• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Ebay, Gumtree & Autotrader Vehicle / Car Scams

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Ebay, Gumtree & Autotrader Vehicle / Car Scams

Hi Boycie and welcome back to posting here, your insights have been sorely missed. I do keep an eye on your finds over on SW when I get the chance and have noticed the ads have reduced somewhat, sadly not enough though. PM or email me what you want looking over and I'd be happy to help if I can.
    Any opinions I give are my own. Any advice I give is without liability. If you are unsure, please seek qualified legal advice.

IF WE HAVE HELPED YOU PLEASE CONSIDER UPGRADING TO VIP - click here

Comment

And, always remember that eBay Inc is an equal opportunity fraudster; they will ignore, or, demonstrably and calculatingly, aid and abet, the defrauding of both buyers and sellers as long as there is a benefit in such fraud for them ...

The ugly reality of eBay’s demonstrable, calculated, blatant, facilitation of endemic auction fraud on consumers on its auctions marketplace ... http://bit.ly/11F2eas

The eBay executive suite—where the incompetent mingle with the disingenuous, the malevolent and the outright criminal, and the just plain stupid ...

Comment

Hi
        I have been scammed on a motor home same one as was put on here warning ppl, sadly too late for me have lost my money

Comment

Sorry to hear you've been caught out by these scum.

Could you email me any account details, invoices etc. to scams@legalbeagles.info and I will see if it is an account we have reported before. Please state the date/time you sent payment too.
          Any opinions I give are my own. Any advice I give is without liability. If you are unsure, please seek qualified legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by Tools View Post
            Sorry to hear you've been caught out by these scum.

Could you email me any account details, invoices etc. to scams@legalbeagles.info and I will s
            ee if it is an account we have reported before. Please state the date/time you sent payment too.

Hi I have tried to send an email to you but its returning the email with failure to send
            regards

Comment

Thats ok I have all the details now

Comment

• Re: Barclays and vehicle scam via ebay and gumtree

- - - Updated - - -

Soz not sure if you all got my last comment, my computer is playing up, I've actually received my money back from Barclays from 2012 after contacting Jenkins the CEO of Barclays so hang in there and keep persisting. Good Luck

Comment

• Re: Barclays and vehicle scam via ebay and gumtree

thanks hun im on it the scumbags had my money, they have relisted the motorhome on ebay at least 5 times since a week ago sat when we got done
                  many thanks

Comment

Saw a good looking Range Rover on Ebay tonight, reg BAZ 6068. Too good to be true on the price so I typed the reg number into Google. This site showed up with a thread to the same reg. So many posts I can't find the original thread so be warned it is back out there!

Comment

Thanks for the heads up, do you have a link to the listing on eBay?

Before buying a vehicle online ALWAYS remember
                      • NEVER send money for a vehicle you've never seen, always #touchthemetal
                      • eBay etc DO NOT offer buyer protection

Lots of other tips here www.legalbeagles.info/touchthemetal

Comment

Been a victim, as a seller. I did use Gumtree last year but deleted the ad due to e mail scams and someone asking for my address
                        Had an e mail today thanking me for placing an ad.
                        Checked it out and it is the one I placed there word for word, I did not click on any of the links.
                        We do have the item for sale at a local broker (its a boat) he was not best pleased as he had seen this ad and now wants the boat off his premises'.
                        I have asked him to reconsider and awaiting his reply.
                        Contacted Gumtree (very slow to answer) I have deactivated the account as well.
                        Last edited by dogtired; 13th May 2015, 20:28:PM.
                        Never give up, Never surrender.

Comment

If you can send me the details by email DT, I'm happy to speak with the dealer for you to highlight the problems associated with Gumtree.

Comment

Thank you, I will pm you his email address ( dealer) have deleted the ones from gum tree unfortunately.
                            Never give up, Never surrender.

Comment

Got it and replied.

Comment

Apologies for my infrequent visits but to be effective I have to be relentless in reporting and posting fraudulent adverts on AT UK the moment I see them. Retirement and health means that I am well-suited to the task and I can operate in the twilight hours, which seems to be where I have driven the fraudsters to operate most recently.

This weekend has seen AT UK acting very quickly but that follows a week when when one day 6 dealer accounts were hacked, and today they've gone quiet after I reported a massive hack that was removed quickly. I take heart from seeing the hackers work rendered useless so quickly. As much as I want the ads removed quickly, so that they are less effective, I do like to keep records and screen grabs of the photo sets scammers are using as they have always stuck to the same ones, though that has changed recently.

It's fun to watch them changing tactics all the time, whether it's changing their email addresses more frequently and trying to use photo sets that I can't pick up from Google, but I use other tactics to trace cars. Above all it suggests that my work has an effect, though it's impossible to tell how much, and I can only cope with one ad site.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X