• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Ebay, Gumtree & Autotrader Vehicle / Car Scams

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Ebay, Gumtree & Autotrader Vehicle / Car Scams

If they used the following account details it was reported to Barclays Fraud Dept on 09-10-14

Sort Code: 20-93-15
    Account Number: 13949265

Funds are normally withdrawn by the scammer within a matter of hours, which is why it is important to report it as soon as possible. Have a read around the forum about eBay, Gumtree, Auto Trader scams and you will see in more detail.
    Any opinions I give are my own. Any advice I give is without liability. If you are unsure, please seek qualified legal advice.

IF WE HAVE HELPED YOU PLEASE CONSIDER UPGRADING TO VIP - click here

Comment

yes these are the exact account details...however we are late to report it...the police have been visited again today and they said they will get in contact with the fraud squad again...the name of the account paid into was Artur Schulz...the item on sale was a mercedes vito with the registration of VX58 EPA...item number: 140785144711

Comment

In an attempt to find out if the bank can be at fault we need evidence of their negligence and the following dates are important

When was the payment made
        When was the scam realized
        What date AND time was the fraud reported to the victims bank

Comment

I don't know if it has already been suggested but why not consolidate all the details in this thread into a simple look up database site so people could see if the bank account they are about to pay into has been used for fraud already? Obviously with timing being critical it would be important to update regularly which would be the problem. Ebay and autotrader are keen to prove they are making all efforts so a link on their pages might be possible. If the data was on the LB server then it might provide a service beyond cars as well...just a thought.

Comment

I agree CG, however in some instances we have to keep details back, especially when a scambait is taking place. I do hold a list of accounts already reported, new ones are usually posted here and are found with a simple google search, that is how most people find it. As soon as we get account details they are reported through a network we have set up. As has been demonstrated with Bricko's case (will post more detail when able to) there can on rare occasions be a positive outcome.
            Any opinions I give are my own. Any advice I give is without liability. If you are unsure, please seek qualified legal advice.

Comment

Of course they will only come to you once they have been scammed. If there was a big "check the bank account here" notice on the original listing then you might prevent more of them becoming victims. Your baiting operations would not be affected as you would not check too hard! Well done for your efforts on this by the way. Good work!

Comment

So far the bank (Halifax - Rugby branch) have turned around and said it is a police matter since we have a Crime Reference Number, which we received from action fraud.

Payment was made on 1st October 2014
                Scam was realised as a fraud on the delivery date on the 4th October 2014
                The fraud was reported initially on the 6th October 2014

Comment

Sadly the money will have been withdrawn within a couple of hours of you putting it in Divyan.

CG, most of the accounts we receive are published either here or on Scamwarners.com

Comment

I wonder who could help us with that database CG

Comment

Or something like this?

http://legalbeagles.info/mule-bank-a...used-in-scams/

Comment

I think you have all those skills, and more importantly the data but if you ever feel the need, we can always help out of course!

Comment

Well yes...ok...I give in :tinysmile_cry_t:

Still it would be better to get it mentioned in ebay et al actually on the sales page in BIG letters! A link to scamaccounts.co.uk with credits to LB (and a certain hosting company). I think with your cred with them and the police right now you could get that in place. I suspect that would cut the victim rate somewhat?

Comment

You've set Sharon off now lol, she'll be sending more cake if you're not careful

Comment

We have been considering amending our systems to include support for edible payments but I think the testing process would kill 50% of my staff in the short term and the other 50% would die a long slow and painful death, unable to leave the office due to inadequate door width and/or embarrassment over wardrobe malfunctions! Also, I think the audit trail might be a little unsavoury!

Comment

Originally posted by Tools View Post
                                Excellent tools If that is made public showing that its often Barclays who are involved they & the other banks might decide to actually do something about their scam accounts

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X