• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Ebay, Gumtree & Autotrader Vehicle / Car Scams

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Ebay, Gumtree & Autotrader Vehicle / Car Scams

Glad you Googled Bullock and thank you for letting us know.

To help others could you please post up the advert and any email address etc they used. If you fancy trying to extract the bank account from them that would also be great. PM me if you need help with that

To help us better target victims, can you tell me exactly how you found us, Google search, word of mouth, another website?
    Any opinions I give are my own. Any advice I give is without liability. If you are unsure, please seek qualified legal advice.

IF WE HAVE HELPED YOU PLEASE CONSIDER UPGRADING TO VIP - click here

Comment

Was it this one?

http://ads.caravansforsale.co.uk/mot...d=801580&new=1

Hymer C514 Classic Motorhome, 4 berth, (2006) Second Hand Motorhome for sale in Merseyside

£ 6,200

Added 25 October 2014
      |

|

Located in Merseyside
      |
      Share:

|
      |
      Save:

Is this your ad?
      Get up to 10x more response by enhancing your ad - view upgrade options

Description

Finance Your Motorhome

Fiat Hymer C514 Classic Motorhome Limited Edition Motorhome. The limited edition offers greater BHP, 2 skylights, aircon, and better interior. 4 new michelin Agilis camper tyres recentky fitted. 35000 Miles. shower, cassette toilet, 4 passenger seat belts in cabin, Fridge with freezer section, Electric Step, Double cycle rack, 12V Lighting, 240V Lighting, Air Conditioning, Awning, Blinds, CD Player, Central Heating, Central Seating Group, Cooker, External Side Lockers, Fixed Double Bed, Grill, Hand Washbasin, Mains Hookup, Oven, Radio, Electric Mirrors, Electric Windows, Anti-Lock Brakes, Back Seat Safety Belts, Driver Airbag, Safety Belt Pretensioners.
      Make:
      Hymer

Model:
      C514 Classic Motorhome

Berth:

Reg year:

Email advertiser about this advert
      Get an Insurance quote from our partners at The Caravan Club
      Any opinions I give are my own. Any advice I give is without liability. If you are unsure, please seek qualified legal advice.

Comment

I've emailed the seller of that anyway and to the credit of Caravansforsale.co.uk I instantly received this email back from them, 10/10 and I wish ebay gumtree and AutoTrader did exactly the same.

Hi Jules,

Thank you for the email you sent in response to advert reference 801580. Once the email has been checked, it will be forwarded to the advertiser.

For your records, the details of the advert you have responded to are:-

Fiat Hymer C514 Classic Motorhome Limited Edition Motorhome. The limited edition offers greater BHP, 2 skylights, aircon, and better interior. 4 new michelin Agilis camper tyres recentky fitted. 35000 Miles. shower, cassette toilet, 4 passenger seat belts in cabin, Fridge with freezer section, Electric Step, Double cycle rack, 12V Lighting, 240V Lighting, Air Conditioning, Awning, Blinds, CD Player, Central Heating, Central Seating Group, Cooker, External Side Lockers, Fixed Double Bed, Grill, Hand Washbasin, Mains Hookup, Oven, Radio, Electric Mirrors, Electric Windows, Anti-Lock Brakes, Back Seat Safety Belts, Driver Airbag, Safety Belt Pretensioners.

For Your Information

You need to be very careful when dealing with people you have never met. Here at Caravansforsale.co.uk we take the safety of our user's very seriously and we do everything we can to keep scammers off the site. With that in mind please remember the following:
        • Never send money to people you've never met
        • Never pay for an item that you have never seen in person
        • Avoid sellers that try to direct you through eBay or Western Union
        • If the price seems too good to be true, it probably is
        • Remember to exercise common sense

Comment

Recently for sale here too, it's moved around a bit, original GENUINE listing here
          Related Ads

• 2006 Hymer C514 Classic Motorhome

Fiat Hymer C514 Classic Motorhome Limited Edition Motorhome. The limited edition offers greater BHP, 2 skylights, aircon, and better interior. 4 new michelin Agilis camper tyres recentky fitted. 35000 Miles. shower, cassette toile...

Fiat Hymer C514 Classic Motorhome Limited Edition Motorhome. The limited edition offers greater BHP, 2 skylights, aircon, and better interior. 4 new michelin Agilis camper tyres recentky fitted. 12 months MOT. shower, cassette toi...

Fiat Hymer C514 Classic Motorhome Limited Edition Motorhome. The limited edition offers greater BHP, 2 skylights, aircon, and better interior. 4 new michelin Agilis camper tyres recentky fitted. 12 months MOT. shower, cassette toi...

Comment

Hi, I'm kicking myself as deleted the email from seller. Emailed him again but he must have sussed summat was going on as haven't heard from him.
            I found you by googling the vehicle model and the word scam. Like I said it was too good to be true so checked it out.

Comment

Here is the reply I got from john Hargrave, supposed seller of the hymer. His email address is j.hargrave.family@hotmail.com.

Hi again,

Total Length (feet): 19
              Width: 7'2''

As I've said in my previous email I am in Perth, Scotland to the military base Queen's Barracks, getting ready to be posted for 6 months to Brunei. I'm doing a special training program each day and I am not allowed to get out of the unit or give calls whenever I want. The delivery will take 2 to 3 days depending on your location and it's not a problem because I can do it at no cost for you. Because it is a large transaction, we will complete the deal only using an authorized third part like Google Wallet because I already prearranged the whole process with them, using their Google Safe Pay Solutions (bank-to-bank wire transfer) for vehicles.

The money will be sent to Google Wallet, before you will receive the vehicle. So, you will deposit the payment directly into the Google Wallet agent's bank account in United Kingdom, either online or at most banks and they will hold and secure your money during the entire transaction. I repeat, they will hold and insure your money until receipt of the vehicle in good condition and will release the funds to us only after you decide to keep the vehicle and you register it, into your name. You will have an inspection period of 10 days. In this time you can check, test and inspect the vehicle. If by any reason (the vehicle has any hidden damages or is not like I describe it) you can reject the deal. In this case Google Wallet will refund you totally and they will deliver the vehicle back.
              You can read more about Google Wallet by searching this link in your browser :

http://wallet.google.escrow.eidsb.co...let.google.com

Please let me know your delivery details (your full name, full address and home phone number) so I can open a transaction case with Google Wallet and declare you as buyer. They will contact you with further information regarding payment and delivery.

Regards,

John

Date: Sun, 26 Oct 2014 23:47:52 +0000
              Subject: Re: 2006 Hymer C514 Classic Motorhome.
              To: j.hargrave.family@hotmail.com

Hi, thanks for the info. We are very interested but would like to know the dimensions of it.

Thanks

Jenny Bullock

Sent from Samsung Mobile

-------- Original message --------
              Date: 26/10/2014 12:40 (GMT+00:00)
              To: "Jenny50miles@hotmail.com" <jenny50miles@hotmail.com>
              Subject: 2006 Hymer C514 Classic Motorhome.

Hello,

The Hymer C514 Classic Motorhome is still for sale in excellent condition, with no damages or any faults. All necessary documents available. No finance. My current location is Perth, Scotland due to my work commitments. If this is going to be a quick sale, I will let it go for £6,200 delivered at my costs.
              Please let me know if you are still interested in buying it.

Thank you

John

Comment

• Re: Ebay, Gumtree &amp; Autotrader Vehicle / Car Scams

Thanks Bullock, yes it's 100% scam

Comment

here's a few more fake shipping companys from STOP ESCROW FRAUD

http://escrow-fraud.com/search.php

Records 1 thorough 50 of 13397

Comment

Thanks Dixie, we have also now included that site as a resource here http://legalbeagles.info/scamaccounts/index.html

Once on that page click Resources and the picture of the car transporter on the right.

Comment

Originally posted by Tools View Post
                      Thanks Dixie, we have also now included that site as a resource here http://legalbeagles.info/scamaccounts/index.html

Once on that page click Resources and the picture of the car transporter on the right.

great set up and easy to navigate tools great work thanks, does anyone have any idea why the press are not asking ebay inc. / uk banks (mainly barclays ) autotrader uk to put an end to this online car ad fraud ? , my theory is ebay/autotrader must have very very very expensive legal representatives shunning any responsability for not being able to put a stop to fraudulant ads happening daily on there site which also includes gumtree. The banks won't admit reponsability not because of the claims sought by victims but the bad publicity it will/would get get , branding there corperation the choice of fraudsters which would not look good in the boardroom for there shareholders !, i want the media to front these global corperations instead of interviewing victims

dixie2013

Comment

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-29891285

GCHQ's Robert Hannigan says tech firms 'in denial' on extremism

i mentioned in an earlier post my concerns regarding the mets resources in tackling cyber crime , this report looks at this on a much larger scale !!. If companys/businesses are to benefit from the internet as eveyone is these businesses/corperations must put measures in place to prevent there websites from BEING HIJACKED BY CRIMINALS

dixie2013

Comment

Originally posted by dixie2013 View Post
                          http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-29891285
                          i mentioned in an earlier post my concerns regarding the mets resources in tackling cyber crime , this report looks at this on a much larger scale !!. If companys/businesses are to benefit from the internet as eveyone is these businesses/corperations must put measures in place to prevent there websites from BEING HIJACKED BY CRIMINALS
                          dixie2013
                          If only it was that easy! For years people have been selling shared space on web server with little regard to the fact that a coding error on one site can open the whole server up to abuse which emerges six months later as a phishing site hosted on a different website. Unless you are really tight on checks and controls (as we are obviously!) then it gets really complex to even know you have been hacked let alone prevent it.

Roll on a few years and everyone is "clouding" everything and the same problems drop out but on a far greater scale. We now have not just websites but cloud apps to worry about. We have seen a hacked home PC with client A, meandering through a complex net of shared resources, resulting in an open mail relay for client B on their virtual server. Pass the pills Nurse...

Comment

i understand the enormaty of the issue and i apreciate the complex world of IT and how difficult it is to eradicate fraud/crime............. completely but what i don't understand is global organisations (ebay/autotrader/barclays......... ) are aware that fraudsters are using/hacking there sites/services 24/7 365 ?? . They either CAN'T do anything about it because the either don't know how to or don't want to put resources into it or maybe its just the sheer number of attacks daily overwhelming the site !!, the volume of around i would estimate 10.000 + victims (and rising daily !!) all with similar experiences speaks for itself

Comment

Since the Snowden revelations I understand the Russian Security Services have resorted to pen, paper & manual typewriters and I ain't kidding

Comment

Bbc1 tonight at 8pm , watchdog, holiday-home rental firm whose website has been taken over by fraudsters, sounds like the homeaway victims, ill have my fingers crossed that ann exposes the mule barclays accounts
                                Last edited by dixie2013; 6th November 2014, 10:53:AM.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X