• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Have you had your Mobile phone stolen?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have you had your Mobile phone stolen?

All is not lost.

Now I use a free antivirus programme on my computer called AVG. One of the sideshoots is also an APP to protect your mobile phone from viruses. So what you may ask? Because it has a programme that allows you to track your phone, even if it is switched off. It will show up on a map on your computer (I won't give you ideas, but you could track your offspring). It also has various abilities such as causing your mobile to ring at the time the perpetrator of the crime is next to a policeman for instance. You can also lock it, or wipe the phone of all data.

http://www.avgmobilation.com/

and

http://download.cnet.com/AVG-AntiVir...-10320142.html
    Tags: None

Re: Have you had your Mobile phone stolen?

Just from a professionl point of view, if you do have your phone stolen, call your provider and ask for a SIM and IMEI bar to be put on.

The IMEI bar can be lifted in 24 hours but not the SIM, they will send you out a new one.

Comment

Quite right Puffrose. But with the APP you may well be able to retrieve the phone if you're quick about it. And have the satisfaction of having the perpetrator caught.

Comment

Hate to be negative, but AVG products have long been regarded as malware in their own right amongst many computer 'experts'. It has a tendency to slow down a computers operation and gives a great many 'false positives'. It is also less then well regarded by testers of anti virus products it having quite low detection rates.

The claims made for the Android app are for the most part hype and I can see it is probably 'bloatware' that will likely reduce the efficiency of any smart phone.
        They were out to get me!! But now it's too late!!

Comment

In all reports I've read, AVG has come out well. The proof of the pudding for me is that in four or more years of running the free version on my computer I have never once had a virus. I've actually just switched to Avast, as it recently overtook AVG in the ratings - it seems pretty good so far. The rest of my family still run AVG, and they too remain virus free. (I'll leave that as it is for CC to come up with a witticism lol!)

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X