be a purposeful thing more a life got in the way thing. She may well sort it out properly for you once she's back so I'd send her a PM again on FB xx
      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
        You'll need to find out an address for her for service of the court documents. The claim would for approx £150 so the cost would be £25 (which is reclaimed from the defendant).

Have other people had the same problem with this person ? Do they have a business/website where they also sell the same products (as that may help find more information about her) Is it this one ( Beccie's Hospital Bags and New Baby Packs ) ? She sounds like she's had some crisis over the last week so may be why things have gone awry - I know that doesn't help you but it may not be a purposeful thing more a life got in the way thing. She may well sort it out properly for you once she's back so I'd send her a PM again on FB xx
        Yes that's the site but the crisis has been going on since may/June with different excuses each time. I understand that sometimes things go wrong and even offered to pull out of it all if it would help 2 months ago, however, she insisted all was well and would go through no problem. She appears online every so often running competitions or promoting other pages but often doesn't answer messages. I think just now she is claiming not to have internet access (this is latest in long line of excuses). Whilst I don't want to appear unreasonable, I certainly can't afford to have paid for items I should have received at start September and still don't have when I go into hospital despite assurance I would receive last Wednesday. The whole reason for using the services was to take some pressure off of me and it has ended up causing me more stress. Thank you again for your advice, will see what I can do regarding an address but will wait a bit longer to see if she does respond to my messages - I go into hospital tomorrow so won't be able to pursue properly just now in any case xx

Comment

Ok, Yes I did have a read back through and it does seem life has overtaken her somewhat.

Send her another email confirming the cancellation of your order due to not receiving it when promised, and then once you come out of hosp we can look at taking it further. Try not to let it stress you out - I know its a lot of money to lose, and the added hassle of having to run about getting things you thought would be taken care of, she should have at least let her customers know if she's in a rough patch financially/emotionally whatever and refund those orders she couldn't fulfil.

I hope everything goes well for you. Pop back on in a couple weeks and if you haven't had any joy we'll do a formal letter before action together.
          #staysafestayhome

Comment

Re: Problem buying on Facebook

When you say you bought via Facebook, was this a Facebook Store app for a company belonging to her, or just one of those group things where people offer items for sale and others express their interest - How did you make payment also?
            Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Always seek the advice of an insured qualified professional. All my legal and nonlegal knowledge comes from either here (LB),my own personal research and experience and/or as the result of necessity as an Employer and Businessman.

By using my advice in any form, you agreed to waive all rights to hold myself or any persons representing myself of any liability.

If you PM me, make sure to include a link to your thread as I don't give out advice in private. All PMs that are sent in missuse (including but not limited to phishing, spam) of the PM application and/or PMs that are threatening or abusive will be reported to the Site Team and if necessary to the police and/or relevant Authority.

I AM SO GOING TO GET BANNED BY CEL FOR POSTING terrible humour POSTS.

The Governess; 6th March 2012 GRRRRRR

Comment

Re: Problem buying on Facebook

Thank you so much for all your help and advice. The seller finally responded to my messages last night and today has refunded the full amount paid back into my bank account. Thanks again for all advice offered, just happy I can put the whole issue behind me now.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X